Toho and Godzilla Music Streaming on Alexa/Amazon Music

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Jet Faguar
Ronin

Re: Toho and Godzilla Music Streaming on Alexa/Amazon Music

Post by Jet Faguar »

Yeah it's either down to either taking a break in between eras or a focus on the classic era only. A few of the Return of Godzilla tracks and beyond are available, albeit only on Apple Music via the Crescendo Records compilation release of the Heisei era.

Need subs? Click here.

Jet Faguar
Ronin

Post by Jet Faguar »

Return of Godzilla is being released midnight tonight in your region.
Already on Apple Music NZ.

Need subs? Click here.

gomezm6
Ronin

Post by gomezm6 »

It looks like they may have a week or two between the different periods based on the week between finishing the Showa and the beginning of the Heisei. I am extremely excited since I can finally finishing my Heisei soundtrack collection (was missing Return of Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Mothra, and Godzilla vs. Destroyah), and while I am not a big fan of Takayuki Hattori's SpaceGodzilla soundtrack, I am a fan of the Echoes of Love song from the soundtrack, and glad to finally being able to download it.
We will see on Friday, but I am wondering if they will release both the stereo and mono versions of Godzilla vs. Biollante (they have already did the same with King Kong vs. Godzilla), and hopefully so, so we have access to the updated Akira Ifukube tracks used for the film, since I only have the 10-track original version.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

It seems like they’re dropping every other week now? Hopefully? Biollante isn’t up to my knowledge so I guess it’ll be out next week since G’84 took that long.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Well, so far I haven’t been able to find any more releases on Spotify past G’84. I’m very happy they at least got to that film, but I was sure hoping to get at least thru the Heisei series. Of course ideally they’d put out all the soundtracks thru the millennium series and beyond.

Anyone else have better luck on other platforms?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:17 am Well, so far I haven’t been able to find any more releases on Spotify past G’84. I’m very happy they at least got to that film, but I was sure hoping to get at least thru the Heisei series. Of course ideally they’d put out all the soundtracks thru the millennium series and beyond.

Anyone else have better luck on other platforms?
Youtube is generally your best bet.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

YouTube is a PITA for listening to music in my experience. But you are right that you can often find it there if you can’t find it anywhere else.

The Calico
Ronin

Post by The Calico »

This is only somewhat related, since streaming services don't seem to have the bonus tracks from Toho Music's physical CDs. I couldn't find a list online of the classical music excerpts, so I figured I'd share here in case anyone else is interested.

"The Mysterians" features 'Hungarian March' from 'The Damnation of Faust' (composed by Hector Berlioz).

"The Mysterians" also features 'Lonely Wanderer' from 'Lyric Pieces, Book 3' (composed by Edvard Grieg).

"The Secret of the Telegian" features 'Over the Waves' (composed by Juventino Rosas).

"Gorath" [soundtrack released by Cinema-Kan] features a koto medley of 'Lion of Eight Thousand Years' (composed by Kengyo Fujinaga) and 'Disturbance' (composed by Kengyo Yatsuhashi).

"Monster Zero" features 'Russian Songs' (composed by Pablo de Sarasate).

"Monster Zero" also features 'Tambourin' from 'Suite in E Minor' (composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau).

"Godzilla vs. Destoroyah" features 'Nocturne No. 2 in Eb Major' (composed by Frédéric Chopin).

"Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S." features 'Dance of the Blessed Spirits' from 'Orpheus and Eurydice' (composed by Christoph Willibald Gluck).

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

The Calico wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:40 am "Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S." features 'Dance of the Blessed Spirits' from 'Orpheus and Eurydice' (composed by Christoph Willibald Gluck).
OMG, so that BGM piece actually was a classical composition after all? I've always wondered if it was Oshima's original work or not. There's no mention of the piece's real name or composer on the booklet of the Perfect Collection release. Thank you for bringing this up! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

The Calico
Ronin

Post by The Calico »

Thanks, glad to see that you found the Tokyo S.O.S. tidbit interesting! I happened to be listening to Gluck's music and realized that it sounded familiar.

Hoping that one day someone will be able to identify the composer of the 'Radio Music' classical source cue from Godzilla '54.

The Calico
Ronin

Post by The Calico »

Just posted this in the Showa Board, but I'd figure I would share it in this thread, too. BSX recently has released Bukimisha's a capella versions of Ifukube's music for "Godzilla" and "Rodan." The album is available as a CD and digital download, featuring the extended 'Ship Music' plus the unused 'Cemetery' cues from G'54. More information here: https://buysoundtrax.myshopify. com/products/bukimisha-godzilla-vs-rodan-the-spiritual-voices-of-akira-ifukube-1

I saw this release on the Godzilla Monster Music web site. It's been a while since I've last visited, but I'm happy to see that it's still being updated.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

The Calico wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:40 am "Monster Zero" features 'Russian Songs' (composed by Pablo de Sarasate).
I just found out that this is not the correct composition. The real one is the third part of "Zigeunerweisen":
Last edited by G-Matt on Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You