King Kong vs godzilla 4k

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: King Kong vs godzilla 4k

Post by Legion1979 »

But sadly, it's very likely that's what's going to happen to a lot of these movies. And I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would LOVE to get a copy of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA in 4K. :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I would LOVE to get a copy of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA in 4K. :huge:
Same! I really hope they release this soon! :D :D :D
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

I guess there hasnt been any word if this movie has been licensed by a a label - I can see Shout or Criterion releasing it if it should happen but I guess I wont be holding my breath ! :)

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

If I won the lottery, I'd pay for all of the films to get a 4K restoration...and for all of them to get new/accurate/quality English dubs from Funimation....and I'd do whatever it took to make sure they were all released Stateside.

But you know what they say 'wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one fills up first'
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Chrispy_G wrote: WB-Legendary would never give up their films. But with everything else it is just a rights issue. Since my dream scenario involves hiring them to do new, high quality English Dubs for every film....and since they already have Shin Godzilla...I'd try to get Funimation all of the rights.
Chrispy_G wrote: But Shin Godzilla is making money for Funimation, and they are the type of company that might see a value in these titles. Box sets, multi-film collections, the potential of giving every film a nice, new, high quality Funimation Dub, new transfers sourced from Toho's 4K restorations of(hopefully all of) their Godzilla films.
Chrispy_G wrote: The thought of Funimation creating new dubs for all of the films. Where we get an eye for accurate translation, or at least appropriate translation, of the dialogue...as well as performance/quality in the dub that is often very lacking in the international dubs.
Chrispy_G wrote: I'd be interested in ALL of the Godzilla films getting releases that are the original Japanese cuts, but with new US dubs that have a bit more in the 'accuracy' and 'quality' department.
Trust us, we know.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.