* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Post by Leviarex »

I bought this dvd from Amazon a moment ago as a replacement for the A.D.V. vhs I've had for 23 years:

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I bought the Brazilian collection "Invasão Sci-Fi: Dinossauros" which features four films:

- The Lost World (1925)
- One Million B.C. (1940)
- The Land Unknown (1957)
- The Lost world (1960)

gomezm6
Ronin

Post by gomezm6 »

Recent Godzilla films which I have found on Blu-Ray, I tend to buy when I see them in the store (i.e. Godzilla Millennium and Shin Godzilla), while many others I've obtained over the years. In 2020, though, I finally collected the Millcreek Gamera DVD collection (Showa and Heisei minus Gamera the Brave). Granted, the video and audio are not the best, and some of the later Showa/Heisei subtitles are lacking, it was a reasonable price to collect (compared to the Blu-Ray which has gotten quite expensive). I can almost guarantee the next kaiju film I will obtain will be Godzilla vs. Kong when its released on Blu-Ray, and I have been contemplating buying some other Toho kaiju films I don't own like Varan (even though I've heard it is not as good as some others).

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I've picked up the Invisible Man Appears set, and the GvMGII/GvSG, G2K, and Tokyo SOS/GFW blu-rays in the past few weeks.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I bought The Invisible Man Appears/The Invisible Man Meets the Human Fly Blu-ray, too. Can't wait to get it at last!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Got Hakaider for my birthday.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I'm getting some extra cash tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try to get Tremors: 7-Movie Collection from my local Walmart.

UPDATE: Just got it today! I also got the Blu-ray of The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone to go with my Blu-ray box set of The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration, since this one is a Coppola restoration as well.

Now if they could only make a new box set of The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration including this one in it, instead of The Godfather Part III (which, I guess, is the theatrical version) like the last one (which I've already got on Blu-ray) did...
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 am, edited 7 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm I'm getting some extra cash tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try to get Tremors: 7-Movie Collection from my local Walmart.
I stare at that every time I'm at Walmart. If only there was a Blu Ray version as well... The Same goes for the Dragonheart 5 Movie set.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:58 am
mikelcho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm I'm getting some extra cash tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try to get Tremors: 7-Movie Collection from my local Walmart.
I stare at that every time I'm at Walmart. If only there was a Blu Ray version as well... The Same goes for the Dragonheart 5 Movie set.
And a month later, one of my wishes is Granted...The Dragonheart 5 movie collection was just released on BRD for $20, and comes with digital codes. Hopefully soon Tremors will follow suit.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed May 19, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

o.supreme wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:14 am
o.supreme wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:58 am
And a month later, one of my wishes is Granted...The Dragonheart 5 movie collection was just released on BRD for $20, and comes with digital codes. Hopefully soon Tremors will follow suit.
And don't forget, Tremors: The Complete Series has to do the same thing to make the storyline complete.

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

Just got the "Rebirth of Mothra / Rebirth of Mothra II / Rebirth of Mothra III" blu-ray - just arrived today in fact! And if we expand a bit I also got UltraQ and Ultraman series on blu-ray as well.

- Michael

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

All the Showa Godzilla movies, all the Gamera movies, King Kong 76, and a few Ultramen. That's in the past couple months.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Just picked up Tokyo Shock's DVDs of Frankenstein Conquers the World and Varan The Unbelievable. I had never seen FCTW before, and man was it bad - probably the least charismatic 60's Toho film I've seen.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 pm Just picked up Tokyo Shock's DVDs of Frankenstein Conquers the World and Varan The Unbelievable. I had never seen FCTW before, and man was it bad - probably the least charismatic 60's Toho film I've seen.
Whaaat? Mind explaining why you thought it was so bad?
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Copped Taro and Leo on deep discount for half off each. Looking forward to diving back into Ultra!
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 pm Just picked up Tokyo Shock's DVDs of Frankenstein Conquers the World and Varan The Unbelievable. I had never seen FCTW before, and man was it bad - probably the least charismatic 60's Toho film I've seen.
In terms of FX, acting, soundtrack? I would have honestly said that about Gargantuas before Frankenstein. I hope I don't come off as interrogative, I've just never heard anyone say something like that about Frank :lol:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

dannydangle
Ronin

Post by dannydangle »

Just got my copies from Japan of King Kong vs. Godzilla 4K and the King Kong Escapes BD. This will be my first time seeing the Japanese version of KKE. Very excited, the quality is even better than the Universal BD.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I ordered Criterion's When Horror Came to Shochiku DVD set. I haven't seen any of the included movies, so looking forward to it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:00 am I ordered Criterion's When Horror Came to Shochiku DVD set. I haven't seen any of the included movies, so looking forward to it.
Better have an antidepressant handy after Genocide and Goké.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Terasawa wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:50 am Better have an antidepressant handy after Genocide and Goké.
Uh oh. :lol: Well, maybe the (so I've heard) off the wall ridiculousness of The X From Outer Space will counteract the depression. My dad saw it, once, said it was the worst kaiju movie he's ever seen, and we probably could've made a better movie in our back yard.