Bio-Wars: The Greatest Heisei Track?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Bio-Wars: The Greatest Heisei Track?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Is Bio Wars the greatest Heisei Track? I think so now.

Originally, I flubbed it off as just a rock rendition of the Godzilla theme...with blazing 90’s guitars (in 1989!!!)

And then it goes full crazy...then it kicks in,

2:15...

HOLY SHIT
ITS THE PROPHECIES OF NOSTRADAMUS THEME

AND THEN IT KICKS INTO
A JAZZ/PROG ROCK SYMPHONY OF ORGASMIC LOVE.

and it keeps swapping back between these themes, and its just...possibly the most orgasmic Godzilla theme to date

And 4:00 mins it, it kicks back into that rocking 90’s theme.

To be clear, don’t compare this to originalmikifube tracks: but is this not the best heisei theme?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Bio-Wars: The Greatest Heisei Track?

Post by Maritonic »

Drinking and TK don't go well together, my friend.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I don't know if I'd go with the best, but top 5 for sure. There is a version without the electric guitar, too, that's just straight-up the Disco-esque remainder; for me, that one's even better!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

There are several Ifukube Heisei series compositions I prefer, but Bio-Wars is still really good.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I had a threesome to Bio-Wars once, great song
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Dragonforce: "Through the Fire and Flames" is truly making love with a guitar.

Koichi Sugiyama: I'm about to end this man's whole career... with a f**king orchestra backing me up.

Akira Ifukube (hiding in the shadows with a Palpatine voice): DO IT.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Actually no, Ifukube hated the track. It's one of the reasons he returned to score Godzilla vs King Ghidorah.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Actually no, Ifukube hated the track. It's one of the reasons he returned to score Godzilla vs King Ghidorah.
Yeah and I’ll be honest, his heisei music wasn’t as great as the showa stuff.

Only real standout was the big Godzilla vs MG2 theme.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I think his Heisei scores have the benefit of being better recordings but he didn’t really do many new compositions.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

His Heisei was mostly cut and paste stuff. It also lacked the rawness of his early stuff. Its also responsible for the current iteration of the Godzilla theme which I am not a fan of.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

current Godzilla theme is amazing though
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Hard to beat this

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Several humans with guns wanting Godzilla cells? Let them fight.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'm personally an End Credits from Godzilla vs Biollante kind of guy myself.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

I think that some of Ifukube's tracks take the cake for me. Although he mostly rehashed themes from the Showa era, I prefer the Heisei era renditions for the sound quality. My favorite tracks are definitely the intro tracks such as the following:

This theme from the beginning of Godzilla vs. Desotoryah is incredible epic and as a brass player, I love that the brass section leads here.

Love this opening track from the beginning of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II although I think the pitch in this video is a little off. A fan favorite no doubt.

:

I have always had a soft spot for the UFO music from this film even though it is a rehash from a theme from the Showa era (I think from The Mysterians).
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:Love this opening track from the beginning of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II although I think the pitch in this video is a little off. A fan favorite no doubt.
Yep, sounds like the video is from a PAL release of the film.
I have always had a soft spot for the UFO music from this film even though it is a rehash from a theme from the Showa era (I think from The Mysterians).
That's the battle theme from KKvG. I have to say I prefer the up tempo 1991 rearrangement.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:
**video**

Isn’t it a rehash of GTTHM’s King Ghidorah Theme?
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Bio Wars is ridiculously fantastic.

But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd choose from one of Ifukube's scores during the 90s.

1) The UFO/Ghidorah Theme from 91 (Yes yes, they are remixes, but they sound pretty dang great).
2) Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla Main Title / Mechagodzilla theme (Is that remix of his previous work? I don't recall hearing anything quite like it in any of his other films)
3) Godzilla Vs. Destroyah Main Titles (I mean...Good Lord Almighty it sounds awesome!)
4) Godziilla's Requiem from Godzilla Vs. Destroayh (a fitting funeral march for a King)
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ShinGojira14 wrote:I'm personally an End Credits from Godzilla vs Biollante kind of guy myself.
Same. Very moving track when the strings come in. God I love this score. It's difficult to settle on a single favorite track.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I love Bio Wars. I LOVE Requiem(Yes, even if it is like a upgrade of Rodan's death theme)

I absolutely love the main theme for MechaGodzilla 2 and the main themes for Destoroyah. They both carry so much power.

Bio Wars was always special to me because it felt like such an "in your face" modernization of the main theme. It would also be the perfect Godzilla Anime opening theme(well, a PROPER Godzilla anime, at least)

Added in 40 seconds:
GojiDog wrote:Bio Wars is ridiculously fantastic.

But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd choose from one of Ifukube's scores during the 90s.

1) The UFO/Ghidorah Theme from 91 (Yes yes, they are remixes, but they sound pretty dang great).
2) Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla Main Title / Mechagodzilla theme (Is that remix of his previous work? I don't recall hearing anything quite like it in any of his other films)
3) Godzilla Vs. Destroyah Main Titles (I mean...Good Lord Almighty it sounds awesome!)
4) Godziilla's Requiem from Godzilla Vs. Destroayh (a fitting funeral march for a King)
Those are all of my top tracks as well.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."