Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 am

Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:lol 50% off Amazon doesn't do any good when it has $6 shipping and $2 in taxes.

Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class


I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such shitty service.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11817
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby miguelnuva » Sun May 26, 2019 2:11 am

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:lol 50% off Amazon doesn't do any good when it has $6 shipping and $2 in taxes.

Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class


I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such shitty service.


Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's shitty about it?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby G1985 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class


I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such ****** service.


Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's ****** about it?


Prime is convenient, but IMO it's hardly a bargain. You have to buy multiple items on Amazon each month, every month *and* can find enough things to watch on their streaming service or the saving don't add up. Well, except for that one time I ordered four McPherson struts for my car (2+ feet tall and 20+ lbs each) and still got free two-day shipping on all of them - now THAT was worth the Prime fee that year.

I've got a Wal-Mart a stone's throw from my workplace. I'll bet if I compare a year's worth of Wal-Mart purchases with Amazon's prices *making sure to roll in their annual fee*, I'll find that I didn't lose anything by shopping brick-and-mortar.

goji1986
Interpol Agent
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby goji1986 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:42 am

When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction in progress!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sun May 26, 2019 6:31 am

miguelnuva wrote:Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's shitty about it?


Student email is how I got Prime in the first place.

What's so shitty about it?

- Most of the products I buy stopped being available on Amazon for preorder, so I had to go somewhere else to get them and pay shipping. I might as well save myself the $120 from Amazon and use that for the shipping costs from places like Rightstuf, BBTS, and Instock Trades.

- Amazon's discounts on Marvel and DC Omnibuses is pitiful compared to sites like Tales of Wonder and Instock Trades. Amazon right now as a newly released Spider-Man Omnibus for $112 whereas IST has it for $65.

- Amazon stopped shipping items with packing material. I had to have them replace my Batman Brave and the Bold Bronze Age Omnibus three times before I got one that was adequate enough to be worthy of the cost I paid. One of their customer service agents even told me there was nothing they could do to ensure the book was shipped with packing material, so I should just stop trying to get it replaced.

- Their shipping service sucks. More often than not their drivers would just drop my package at my door and not even knock. However, I was standing on my balcony one day and watched a driver take one foot out of his car and toss my package at my door and then drive off. They've also delivered my packages to the wrong apartment. Oh, and they've shipped me damaged products before.

Here's a video I made on a Simpsons DVD I received broken:

- Their customer service agents have made promises they could not keep and then another agent said that person didn't have the authority to promise me that.

- Despite having Prime, I had to pay a separate cost just to watch BritBox.
-
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun May 26, 2019 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am

goji1986 wrote:When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.


This! And then add the fact that my job requires a LOT of travel and it takes a minimum 30mins to drive to any brick and mortar stores from my house. $10 a month is an absolute pittance for the amount of time and stress we (especially my wife at home with the kids alone) save using prime.

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sun May 26, 2019 1:32 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:
goji1986 wrote:When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.


This! And then add the fact that my job requires a LOT of travel and it takes a minimum 30mins to drive to any brick and mortar stores from my house. $10 a month is an absolute pittance for the amount of time and stress we (especially my wife at home with the kids alone) save using prime.


I'd rather pay $10 in shipping on one item to NOT have to buy it from Amazon. Plus, you say $10 a month for Amazon, and that's great if they are the ONLY thing you pay for, but when you add Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc into the mix, it's more than just $10.

As for Mothra, I might as well just buy it from someone who is selling it for $22 but will ship it out securely and uses competent delivery services than get it from Amazon.

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun May 26, 2019 3:28 pm

What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11817
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby miguelnuva » Sun May 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:
goji1986 wrote:When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.


This! And then add the fact that my job requires a LOT of travel and it takes a minimum 30mins to drive to any brick and mortar stores from my house. $10 a month is an absolute pittance for the amount of time and stress we (especially my wife at home with the kids alone) save using prime.


I'd rather pay $10 in shipping on one item to NOT have to buy it from Amazon. Plus, you say $10 a month for Amazon, and that's great if they are the ONLY thing you pay for, but when you add Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc into the mix, it's more than just $10.

As for Mothra, I might as well just buy it from someone who is selling it for $22 but will ship it out securely and uses competent delivery services than get it from Amazon.


I understand not liking Amazon but how is you paying for other services there problem?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 am

canofhumdingers wrote:What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.


o_O

You do know every store in existence sells toilet paper and paper towels, right?

