Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

Post by UltramanGoji »

I can't speak for the Millenium films but my bootleg rip of the GVMG74 Blu-Ray does feature the Okinawa stuff and the Mechagodzilla encyclopedia. Not sure on the "MG Theory", don't really know what that is.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

John Pannozzi wrote:I'm also aware that soundtrack CDs were included in some of the Millennium era films' DVD sets, and those unsurprisingly aren't carried over to the Blu-rays.
Megaguirus was the only Millennium movie which had the soundtrack included in the initial DVD box, which has been hard to come by for years.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

UltramanGoji wrote:I can't speak for the Millenium films but my bootleg rip of the GVMG74 Blu-Ray does feature the Okinawa stuff and the Mechagodzilla encyclopedia. Not sure on the "MG Theory", don't really know what that is.
I think it's what described on the DVD Compare entry for the Japanese GvMG74 DVD as a "Study on Mechagodzilla's design by Shin'ichirou Kobayashi"/
Friends don't lie.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So, what does Manufacture on Demand mean? I looked it up, and it sounds kind of bootleggy. Saw some Manufacture on Demand DVD’s for the Toho Scope Varan release on EBay for $15. Because of the price, I’m tempted to buy it, but I don’t know if I’m getting a bootleg. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KingKaiju wrote:So, what does Manufacture on Demand mean? I looked it up, and it sounds kind of bootleggy. Saw some Manufacture on Demand DVD’s for the Toho Scope Varan release on EBay for $15. Because of the price, I’m tempted to buy it, but I don’t know if I’m getting a bootleg. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
It’s a DVD-R likely made using the ISO files from the Tokyo Shock DVD. It’s in essence a bootleg copy of the disc but there’s not likely to be any discernible differences besides the type of disc. If you’re desperate for a copy and don’t care about the morality of owning a counterfeit product, it’s a decent way to stock up on old releases.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:So, what does Manufacture on Demand mean? I looked it up, and it sounds kind of bootleggy. Saw some Manufacture on Demand DVD’s for the Toho Scope Varan release on EBay for $15. Because of the price, I’m tempted to buy it, but I don’t know if I’m getting a bootleg. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
It’s a DVD-R likely made using the ISO files from the Tokyo Shock DVD. It’s in essence a bootleg copy of the disc but there’s not likely to be any discernible differences besides the type of disc. If you’re desperate for a copy and don’t care about the morality of owning a counterfeit product, it’s a decent way to stock up on old releases.
Sounds good to me! Thanks!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Just to be clear, "Manufacture on Demand" doesn't necessarily mean the disc is a bootleg. Some labels, like WB's Warner Archive, have taken to doing this for catalog titles, but I don't think Media Blasters would be doing anything of that sort. (Although, with them, who the hell really knows?) Those are probably unauthorized copies.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote:Just to be clear, "Manufacture on Demand" doesn't necessarily mean the disc is a bootleg. Some labels, like WB's Warner Archive, have taken to doing this for catalog titles, but I don't think Media Blasters would be doing anything of that sort. (Although, with them, who the hell really knows?) Those are probably unauthorized copies.
I found the listing in question and it's definitely not MB doing it. It even calls Varan a "public domain" movie.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

It came in the mail. Movie works fine, quality is fine. I just need to get a blank DVD cover and print out the picture. The other side of the disk is just plain white.

Last edited by KingKaiju on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Is there a streaming guide to Toho's movies? I feel like that would be really helpful right now.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

There’s this thread, but it could stand an update.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

BabyG1975
Ronin

Post by BabyG1975 »

Did "Age Video" release "Godzilla vs. Megalon" in 2003? If so what does it look like? And can somebody send me a link to it? Toho Kingdom has it under a DVD so my guess is it's a DVD.
"Listen kid... Theirs two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other Godzilla"- Captain Gordon Godzilla Final Wars

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

EDIT: Nevermind
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Question about the foreign Blu-rays of King Kong (1976) released by or in association with Studio Canal.

According to DVD Compare, most Blu-ray releases of it only have 13:50 worth of Deleted Scenes, but the German release apparently has 16:30 instead. What is the difference? Does the German release have more deleted scenes than the other releases? Or is this a mistake?
Friends don't lie.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

Are there any streaming services with the Heisei and/or Millennium Godzilla films available?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Shadd21 wrote:Are there any streaming services with the Heisei and/or Millennium Godzilla films available?
for free? I don't think so, but I know they are all available for purchase on Amazon & Vudu, perhaps other sites. (Except RoG & Biollante...not sure those are on any Streaming Platform)...But all the Sony BRD's came with free digital copies, so that's how I got mine. Although I think something is off...My ROM 3 only has subs, no dub, although, it could be something weird with VUDU's settings... Which is why I am glad I have the physical BRD. Streaming is convenient, but can never replace the reliability of pulling a disc off a shelf where you know it will never randomly disappear.

Also it makes it hard to keep a streaming list updated, as Terasawa pointed out, the current one is completely outdated, and even if we made one based on all options TODAY, in a year, it would probably change quite a bit as well.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

I use justwatch.com
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Gojira69
Yojimbo

Post by Gojira69 »

Does anyone know of a fan reconstruction of a HD fan reconstruction of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster available online?

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Gojira69 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 pm Does anyone know of a fan reconstruction of a HD fan reconstruction of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster available online?
*ahem*
Points to signature
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Gojira69
Yojimbo

Post by Gojira69 »

goji1986 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:55 pm
Gojira69 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 pm Does anyone know of a fan reconstruction of a HD fan reconstruction of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster available online?
*ahem*
Points to signature
i sent you a message but it just sits in my outbox?!