Cozzila dvd

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Alternity Orange
Ronin

Re: Cozzila dvd

Post by Alternity Orange »

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. It was cool to finally see and snag a low-res version of Cozilla recently, Wow, Trippy. Godzilla vs Hedorah has nothing on Cozilla. I may try to do a reconstruction of the film if I can locate all of the stock footage.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

holy fuck. the coloration was absolutely bizarre, and the soundtrack was also kinda weird. can't remember if it bears any resemblance at all to our original americanized version, but geez.

imagine listening to 70's techno after someone snuck some shrooms into your dinner. that's how this feels. HOWEVER..................................i didn't find it bad, so don't read my post that way. rather, it was different. a one time thing, and i'd recommend that anyone watch it just to kinda satisfy the curiosity.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Cozzilla's cool because of the initial shock value and unwatchability, but by far my favorite variant of Godzilla is the French edit.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Kevin actually didn't find it. It's from Jean-Baptist Pujolle's off air recording which was posted in a Facebook group a few months before he "claimed" it to be his "finding".

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yeah, like Space M said, Jean-Baptist is responsible for that, not Kevin. Some people will do whatever it takes to get hits, I guess.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

kamenkong
Samurai

Post by kamenkong »

Hey i just found a youtube link to the full movie with english subs!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOtLWATiJc
Meatwad: "Give him Clam Digger." Frylock: "I don't think Clam Digger is, uh-" Oog: "Clam Digger! Give Oog Clam Digger!" Meatwad: "Oh, you gonna love this, boy. Tyrone calls you up, you know - in the game - and he says "I can dig more clams than you, stupid!" And you gotta say "Nuh-uh, boy," And y'all gotta race down to the beach with your buckets and your shovels, and the object of the game...is to find parking.

kamenkong
Samurai

Post by kamenkong »

oh i did not know that sorry about that :oops:
Meatwad: "Give him Clam Digger." Frylock: "I don't think Clam Digger is, uh-" Oog: "Clam Digger! Give Oog Clam Digger!" Meatwad: "Oh, you gonna love this, boy. Tyrone calls you up, you know - in the game - and he says "I can dig more clams than you, stupid!" And you gotta say "Nuh-uh, boy," And y'all gotta race down to the beach with your buckets and your shovels, and the object of the game...is to find parking.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Perhaps because of copyrights being overseas. Could be playable here but in other countries no.

Hawanja
Ronin

Post by Hawanja »

Bringing back necrothread again.

I've since found this movie online as well, but the copy I have is very low res. If anyone has a lead on a hi-rez copy please PM me.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

I actually really enjoy Cozzilla. Specifically the low quality version on YouTube. I see it as a beautifully ugly basterdization. It has a strange trippy feel to it. And I really love when video of the YouTube version goes to shit when Godzilla lands in Tokyo. The video just cuts to black spurstically causing both irritstion and tension. I know a better version is available on vimeo or something, but it's horrible quality is why i like it.
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/