Any available DVDs of Godzilla films in the UK?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Any available DVDs of Godzilla films in the UK?

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Just a curious little topic I want to let out.

Aside from the 1998 & 2014 American reboots, I've seen a DVD copy of the first '54 Godzilla film in HMV. As for any others, I dunno.

If anyone else here who lives in the UK like I do have spotted anything of the sort, let alone own one, then please feel free to express in the comments below. Not that I'm asking for anything, just wondering. That's all for now.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Any available DVDs of Godzilla films in the UK?

Post by Terasawa »

The American versions ofKing Kong vs. Godzilla and King Kong Escapes are available on R2 from Universal. The Mysterians was released by someone, maybe BFI?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Godzilla '54 was released by BFI.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Terasawa wrote:The American versions ofKing Kong vs. Godzilla and King Kong Escapes are available on R2 from Universal. The Mysterians was released by someone, maybe BFI?
You're correct. The Mysterians was released by BFI, who also released G54. KKvsG and KKE, by the way, are soon coming out on Blu-ray in the UK as well, being the first Japanese kaiju movies to get a UK release on that format.
Last edited by G-Matt on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

When Brazil has more Godzilla DVD's than your country, you know that they simply don't give a ****. It would be less surprising if their weren't nearly nearly 30 Japanese films. It's kinda strange, considering how many Godzilla releases made it out on VHS in the UK.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

useless hero
Young Farmer

Post by useless hero »

I picked up King Kong Vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes from HMV on Blu Ray for £8 each.
Not sure when they got released, but I'm presuming it must have been fairly recently.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

useless hero wrote:I picked up King Kong Vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes from HMV on Blu Ray for £8 each.
Not sure when they got released, but I'm presuming it must have been fairly recently.
They were released in February, so that answers your assumption.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You