New WB Godzilla Blu-ray

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

New WB Godzilla Blu-ray

Post by Tohosaurus »

Not sure where to drop this, but it seems today another version of Legendary's Godzilla went on sale (specified as "Monster Mayhem"). Don't think there's new features but I thought I'd mention it since there's new artwork.

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Blu-ray ... 619&sr=1-2
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Re: New WB Godzilla Blu-ray

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Tohosaurus wrote:Not sure where to drop this, but it seems today another version of Legendary's Godzilla went on sale (specified as "Monster Mayhem"). Don't think there's new features but I thought I'd mention it since there's new artwork.

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Blu-ray ... 619&sr=1-2
I ordered the new king Kong Blu-ray from the same "Monster Mayhem" set and it was supposed to come out yesterday, but Amazon suddenly changed its release date to sometime in late February or early March, and that seems to be true of every retailer I've checked.

Looks like this one was pushed back a week.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Same bonus features listed, and they've got a lot of other titles in this 'Monster Mayhem series which recycle the same discs from their previous releases (including King Kong 33', Pacific Rim, Critters 1-4 DVD, etc.). Definitely will be the same disc with new packaging.

Added in 2 hours 46 minutes 20 seconds:
I saw this at Best-Buy today for $7.99 and picked it up. The only new thing is the slipcover, otherwise it is the same as the previously released set. In fact, even despite being advertised as a single disc set, it still included the DVD and digital copy with it.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Is the transfer any better?

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I would assume it's still the same.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Damn it

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Warner almost never releases remastered discs, whenever they add something new it's typically just a bonus disc tossed in with the same disc they already released. We're, most likely, going to have the same disc for many years to come, unless they release a 4K UHD disc in the future.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Can anyone confirm if there's any digital version available that sports the correct color grading?

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

No commercially available ones I'm aware of, but I'd certainly be interested if anyone knew of a 2D rip of the 3D Blu-ray, which has the brightness set higher than the 2D Blu-ray.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

LockBite wrote:Can anyone confirm if there's any digital version available that sports the correct color grading?
I just recently redeemed my code for the digital copy on the original Blu-ray and it sure looks a tiny bit brighter than the disc. However, it's definitely still too dark.

However, the audio mix didn't crackle loudly at certain points like the Blu-ray has done every time I watched it (though I have not watched it on my new PS4 yet, it did it on two different TVs) so it's an improvement on that score.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Bit off-topic, but it's from the same line so whatever, anyone seen the Monster Mayhem Kong 33 release in stores?

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

UltramanGoji wrote:Bit off-topic, but it's from the same line so whatever, anyone seen the Monster Mayhem Kong 33 release in stores?
I picked up my copy in store at Best Buy, though I paid for it online and then picked it up at the customer service desk rather than just finding it on the shelf.

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

I think King Kong 1933 Monster Mayhem edition was a Best Buy exclusive for a month of two. I could only find it at Best Buy, but at $10 it was impossible to pass up. The booklet style-release was always $20 and I had the DVD, so it was hard to justify the upgrade.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Didn't see it at BestBuy yesterday, unfortunately. I hope it sees a wider release soon.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Fingers crossed that they'll get around to a 4K Blu Ray release of Godzilla with a proper/much improved transfer.

I pretty much nuked my entire DVD/Blu Ray collection down to Star Wars, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Avatar, Pacific Rim, Middle-Earth..and the various entries in those franchises. So I'm planning to start making the transition into the world of 4K TV and 4K around the end of the year(Whenever the Xbox Scorpio comes out)....

Pacific Rim will probably be the first 4K disc I buy, in preparation, and from there I'll just re-buy as more of my movies become available in the format.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."