Lost Project Discussion - Godzilla's Counterattack (1992)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Lost Project Discussion - Godzilla's Counterattack (1992)

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I couldn't find any thread regarding this unmade film, so I thought I'd make one myself.

To be honest, I like this concept and even wished it saw the light of day. It has a lot going for it: terrorists, Godzilla's rampant reaction, A new rendition of Mechani-Kong, the 'Fantastic Voyage'-esque adventures inside Godzilla's body, etc. Allthough, I would find the brief shrinking aspect to be a bit unnecessary, considering that Godzilla is already pretty large at that point. Speaking of size, since this would've been after Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, I imagine Mechani-Kong would've been about 80-90 metres against Godzilla being 100 metres.

But those are my thoughts? How about yours? Please feel free to express your ideas, thoughts and opinions down below. Thank you.

Links below:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs._Mechani-Kong
https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... ack92.html
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Micro_Super_B ... ._Gigamoth
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Lost Project Discussion - Godzilla's Counterattack (1992)

Post by Gigantis »

Huh. I forgot there was a thread for this.

All in all, sounds like an alright feature. I would love Mechani Kong to come back with an updated design and this could've done him justice. Although personally, i was never to keen on the weird "travel through Godzilla" story. IDK, things like that is just...offputting. I personally prefer the one draft where they fight in Las Vegas and also deal with that weird bird monster.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

It definitely sounds like it would have been a rather wacky film, especially with the whole submarine traveling through Godzilla stuff- but honestly, not something that wouldn't fit in the Heisei series lol. I definitely like the other draft better too, something about the Godzilla/megabird/Mechanikong confrontation in Las Vegas sounds really neat.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I remember in a few places, this forum to be precise, that the monster bird was supposed to be called Archaeopterx. After the feathered dinosaur. Also the flick might've been set in the United States. More specifically Las Vegas, Nevada.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The One and Only wrote:I remember in a few places, this forum to be precise, that the monster bird was supposed to be called Archaeopterx. After the feathered dinosaur. Also the flick might've been set in the United States. More specifically Las Vegas, Nevada.

Ugh.

I just got reminded, I always wanted to see Vega attacked at night with all it's neon signs on, and G2014 has an EMP monster attack it in the day. Major missed opportunity for a cool visual.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The One and Only wrote:I remember in a few places, this forum to be precise, that the monster bird was supposed to be called Archaeopterx. After the feathered dinosaur. Also the flick might've been set in the United States. More specifically Las Vegas, Nevada.
Actually, for whatever reason, the bird monster was actually named "Gigamoth"...yep, it shares the same name as the other scrapped monster. The fight being set in Vegas is true, it was a three way with Godzilla, Mechani-Kong and Gigamoth with a bunch of humans travelling inside Godzilla's body. Sounds kinda cool actually!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

tyrantgoji wrote:Actually, for whatever reason, the bird monster was actually named "Gigamoth"...yep, it shares the same name as the other scrapped monster. The fight being set in Vegas is true, it was a three way with Godzilla, Mechani-Kong and Gigamoth with a bunch of humans travelling inside Godzilla's body. Sounds kinda cool actually!
Correct! The giant bird was named Gigamoth. Can't remember which draft it was specifically, I think it was Micro Super Battle, but Godzilla's cells would've been like monsters on their own as they attacked the invasive tiny scientists.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock