miguelnuva wrote:Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's shitty about it?
Student email is how I got Prime in the first place.
What's so shitty about it?
- Most of the products I buy stopped being available on Amazon for preorder, so I had to go somewhere else to get them and pay shipping. I might as well save myself the $120 from Amazon and use that for the shipping costs from places like Rightstuf, BBTS, and Instock Trades.
- Amazon's discounts on Marvel and DC Omnibuses is pitiful compared to sites like Tales of Wonder and Instock Trades. Amazon right now as a newly released Spider-Man Omnibus for $112 whereas IST has it for $65.
- Amazon stopped shipping items with packing material. I had to have them replace my Batman Brave and the Bold Bronze Age Omnibus three times before I got one that was adequate enough to be worthy of the cost I paid. One of their customer service agents even told me there was nothing they could do to ensure the book was shipped with packing material, so I should just stop trying to get it replaced.
- Their shipping service sucks. More often than not their drivers would just drop my package at my door and not even knock. However, I was standing on my balcony one day and watched a driver take one foot out of his car and toss my package at my door and then drive off. They've also delivered my packages to the wrong apartment. Oh, and they've shipped me damaged products before.
Here's a video I made on a Simpsons DVD I received broken:
- Their customer service agents have made promises they could not keep and then another agent said that person didn't have the authority to promise me that.
- Despite having Prime, I had to pay a separate cost just to watch BritBox.