Eureka to Release Mothra '61

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Eureka to Release Mothra '61

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Eureka's website ships to the US, and reasonably quickly too. I can see why you'd be reluctant to invest in a region-free Blu-ray player for one disc, though.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I think it just recently went out of stock. I had looked at it about a month ago and it was still selling, but today it says its out. Shucks. I didn't have a region free player anyways but shucks still.
He Jock it Made of Steel

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

They'll probably be releasing a standard edition minus the box/poster/book soon. Their Police Story and Project A releases both had limited editions that are no longer available, but now have standard editions at a lower price.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

omgitsgodzilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:00 pm Eureka's website ships to the US, and reasonably quickly too. I can see why you'd be reluctant to invest in a region-free Blu-ray player for one disc, though.
Yeah, the price point for what's essentially a minor upgrade to a movie I just bought a premium edition of two years ago is already looking steep, having to add the price of a new player on top of that just makes it a splurge I can't really afford - especially seeing how I just bought the Arrow Gamera Showa collection, the new King Kong 76 blu-ray, and pre-ordered the next 3 Ultramen releases (it was my birthday recently). Unless it's something stupid cheap, my kaiju film collection might have to go some months before expanding again.

Added in 3 minutes 23 seconds:
omgitsgodzilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 pm They'll probably be releasing a standard edition minus the box/poster/book soon. Their Police Story and Project A releases both had limited editions that are no longer available, but now have standard editions at a lower price.
While the physical extras are always nice and pretty, these are film purchases first and foremost, as long as the discs are the same (hd quality, special features, etc) a standard edition down the road could become affordable-ish (would still have to take in the cost of a player if it remains region B locked).
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I hope it gets rereleased and don’t really mind the lack of physical content. How good was the physical content anyways? This was the one that said a picture of Tsuburaya was Honda right?
He Jock it Made of Steel

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am This was the one that said a picture of Tsuburaya was Honda right?
No, that was on the Honda double feature release with The H-Man and BIOS.

With that said, I'd say the "premium" edition of Mothra was worth it for the poster alone.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

G-Matt wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am This was the one that said a picture of Tsuburaya was Honda right?
No, that was on the Honda double feature release with The H-Man and BIOS.
And while that was a boneheaded error, the booklet is still a great bonus. Ditto the one with Mothra.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

I skipped this release, I already have the mill creek set, not really interested in the extra commentaries