Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Malchik
EDF Instructor

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Post by Malchik »

Maybe it wasn't until the nineties when it was polled that Mothra had the appeal of female audiences they decided on it being female.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So, I bought that Toho collection a few years back with Mothra, The H-Man, and Battle in Outter Space. Do I REALLY need to get this, if I already got that DVD?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

KingKaiju wrote:So, I bought that Toho collection a few years back with Mothra, The H-Man, and Battle in Outter Space. Do I REALLY need to get this, if I already got that DVD?
I can't say I'm an expert on subtitle accuracy or film quality, but I can say that as a collector, that steelbook is one of the sexiest looking things in my collection.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

It's mostly the same content as what's on the Mothra DVD in the Icons set, but in HD. If that makes a significant difference to you, go for it. It's certainly not a question of it being overpriced.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:It's mostly the same content as what's on the Mothra DVD in the Icons set, but in HD. If that makes a significant difference to you, go for it. It's certainly not a question of it being overpriced.
Plus if has the same great commentary but also a nice still gallery and some trailers that weren't featured on the DVD set. I would say it's worth it if just to future proof your set. As you will see a big uptick in quality over the DVD, even though that is still a nice set.

The Blu-ray release of Battle in Outer Space though might be harder to sell some people on as for whatever reason they only decided to put the English version of the bluray disc that at least does have the commentary still. But oddly enough they edited the Japanese track to fit the American edit. No idea how accurate the subs are though as I didn't even bother to check out that feature on the disc.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

KingKaiju wrote:So, I bought that Toho collection a few years back with Mothra, The H-Man, and Battle in Outter Space. Do I REALLY need to get this, if I already got that DVD?
I would get it. This is one of those things that is cheap now, but will be out of print years and impossible to get years from now.

I own both, fyi.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
I would get it. This is one of those things that is cheap now, but will be out of print years and impossible to get years from now.

I own both, fyi.
Good point. Maybe I'll grab me a copy while I can.