Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Super-Nuked Godzilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Super-Nuked Godzilla

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Since I can find almost no information on this concept, I decided to make a topic where we can all discuss this concept and share what we know.
From what I can find, it seems that Godzilla would have been fighting another Godzilla, but this one would have been more mutated and bigger.
This is a really interesting concept for the final Heisei film in my opininon
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Re: Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Super-Nuked Godzilla

Post by GigaGoji »

This is a thing? I've never heard of this until now.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Andrew the Gojifan wrote:From what I can find, it seems that Godzilla would have been fighting another Godzilla, but this one would have been more mutated and bigger.
Correct! There's not a whole lot of info unfortunately, but the Heisei Godzilla would've done battle with a Godzillasaurus that had been nuked almost beyond recognition. The primary setting would've been the Russian city of Vladivostok. Still working on the TK page for it, but here's the art for the "super-nuked Godzilla".
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Jesus Christ. Looks like as if Godzilla and Hedorah had a baby.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Jesus Christ. Looks like as if Godzilla and Hedorah had a baby.
I see images of Biollante in that. I don't know, might just be me.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Jesus Christ. Looks like as if Godzilla and Hedorah had a baby.
I had pretty much the same thought when I saw that.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The concept sounds remarkably similar to the fanfic Godzilla vs Timatodon that was posted on G-Fan magazine's website.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

So, do we know if Junior had a role in the film?
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: Lost Project Discussion: Godzilla vs. Shin Godzilla

Post by Cybermat47 »

It sounds somewhat contrived and pointless... but what the hell, I still want to see it :D

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Really interesting idea, that design is pretty neat for an enemy Godzilla

Added in 28 seconds:
Andrew the Gojifan wrote:So, do we know if Junior had a role in the film?
Considering this is the first time any people are hearing about it, I wouldn't expect that info to come out anytime soon

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

Another great, unused idea. Sure movie-business is about change within the pre-production but since Toho pulled so many good sounding ideas - why they are not revisiting it for movies, novels and manga? Especially in manga, this could be a chance for them to gain more profit.

Sure the Polygon anime trilogy will receive a manga-adaptation, but it would be great if Godzilla could join the ranks of Mobile Suit Gundam in manga as well.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ivo-goji wrote:The concept sounds remarkably similar to the fanfic Godzilla vs Timatodon that was posted on G-Fan magazine's website.
Really? Cool. Is that still up?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Really? Cool. Is that still up?
Haven't given it a read to spot any similarities yet, but yup: http://www.g-fan.com/html/fanfiction.php
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That's one freaky looking Godzilla. There have been several attempts to get a Godzilla vs Godzilla, and this one doesn't sound that interesting based on current information.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I wish we knew more about this, it sounds super interesting to me. Super-Nuked Godzilla himself has an awesome design (feels kinda Shin-esque to me funnily enough), and there’s a lot they could have done with this that would have made this an excellent conclusion to the Heisei series. I hope this sorta idea gets revisited one day, obviously not 1 to 1 unless they make another Godzilla that’s just a mutant dinosaur, but Godzilla facing a version of himself even further twisted by radiation has a lot of potential.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I'm not a fan of this concept and I'm glad that it was cancelled. The idea of Godzilla fighting another Godzilla that is even more mutated just doesn't sound like a good idea for a finale movie. It just sounds lazy to me. Like, instead of coming up with a new monster, they just have another Godzilla. At least the design of Super-Nuked Godzilla looks cool and menacing, but in the end, I'm happy we got Godzilla vs. Destoroyah instead. I like the Godzilla vs. Ghost Godzilla concept more.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I don't think this was the greatest idea for a finale, especially if it was always planned to come after Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla, which already had Godzilla fighting another, weirder Godzilla. I do think Super-Nuked Godzilla is an interesting concept, though. If a company wanted to start a new series of Godzilla films, it could be a cool twist to make it seem like it would be a solo film, only to have Super-Nuked show up a good way through! I'm glad they closed out Heisei with Destroyah, though.