Official Godzilla/Tokusatsu 35mm/16mm Print Watchlist Thread

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Servanov
Samurai

Official Godzilla/Tokusatsu 35mm/16mm Print Watchlist Thread

Postby Servanov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:40 am

Hey everyone! I didn't see a thread like this, so I decided I'd make one. This thread is basically for the analog film movie collectors who are interested in buying 35mm or 16mm prints of Godzilla, Toho, Kaiju, Tokusatsu, or monster movies, and letting people who are interested know if any film prints are available that you've found on eBay or the like. This also includes trailers for films, as well.

So far I've found a 16mm print of Godzilla vs The Thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-Vs-The-Thing-1964-16MM-Horror-Film-Feature/132703590807?hash=item1ee5c01997%3Ag%3AY%7E4AAOSw5HBbSlOW&_nkw=godzilla+16mm&rt=nc

If you ever see a print for sale, let the people know on this thread!
Last edited by Servanov on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph Goodman
Samurai

Re: Official Godzilla/Tokusatsu 35mm/16mm Print Watchlist Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:30 am

Those auctions are by a notorious scammer in film collecting circles, Naushad Mohamed:

From http://www.35mmforum.com:

As a service to anyone who's relatively new to collecting, I just want to warn you about an infamous film seller who operates from South Africa. He's currently back on eBay (as seller "video786") offering, among other things, a 35mm trailer to Dario Argento's BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE for $50 Buy It Now. It says free postage, but if you read the description, you'll see that the postage is not free at all. Please note that this individual is NOT TO BE TRUSTED: not with his descriptions, nor with his shipping, nor with anything else. Many members of this forum were majorly ripped off by this piece of poop. He'll smooth-talk you, befriend you, make you feel favored, offer you access to lotsa cool rare stuff, and then when he has your trust (and your money) he will more often than not screw you over, either sending vastly inferior prints/trailers, or not sending anything at all, coming up with LIE after LIE after LIE. I doubt anyone here wants to dredge up their past misadventures w/ Naushad in detail, as it was a most painful experience for many, but mark my words: You do NOT want to deal with this guy. He is a liar. DON'T GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION-- you will be RIPPED OFF!!!

Servanov
Samurai

Re: Official Godzilla/Tokusatsu 35mm/16mm Print Watchlist Thread

Postby Servanov » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:28 am

Oh, I didn't realize this. Thank you for letting me know. I'll be sure to take these links down, but the thread itself is still open in case an authentic print is sold.

Return to “Toho Media”