Mill Creek H-Man/Battle In Outer Space double feature Blu!

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Mill Creek H-Man/Battle In Outer Space double feature Blu!

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Coming June 9, 2020

I'd wait for the full specs to be announced before getting in a tizzy about cuts are included/omitted...

UltramanGoji

Re: Mill Creek H-Man/Battle In Outer Space double feature Blu!

Post by UltramanGoji »

No thanks. Mill Creek will provide the bare basics and I can probably get much better via torrenting or just by keeping my Sony discs.

Shokara
Yojimbo

Post by Shokara »

Well, if their Blu-ray of Mothra is anything to go by, hopefully both the Japanese and American version prints of both movies will be included in this release. And yeah, I expect this to be almost bare bones except for Ed & Steve's commentary for Battle in Outer Space along with maybe some trailers. At the very least, I was wondering when The H-Man was finally going to get the Blu-ray treatment.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Nice. I was hoping the other two films from that 3 pack would get HD releases.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

These both apparently being on the same disc might be problematic, and probably rules out the US cut of H-Man being on there (BIOS shouldn't be an issue given the Japanese and US versions have the same runtime). At the very least, let's hope the subs for BIOS are new and aren't dubtitles like they were on the Icons of Sci-Fi set and that Blu-Ray from a few years back.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Looks like we're getting our wish! Each film on it's own disc with both US and Japanese cuts.
https://media.millcreekent.com/sell_sheets/63284.pdf
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Nice! Though I find it funny everyone seems to have forgotten all about the Sony Battle in Outer Space Blu-Ray from 2018.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I did forget, but then after I posted I thought, “wait, didn’t BiOS already hit Blu?” And went to look at my amazon wishlist and there it was! Lol. But that’s been deleted and replaced with this double feature. Glad I waited this time!

Shokara
Yojimbo

Post by Shokara »

Notice that the sell sheet says, "Contains both the American and Japanese edits for The H-Man." This seems to imply that Battle in Outer Space will use only one print of the film with two audio tracks like Sony's made-on-demand Blu-ray instead of two prints for both the Japanese and American versions like on the Icons of Sci-Fi: Toho Collection DVD set.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'm not interested in owning these on Blu, but I am happy they are getting Blu Ray releases like Mothra. That release must have worked well enough for Mill Creek.

I like that they've carved out a nice little Kaiju/Japanese sci-fi niche for themselves between this, Mothra, and Ultraman.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Very excited about this release. H-Man is one of my favorite Toho sci-fi films, and it's been a good while since I've seen it. I also like the vintage look of the packaging, what with the classic American poster art and all.

I did fire off an email to Mill Creek telling them that the subtitle track Sony presumably provided is inaccurate.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Hopefully this will be an upgrade in quality from the DVD set. I'll probably buy this if only to encourage more tokusatsu releases (provided they're handled well).

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

canofhumdingers wrote:I did forget, but then after I posted I thought, “wait, didn’t BiOS already hit Blu?” And went to look at my amazon wishlist and there it was! Lol. But that’s been deleted and replaced with this double feature. Glad I waited this time!
Ditto!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Nice! Though I find it funny everyone seems to have forgotten all about the Sony Battle in Outer Space Blu-Ray from 2018.
It should be mentioned though that the previous release was just the English version on bd-25 put out by Sony in their made on demand like essentially. Which hoenstly wasn't a bad release as the print looks really good in my opinion. And had the commentary track along, though nothing much else aside from a Japanese track that was edited to match the English edit. Don't regret my purchase of it personally. Though it was odd they released it that way as it had been released in Germany sourcing the Colombia/Sony prints for their bluray that had both versions a few years back.

Very excited for this release as it wouldve been nice to finally have a version of H-Man on bluray. Even though the original listing made it seem that it was just the American cut. But I really am loving how Mill Creek has becoming the go to company for quality and beyond affordable Tokusatsu releases. Just glad this one isn't in a steelbook case. Curious if they try to add more stuff lile they did for Mothra.

Would love to see them get even more non Toho Sony owned monster movies. Like for instance the Claw would be a fun add to the format. Since it too was apparently released in Germany using the Sony print a few years back too from what I read.
Last edited by G-MAN on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just looked at the Sci-Fi Japan article on this Blu-ray's press release and it said both films will be Japanese versions with subtitles/American dubbed versions combinations.

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

Im guessing BiOS will be the same disc as Sony released in 2018. Just my opinion.

A Sony Blu-ray of The Giant Claw would be awesome (in response to the post above who called it *The Claw* :)
Cheers !

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Godsteigman wrote:Im guessing BiOS will be the same disc as Sony released in 2018. Just my opinion.
Seems unlikely since that was a different distributor.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Yeah, Mill Creek doesn't generally just completely replicate existing discs as far as I know.

Anyway, someone sent me a .srt of the corrected BiOS subs that were apparently on later pressings of the Icons DVD set. I've sent them to Mill Creek directly; they've seen the message, but no reply. I'm also trying to get in touch with Keith Aiken and see if he could pass them along to his contacts there, or otherwise confirm whether the correct subtitle script was among the materials MC got from Sony.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Terasawa wrote:
Godsteigman wrote:Im guessing BiOS will be the same disc as Sony released in 2018. Just my opinion.
Seems unlikely since that was a different distributor.
They've done it before I believe with the Anime Metropolis steelbook. But they added the dvd that had the extras. Not sure if they tweaked the image much. But I don't see them reusing the BiOS disc as it only had one version.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Sweet. I don't have either in my film library, so that will fill a "hole" for me...