GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
silentjay
Ronin

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Post by silentjay »

If anything, that could easily be Echo Bridge overstock/returns, rather than a proper new release, being sold off rather than liquidated.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

silentjay wrote:
If anything, that could easily be Echo Bridge overstock/returns, rather than a proper new release, being sold off rather than liquidated.
You can see the Lionsgate logo on the side of the packaging. I suppose it could be a rebrand of the EB release but it's newly manufactured.

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

This better get re-released, I sold my copy.
G . o . D . z . F . i . R . e

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

Someone on Blu-ray.com posted a scan of Lionsgate's back cover: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=623.

As suspected, it looks like a re-issue of the EB disc.

Themovieman1954
Young Farmer

Post by Themovieman1954 »

This is what I got from Lionsgate, that I was asking about them that are they going to re-use the disc from the echo bridge release.

Hello Tue,

"Thank you for your email and interest in LionsGate products! Unfortunately, we do not have any information of the art work that was printed on the discs of the previous Echo Bridge release. We apologize for the inconvenience. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us".

Thank you,
LionsGate Shop Customer Care

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Hmm, well if the DTS logo on the back is any indication, this should be the 'fixed' disc which EB started pressing much later on.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Anyone get this yet? Amazon is showing it in stock.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Starsteam wrote:Anyone get this yet? Amazon is showing it in stock.
Mine just shipped.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

mine is here, this is my first godzillla vs biollante blu-ray so... do i have to look for something especial or... i got to say ,i buyed all the heisei and millenium movies on bluray too and im a little dissapointed because my disc dosent has a picture of the cover on it, it only has Godzilla vs Biollante whit a gray boring back ground, gonna watch it today on my ps3 when it finish downloading the update of a game

looking again it has the logo from liongate and of course the two minilogos of the monsters godzilla and biollante on it, cool, but i could at least be cool-black in the background like the godzilla 2014 bluray but no it has to be boring-gray, who tought that was a nice looking cover for the disc?

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

the-killer-wc wrote:mine is here, this is my first godzillla vs biollante blu-ray so... do i have to look for something especial or... i got to say ,i buyed all the heisei and millenium movies on bluray too and im a little dissapointed because my disc dosent has a picture of the cover on it, it only has Godzilla vs Biollante whit a gray boring back ground, gonna watch it today on my ps3 when it finish downloading the update of a game

looking again it has the logo from liongate and of course the two minilogos of the monsters godzilla and biollante on it, cool, but i could at least be cool-black in the background like the godzilla 2014 bluray but no it has to be boring-gray, who tought that was a nice looking cover for the disc?
Interesting. The original release didn't have the monster logos for Godzilla and Biollante.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

What is the menu like?
The Echo Bridge Blu-ray's menu looked like this http://www.tohokingdom.com/images/blu-r ... menu01.jpg

Since you don't have the original Blu-ray, there's no point in asking for quality comparisons. It's alright.

My EB DVD for GvBio has a picture on the disc, not a generic grey paint. I guess there's one point off for LG.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

so a member of my family disconected my ps3 and now the download of my game needs more time but i discover i can continue it later so i tell what i can see because i cant upload pictures at the moment

-yeah it looks like that, it also changes from showing that window to a full view of scenes of the movie and on a window like that too, i dont know if explain my self here, it also showes a 3d scan of godzilla on red lines, very 80`s, there is an escene from the movie when godzilla shoots the atomic ray to the super x2 and the super x2 shootting back

-it also showes the echo bridge introbefore going to the menu, so or a i got a echobridge bluray whit a liongate boring-gray sticker on it or liongate reused the disc from echobridge

-also the menu showes 4 options down on the scree, i say it because in the screen you showed me there is not selction menu in there but in mine there is

later i see if i can upload some pictures of it, also of the boring disc

damm it liongate you had one job

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Wait wait- It shows the ECHO BRIDGE intro?

This is a straight up re-brand then. No wonder it wasn't on Lions Gate's release schedule, it's nothing new. New packaging, same product.

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

I really need to watch this film. Here is my situation:

I was 15 or so when it was released, did NOT like the angry/fat thighs Godzilla, and was thinking "W-T-F?" when I saw the posters that supposedly showed Goji battling a 'huge flower'. Sigh. I have since grown and developed as a person, (hopefully lol) so now is the time, but....

I need convincing, it seems....

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Ok just double checked and yeah its the echobridgge intro it also even showes the message "the opinions and comments in this film yadayadayada are not the ones of the echobridge companny"

damm it liongate i could let this go if you hadent donne the cover of my disc boring, its around the gray of the quick reply box you know?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

70s_Goji wrote:I really need to watch this film. Here is my situation:

I was 15 or so when it was released, did NOT like the angry/fat thighs Godzilla, and was thinking "W-T-F?" when I saw the posters that supposedly showed Goji battling a 'huge flower'. Sigh. I have since grown and developed as a person, (hopefully lol) so now is the time, but....

Need convincing of what? Do you like Godzilla movies? Then why not give this one whirl? It's a fan favorite for a reason.

I've never understood this weird selective behavior that some G-fans have. There are 28 Japanese Godzilla. Why limit yourself? Why not check them all out?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

Goji wrote:
70s_Goji wrote:I really need to watch this film. Here is my situation:

Need convincing of what? Do you like Godzilla movies? Then why not give this one whirl? It's a fan favorite for a reason.

I've never understood this weird selective behavior that some G-fans have. There are 28 Japanese Godzilla. Why limit yourself? Why not check them all out?
Nothing "weird" about it, really. Its a generational thing, as far as I'm concerned. See, I grew up with the Showa stuff, and always found the 90s stuff ('dark', 'brooding', ooooohhhhh...) rather lame, at the time. There are still a couple I need to see, post-70s.

In time, in time.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

70s_Goji wrote: ('dark', 'brooding', ooooohhhhh...)
BOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

Space Hunter M wrote:
http://33.media.tumblr.com/f9f92210b261 ... o1_400.gif
^ ?

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

70s_Goji wrote:
Space Hunter M wrote:
http://33.media.tumblr.com/f9f92210b261 ... o1_400.gif
^ ?