Unless you live in the middle of bumfuckmysisternowhere, I don't see any reason to order anything from Amazon that you can't just buy from a local grocery store.

Their drivers can't even properly deliver a BD or book, I can only imagine how retarded they are when it comes to delivering food.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11817
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby miguelnuva » Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 am

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.


o_O

You do know every store in existence sells toilet paper and paper towels, right?

Unless you live in the middle of bumfuckmysisternowhere, I don't see any reason to order anything from Amazon that you can't just buy from a local grocery store.

Their drivers can't even properly deliver a BD or book, I can only imagine how retarded they are when it comes to delivering food.


Your Amazon delivers just suck.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon May 27, 2019 9:00 am

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.


o_O

You do know every store in existence sells toilet paper and paper towels, right?

Unless you live in the middle of bumfuckmysisternowhere, I don't see any reason to order anything from Amazon that you can't just buy from a local grocery store.

Their drivers can't even properly deliver a BD or book, I can only imagine how retarded they are when it comes to delivering food.


Why do I even bother? Did you even read my post? Yeah, I order tons of household goods FOR CONVENIENCE. I have YOUNG CHILDREN and it is an ENORMOUS HASSLE to take them to the store. Having stuff delivered to my front porch is a million times easier and less stressful than loading the kids up and trekking out to target or the grocery store with them. Plus, as I mentioned, I travel a ton for my job so having stuff delivered takes a huge stress off my wife when I’m gone.

Also, I live in huge sprawling suburbia. It takes half an hour just to get to the nearest stores. By the time you load up the kids, drive somewhere, run in and grab just the essentials, and get back you’ve spent a minimum of an hour and a half. Any kind of *real* shopping trip is more like a 3 hour minimum. My time is more valuable and I’d rather spend it doing something more worthwhile with my kids than carting them around shopping centers. I’m sorry you can’t understand it, but for some people, amazon prime (and similar services) are fantastic.

So... Mothra should look epic. I saw the DCP Sony made in a theater several years ago and it was glorious!

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm

I did have more responding to your comments about your kids, but deleted it as it came out a tad meaner than I meant for it to sound.

User avatar
omgitsgodzilla
EDF Soldier
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Soviet Nuclear Missile Satellite

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 am

Kaiju no Kami wrote:I did have more responding to your comments about your kids, but deleted it as it came out a tad meaner than I meant for it to sound.

They'll find alien life, Amelia Earhart and the spider pit sequence before they find the point of letting him know you were gonna be a dick about his kids instead of just dropping it and not saying anything like a normal person.

Anyway, Mothra. Steelbook packaging looks good. I always liked the looks of the Sony/Columbia transfers; I'm excited to see them in HD.
RED MENACE
Tumblr YouTube Patreon

Latest project: Godzilla 1985 35mm hybrid reconstruction
Current project: Stay tuned for details

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES

User avatar
Great Hierophant
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Great Hierophant » Tue May 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.

User avatar
Space Hunter M
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2851
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:47 am
Location: party city Butt
Contact:

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Space Hunter M » Tue May 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Great Hierophant wrote:Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.

Nope. The Anolis DVD/BD (actually where the footage in my video is from lmao) also contains the error.
TK's only diehard RMA King Arthur series historian
"All you did was download the ROMs anyway! You can hardly call yourself a real fan!"

I THINK IT STINKS!
SuperMonsterZero wrote:Mire Goji. That must be the Godzilla from the Italian Dogora poster.

ImageImageImage
"Follow the light. The light is your guide."
"Cherenkov light?"

ก็อตซิลลา
哥吉拉


Follow me on the tumblebox

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2053
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Terasawa » Wed May 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Great Hierophant wrote:Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.


Neither am I, and as SHM pointed out, other HD releases of this transfer still have those problems. Unfortunately there are a few synchronization problems with the U.S. version too.

Video.
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed May 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Hmm, I feel like I noticed those errors last time I watched the dvd but it’s been a long time so I had forgotten them. I can’t for the life of me remember if they were present at the DCP screening I saw at the Alamo Drafthouse several years ago.

But, if the errors are present in the BD, they seem rather minor. I’m sure someone with a bit of video editing know-how could fix them pretty easily, no?

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Pkmatrix » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Just got an email that my copy of the BD will arrive on July 9! :D

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 pm



Return to “Toho Media”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests