* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
deadman31
Ronin

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby deadman31 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:53 am

I finally found the Rodan/War of Gargantuas classic media dvd. $40 for 2 movies isn’t bad. Usually go for $80 plus so I’m pretty happy.

Also had a friend who is giving me a copy of vs. the Sea Monster on blu ray with the titra dub. I’m assuming it’s some one of the reconstructions. Can’t wait.

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 pm

I just got my taxes back and decided to get myself a nice treat, I finished up my sealed Godzilla VHS collection with Raids Again & the holy grail, Orion's Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster. Raids was $48 and Smog Monster was...I can't believe I'm typing this...$98..oof...

AND IT HAS A BLOCKBUSTER STICKER GUYS I'M A SLUT FOR THAT poop
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby o.supreme » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am

I enjoy having the film's on VHS myself. Just wondering why the shrink wrap? Does this slow the degradation process? I just figured most of these have been used and rewrapped anyway. Don't get me wrong feel free to collect how you like, I was just curious.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 pm

o.supreme wrote:I enjoy having the film's on VHS myself. Just wondering why the shrink wrap? Does this slow the degradation process? I just figured most of these have been used and rewrapped anyway. Don't get me wrong feel free to collect how you like, I was just curious.

I dunno, I wanted them to be as flawless as I could but I also like the video store aesthetic they give the room. They're also worth way more sealed up. And for the record none of mine have been resealed up, it's all vintage from the 80's and 90's (Except for G2000 obviously)
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

o.supreme
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby o.supreme » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:02 pm

But if it has a BBV sticker on it, it had to have been a rental copy. To my knowledge Orion's G vs the Smog Monster was never released to general retail. All Copies in the wild were are formal video store copies.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

SuperPawnageGigan
Interpol Agent

Postby SuperPawnageGigan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:07 am

My last one i bought kaiju related was the Kraken releasing of Ebirah horror of the deep.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:04 am

o.supreme wrote:But if it has a BBV sticker on it, it had to have been a rental copy. To my knowledge Orion's G vs the Smog Monster was never released to general retail. All Copies in the wild were are formal video store copies.

It's sealed enough for me lol It's not like a rando online re-wrapped it
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

Mama Birdon is bae

Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Terasawa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:13 pm

o.supreme wrote:To my knowledge Orion's G vs the Smog Monster was never released to general retail.

This sales spot makes it like Orion intended for a typical retail release. Anecdotally, I can add that it was sold through Tower Records in the mid '90s.

変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Return to “Toho Media”