Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:lol 50% off Amazon doesn't do any good when it has $6 shipping and $2 in taxes.
Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class
I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such shitty service.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:lol 50% off Amazon doesn't do any good when it has $6 shipping and $2 in taxes.
Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class
I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such shitty service.
Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's shitty about it?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Maybe if you aren't a part of the Amazon prime master class
I'm not. I dropped Prime like an STD last month. They upped the price to $120 a year, which is outrageous for such ****** service.
Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's ****** about it?
Prime is convenient, but IMO it's hardly a bargain. You have to buy multiple items on Amazon each month, every month *and* can find enough things to watch on their streaming service or the saving don't add up. Well, except for that one time I ordered four McPherson struts for my car (2+ feet tall and 20+ lbs each) and still got free two-day shipping on all of them - now THAT was worth the Prime fee that year.

I've got a Wal-Mart a stone's throw from my workplace. I'll bet if I compare a year's worth of Wal-Mart purchases with Amazon's prices *making sure to roll in their annual fee*, I'll find that I didn't lose anything by shopping brick-and-mortar.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

miguelnuva wrote:Prime is 50 if you have a student email. Also what's shitty about it?
Student email is how I got Prime in the first place.

What's so shitty about it?

- Most of the products I buy stopped being available on Amazon for preorder, so I had to go somewhere else to get them and pay shipping. I might as well save myself the $120 from Amazon and use that for the shipping costs from places like Rightstuf, BBTS, and Instock Trades.

- Amazon's discounts on Marvel and DC Omnibuses is pitiful compared to sites like Tales of Wonder and Instock Trades. Amazon right now as a newly released Spider-Man Omnibus for $112 whereas IST has it for $65.

- Amazon stopped shipping items with packing material. I had to have them replace my Batman Brave and the Bold Bronze Age Omnibus three times before I got one that was adequate enough to be worthy of the cost I paid. One of their customer service agents even told me there was nothing they could do to ensure the book was shipped with packing material, so I should just stop trying to get it replaced.

- Their shipping service sucks. More often than not their drivers would just drop my package at my door and not even knock. However, I was standing on my balcony one day and watched a driver take one foot out of his car and toss my package at my door and then drive off. They've also delivered my packages to the wrong apartment. Oh, and they've shipped me damaged products before.

Here's a video I made on a Simpsons DVD I received broken:

- Their customer service agents have made promises they could not keep and then another agent said that person didn't have the authority to promise me that.

- Despite having Prime, I had to pay a separate cost just to watch BritBox.
-
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun May 26, 2019 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

goji1986 wrote:When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.
This! And then add the fact that my job requires a LOT of travel and it takes a minimum 30mins to drive to any brick and mortar stores from my house. $10 a month is an absolute pittance for the amount of time and stress we (especially my wife at home with the kids alone) save using prime.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

canofhumdingers wrote:
goji1986 wrote:When you’re married with kids and own a home, Prime is a godsend.
This! And then add the fact that my job requires a LOT of travel and it takes a minimum 30mins to drive to any brick and mortar stores from my house. $10 a month is an absolute pittance for the amount of time and stress we (especially my wife at home with the kids alone) save using prime.
I'd rather pay $10 in shipping on one item to NOT have to buy it from Amazon. Plus, you say $10 a month for Amazon, and that's great if they are the ONLY thing you pay for, but when you add Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc into the mix, it's more than just $10.

As for Mothra, I might as well just buy it from someone who is selling it for $22 but will ship it out securely and uses competent delivery services than get it from Amazon.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:
I'd rather pay $10 in shipping on one item to NOT have to buy it from Amazon. Plus, you say $10 a month for Amazon, and that's great if they are the ONLY thing you pay for, but when you add Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc into the mix, it's more than just $10.

As for Mothra, I might as well just buy it from someone who is selling it for $22 but will ship it out securely and uses competent delivery services than get it from Amazon.
I understand not liking Amazon but how is you paying for other services there problem?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

canofhumdingers wrote:What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.
o_O

You do know every store in existence sells toilet paper and paper towels, right?

Unless you live in the middle of bumfuckmysisternowhere, I don't see any reason to order anything from Amazon that you can't just buy from a local grocery store.

Their drivers can't even properly deliver a BD or book, I can only imagine how -------- they are when it comes to delivering food.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:What we're saying is we use prime for daily household things and convenience. Not just collectibles or media purchases. It is a godsend to be able to say "oh we need more toilet paper... *click*" and it's here in two days or less, as opposed to rounding up the preschool aged kids, loading them into their car seats, and having a minimum hour and a half odyssey to pick up some household goods. The less I or my wife have to drag our kids through a store the better! We buy everything on prime: toilet paper and paper towels, any and all toiletries, non perishable food items, furniture, yard tools, you name it. It's not about saving money. It's about convenience. And $10 a month is a bargain for that convenience.
o_O

You do know every store in existence sells toilet paper and paper towels, right?

Unless you live in the middle of bumfuckmysisternowhere, I don't see any reason to order anything from Amazon that you can't just buy from a local grocery store.

Their drivers can't even properly deliver a BD or book, I can only imagine how -------- they are when it comes to delivering food.
Your Amazon delivers just suck.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
o_O

Why do I even bother? Did you even read my post? Yeah, I order tons of household goods FOR CONVENIENCE. I have YOUNG CHILDREN and it is an ENORMOUS HASSLE to take them to the store. Having stuff delivered to my front porch is a million times easier and less stressful than loading the kids up and trekking out to target or the grocery store with them. Plus, as I mentioned, I travel a ton for my job so having stuff delivered takes a huge stress off my wife when I’m gone.

Also, I live in huge sprawling suburbia. It takes half an hour just to get to the nearest stores. By the time you load up the kids, drive somewhere, run in and grab just the essentials, and get back you’ve spent a minimum of an hour and a half. Any kind of *real* shopping trip is more like a 3 hour minimum. My time is more valuable and I’d rather spend it doing something more worthwhile with my kids than carting them around shopping centers. I’m sorry you can’t understand it, but for some people, amazon prime (and similar services) are fantastic.

So... Mothra should look epic. I saw the DCP Sony made in a theater several years ago and it was glorious!

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I did have more responding to your comments about your kids, but deleted it as it came out a tad meaner than I meant for it to sound.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:I did have more responding to your comments about your kids, but deleted it as it came out a tad meaner than I meant for it to sound.
They'll find alien life, Amelia Earhart and the spider pit sequence before they find the point of letting him know you were gonna be a dick about his kids instead of just dropping it and not saying anything like a normal person.

Anyway, Mothra. Steelbook packaging looks good. I always liked the looks of the Sony/Columbia transfers; I'm excited to see them in HD.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Great Hierophant wrote:Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.
Nope. The Anolis DVD/BD (actually where the footage in my video is from lmao) also contains the error.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Great Hierophant wrote:Hopefully they might have fixed errors like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GxGpF6VMM but I'm not holding my breath.
Neither am I, and as SHM pointed out, other HD releases of this transfer still have those problems. Unfortunately there are a few synchronization problems with the U.S. version too.

Video.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Hmm, I feel like I noticed those errors last time I watched the dvd but it’s been a long time so I had forgotten them. I can’t for the life of me remember if they were present at the DCP screening I saw at the Alamo Drafthouse several years ago.

But, if the errors are present in the BD, they seem rather minor. I’m sure someone with a bit of video editing know-how could fix them pretty easily, no?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Just got an email that my copy of the BD will arrive on July 9! :D

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »