GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Just curious, is there anyway Lionsgate can release GvB as part of their "Vestron Video" series?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

MikeSTZillak wrote:Just curious, is there anyway Lionsgate can release GvB as part of their "Vestron Video" series?
I don't think that would happen, as there's rumours going around that Vestron Video series has ended.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:Just curious, is there anyway Lionsgate can release GvB as part of their "Vestron Video" series?
I don't think that would happen, as there's rumours going around that Vestron Video series has ended.
Really? That's a shame.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
Really? That's a shame.
Lionsgate, they own the name Vestron, are cutting back on physical media. The guy that's in charge of the label said that he's been in contact with the company and hasn't got anything back from them. That was back in March.

Also the company, Red Shirt Pictures have said that they're still working extra features for some upcoming releases from Vestron. So I'm not sure On what's happening with the label.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Does anyone here have a copy of an Echo Bridge Godzilla vs. Biollante Blu-ray both wrapped and sealed and in excellent condition (or reasonably close) that they can sell me? The prices on eBay are just too outrageous for me.

I'm willing to pay at least $50.00 for it, however, I'll go for $20.00 if need be. Please send me a PM with your snail mail address if you can help me. My e-mail address is chomanbonlar@msn.com.

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm really confused as to how it got so expensive. I literally bought it out of the bargain bin for like $12.00.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Wondering the same thing......Ive seen some crazy ass prices. The dvd is going for a 100 smackers....why? Shiit, I have three.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Idk why it's so hard to find, I've seen it countless times being sold secondhand for $7 or less. Maybe i'll buy a few copies and cash in on the demand for it

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

I never actually seen a physical copy of it here in Canada. Really, no Blu-rays of any Godzilla films.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

It's quite simple. It's been OOP for years. OOP=goes for more money, but you guys already knew that.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Goji wrote:It's quite simple. It's been OOP for years. OOP=goes for more money, but you guys already knew that.
I mean, yeah, but for years it was the easiest DVD/Blu Ray to find. Hell, I bet if I take a ride over to FYE right now I can find a half-dozen copies.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Goji wrote:It's quite simple. It's been OOP for years. OOP=goes for more money, but you guys already knew that.
I mean, yeah, but for years it was the easiest DVD/Blu Ray to find. Hell, I bet if I take a ride over to FYE right now I can find a half-dozen copies.
I doubt it as a lot of Godzilla movies are now getting harder to find.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm def gonna have to grab some used copies that always seem to be floating around my suncoast. Can easily turn $5 into $25 on this release

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Godzillian wrote:I'm def gonna have to grab some used copies that always seem to be floating around my suncoast. Can easily turn $5 into $25 on this release
I really should do the same. These apparently "rare" Godzilla DVDs are still very easy to find and bargain cheap around here.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Or, you could help out fellow G fans (like mikelcho above) and offer to help him get a copy for a reasonable price (maybe cost+shipping+a few bucks for your time) so he doesn’t have to resort to exorbitant eBay prices when there are clearly plenty still available at or below retail.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

canofhumdingers wrote:Or, you could help out fellow G fans (like mikelcho above) and offer to help him get a copy for a reasonable price (maybe cost+shipping+a few bucks for your time) so he doesn’t have to resort to exorbitant eBay prices when there are clearly plenty still available at or below retail.
Yeah, seriously. Do some good and help lower the market price for these. Don't be scalpers.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:Or, you could help out fellow G fans (like mikelcho above) and offer to help him get a copy for a reasonable price (maybe cost+shipping+a few bucks for your time) so he doesn’t have to resort to exorbitant eBay prices when there are clearly plenty still available at or below retail.
Yeah, seriously. Do some good and help lower the market price for these. Don't be scalpers.
Literally nothing wrong with buying a cheap copy to resell at a reasonable higher cost. We're talking about $20-$25, not $40+.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Yeah, that's not too bad for an OOP disc. Besides, better to have them available to fans online at a somewhat higher price than sitting around a store at bargain-bin prices not being bought.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Godzillian wrote:I'm def gonna have to grab some used copies that always seem to be floating around my suncoast. Can easily turn $5 into $25 on this release
Whoa, you have a suncoast too? I thought they’d all been replaced with FYE
GO GO GOJI KUN

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Maybe in your experience, but I haven't seen this disc in retail since 2012; not that there are even many places left here in MD that would carry it, anyway.

If I were you, I'd be a good samaritan and pick up a Blu-Ray copy for Mikelcho, if you really just have them sitting around in "bins" in your neck of the woods.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.