GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Chaoticmadness
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Chaoticmadness » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 am

No I completely understand I was just hoping for a double feature with godzilla vs biollante. It's one of the only godzilla movies hi haven't seen.

User avatar
Goji
Kwaidan
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Goji » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:48 am

Sony are the ones distributing the double features. They have nothing to do with this release.
Last edited by Goji on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

Legion1979
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11263
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Legion1979 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 am

Chaoticmadness wrote:No I completely understand I was just hoping for a double feature with godzilla vs biollante. It's one of the only godzilla movies hi haven't seen.


Why can't you just buy "Biollante" by itself? Why are you hoping for a double feature?

Chaoticmadness
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Chaoticmadness » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 am

I just asked if there was one or not ? don't matter to me just trying to get two movies at once. Iv been looking for godzilla v biollante but no luck except online. Also, is it true space godzilla was created from biollante? I heard it from a few places

User avatar
Goji
Kwaidan
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Goji » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:20 pm

I think it's probably in your best interest to just stop posting.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

Legion1979
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11263
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Legion1979 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Chaoticmadness wrote:Iv been looking for godzilla v biollante but no luck except online.


I saw a good dozen of them at FYE today.

Chaoticmadness
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Chaoticmadness » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:04 pm

It's all good thanks

User avatar
AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby AbudJasemAlBaldawi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 am

*edit* nvm, answered in another topic
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
djmajin
Yojimbo
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby djmajin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm

does a version of the DVD not blu ray exist with the commentary for this movie?

heck does a blu ray version exist with the commentary

I knew it was cut initially but dont know if it was ever added to second runs

User avatar
Crazy Jim Films
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Crazy Jim Films » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.
Check out the trailer for my debut feature film, "The Angry World of Brian Webster".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaRxruc2oo&t=17s
https://www.facebook.com/angryworld2014

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8075
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Godzilla21 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:48 am

Crazy Jim Films wrote:Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.


It's unfortunate we will never hear Ed's commentary for this
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
djmajin
Yojimbo
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby djmajin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:54 am

Godzilla21 wrote:
Crazy Jim Films wrote:Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.


It's unfortunate we will never hear Ed's commentary for this


Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever

I wish we had ones for all the godzilla movies

I love all the ones on the classic media releases

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Godzillian » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 am

djmajin wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Crazy Jim Films wrote:Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.


It's unfortunate we will never hear Ed's commentary for this


Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever

I wish we had ones for all the godzilla movies

I love all the ones on the classic media releases


Toho has to approve of it for the commentary to be released. It can be assumed either Toho took to long in the approval process and Echo Bridge just said "screw it, release it without the commentary" or Toho didn't approve of it at all. I'm sure he doesn't want to take any chances after what happened with Media Blasters and their unauthorized release of the Destroy All Monsters commentary.
Image

User avatar
Goji
Kwaidan
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Goji » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:07 pm

That's exactly what happened. The discs needed to be pressed by a certain date, and they simply couldn't wait for Toho anymore.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Pkmatrix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:04 am

djmajin wrote:Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever


You're assuming he owns the rights to the commentary track. They very likely ARE tied up legally.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Mr. Xeno » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Godzillian wrote:Toho has to approve of it for the commentary to be released. It can be assumed either Toho took to long in the approval process and Echo Bridge just said "screw it, release it without the commentary" or Toho didn't approve of it at all. I'm sure he doesn't want to take any chances after what happened with Media Blasters and their unauthorized release of the Destroy All Monsters commentary.

I don't know how the laws are set up in Japan, but if it's literally JUST audio of nothing other than Ed G's voice, and he simply releases it for free online, it shouldn't cause any problems, unless he specifically signed over the ownership of the track to Echo Bridge or something (although they should be able to do the same).
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
Rody
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5146
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 am

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Rody » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Originally posted on August 21, 2013:
edgodzi wrote:
Crimson_Raptor wrote:
starsteam wrote:.. two other releases and yet they still haven't included the commentary. Wasted opportunities.

Amen, my brother from another mother. Why can't the guy who did them, release them on Youtube, or some place like that, since they were never used? Does it have something to do with the fact he was paid to do the commentary, but it was never approved by Toho to use for the DVD release , so now Echo Bridge would be the only one, legally, allowed to release their content on Youtube?


Since EB paid me for the commentary, it is their property. I'd love to make the commentary available, but that wouldn't be ethical for me to do.

Ed G.

There you go.

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Pkmatrix » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:41 am

edgodzi wrote:Since EB paid me for the commentary, it is their property. I'd love to make the commentary available, but that wouldn't be ethical for me to do.

Ed G.


That's what I thought! I knew we had covered this before. I know it's a long thread, but sometimes just reading through can help find the answers you're looking for. Pretty much everything has been addressed at this point.

User avatar
Rody
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5146
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 am

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Rody » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 am

When Roses Attack: 25 Years of Godzilla vs. Biollante with Ed Godziszewski

Here's a great article that covers some of the details we might have heard in the Echo Bridge commentary.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8075
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Postby Godzilla21 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Rody wrote:When Roses Attack: 25 Years of Godzilla vs. Biollante with Ed Godziszewski

Here's a great article that covers some of the details we might have heard in the Echo Bridge commentary.


An excellent read. Ed G is a true pioneer of Godzilla fandom in North America.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.


Return to “Toho Media”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest