* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:05 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah) and vs. Spacegodzilla sealed but no pics yet.

I scored this for a decent deal,

Image

And I couldn't resist this one,
Image

It's kind of hard to see but it's sealed. Now I'm only missing the Mothra, Monster Zero & Revenge 3 pack, Godzilla vs. Hedorah & Godzilla '98 to complete my sealed Godzilla VHS collection. I haven't seen the 3 pack being sold anywhere sealed, and Hedorah is like $150 sealed so...


For the 5 pack are the individual titles sealed too or just the pack? I was looking at that one
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Terasawa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:38 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah)


I don't think it was ever released on video any other way. The title was corrected for the artwork by the time it hit DVD, but even on VHS the actual on screen title of TriStar's version was always "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah."
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:For the 5 pack are the individual titles sealed too or just the pack? I was looking at that one


I'm honestly not sure, I don't think they are but that's only because this set doesn't appear to have individually wrapped tapes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpoUQUqClV4&t=231s

Terasawa wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah)


I don't think it was ever released on video any other way. The title was corrected for the artwork by the time it hit DVD, but even on VHS the actual on screen title of TriStar's version was always "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah."


I have 2 copies of it, my original has an A at the end and the newer one I happened to find at a flea market has the H at the end.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.


Mama Birdon is bae


Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I'm honestly not sure, I don't think they are but that's only because this set doesn't appear to have individually wrapped


Ya I figured. Think I'll have to go individual if I want em sealed
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Terasawa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:06 pm

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah)


I don't think it was ever released on video any other way. The title was corrected for the artwork by the time it hit DVD, but even on VHS the actual on screen title of TriStar's version was always "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah."


I have 2 copies of it, my original has an A at the end and the newer one I happened to find at a flea market has the H at the end.


Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 am

Terasawa wrote:Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.


Image

No worries man
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.


Mama Birdon is bae


Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

deadman31
Ronin
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby deadman31 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:14 am

It’s a boot but I’m happy not paying $85 for it

Image
pic hosting


Also picked up Godzilla KOTM 4K/Blu/Digital for $12.99 on Best Buy

User avatar
tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3105
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Exploring the Galaxy

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 am

KOTM was the latest, but i plan to get Raiga and Reigo eventually.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:35 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.


Image

No worries man


Wow thats a great variant Pops! Probably extremely rare I would think. It's not even mentioned on the main site.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Terasawa » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Image

Thanks for sharing! Guess that’s one I’ll have to keep an eye out for.
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.


Image

No worries man


Wow thats a great variant Pops! Probably extremely rare I would think. It's not even mentioned on the main site.


Thanks man, although I could have sworn it says something about the corrected version being produced in '99 but I could just be making that up lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.


Mama Birdon is bae


Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

User avatar
Godzamera
Ronin
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby Godzamera » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 pm

I found the out-of-print Classic Media War of the Gargantuas/Rodan DVD for $20 at F.Y.E. today!
GODZILLA BOX

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Just ordered Shin on Blu-Ray since I haven't given it a solid full thorough watch (had no TV in my room for a while). Figured maybe I'll appreciate it more if I watch it on my new 60" TV I picked up over the summer.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Sorry to spam the thread with images lately lol but I changed up my setup


Image
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.


Mama Birdon is bae


Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

deadman31
Ronin
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby deadman31 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:39 am

I ordered this. Any opinions?

Image
Last edited by deadman31 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2989
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am
Location: Porvoo, Finland

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby G-Matt » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 am

deadman31 wrote:I ordered this. Any opinions?

Image

My German friend got this recently. According to him, most of the movies look okay. Not perfect, but watchable. Also, the pitch of the German dub of GFW is off, as if it was recorded for the PAL speed (or something like that).
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

TitanosaurusFan
Ronin
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby TitanosaurusFan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:50 am

A few weeks ago, I bought Tokyo Shock's Atragon DVD. Pretty rad, it was my first time seeing the film.

I also got the Classic Media Rodan/War of the Gargantuas DVD recently. Vety glad to own it again. I watched the American version of WOTG for the first time in years. Russ Tamblyn sure was funny in it!
Last edited by TitanosaurusFan on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
realinvaderdesign
Samurai
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Postby realinvaderdesign » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 am

TitanosaurusFan wrote:A few weeks ago, I bought Tokyo Shock's Atragon DVD. Pretty rad, it was my first time seeing the film.

I also got the Classic Media Rodan/War of the Gargantuas DVD recently. Vety glad to own it again. I watched the American version of WOTG for the first time in years. Russ Tamblyn sure was funny in it!


You should check out tokyo shocks Frankenstein conquers the world aswell if you haven't already, its a pretty good release


Return to “Toho Media”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: omgitsgodzilla and 5 guests