* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
UltramanGoji

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Post by UltramanGoji »

Or to the eagle-eyed collector who doesn't give a patootie about copyright law! :)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Just got Sony's double feature of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs. Mothra. Anybody else get somewhat annoyed that Sony mostly just releases their Godzilla films as double features? Especially since Godzilla 2000 was released on its own, while Godzilla vs. Destroyah and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus are bundled together. That just bugs me cause it's gonna skreeonk up my display once I get a proper shelf.
Not to mention all those gaps that are just in the Classic Media set...
And god knows how long it'll be before those films get updated to blu-ray.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Just got Sony's double feature of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs. Mothra. Anybody else get somewhat annoyed that Sony mostly just releases their Godzilla films as double features? Especially since Godzilla 2000 was released on its own, while Godzilla vs. Destroyah and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus are bundled together. That just bugs me cause it's gonna skreeonk up my display once I get a proper shelf.
Not to mention all those gaps that are just in the Classic Media set...
And god knows how long it'll be before those films get updated to blu-ray.
Oh gosh, yes- what I wouldn't give for a legit Son of Godzilla in high-def! Much less all the others...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

There's always the Criterion Collection's upcoming releases.

When they're going to show up, however (and if ever), is anyone's guess.

Oh well, one can only hope.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:Or to the eagle-eyed collector who doesn't give a patootie about copyright law! :)
I'm getting to that point. I've accepted we'll probably never get the Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla over here, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dr. Professor wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Or to the eagle-eyed collector who doesn't give a patootie about copyright law! :)
I'm getting to that point. I've accepted we'll probably never get the Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla over here, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
In a month or so, there may be a fan-edit solution to address that...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Dr. Professor wrote:Just got Sony's double feature of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs. Mothra. Anybody else get somewhat annoyed that Sony mostly just releases their Godzilla films as double features? Especially since Godzilla 2000 was released on its own, while Godzilla vs. Destroyah and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus are bundled together. That just bugs me cause it's gonna fuck up my display once I get a proper shelf.
You could just have each film in their own case. There's a custom cover set:
https://www.deviantart.com/grandkeizerg ... -Cover-Set
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Just got Sony's double feature of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs. Mothra. Anybody else get somewhat annoyed that Sony mostly just releases their Godzilla films as double features? Especially since Godzilla 2000 was released on its own, while Godzilla vs. Destroyah and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus are bundled together. That just bugs me cause it's gonna fuck up my display once I get a proper shelf.
Never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
HOLD THE PHONE, FOLKS. Could you elaborate on that a bit?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dr. Professor wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: I'm getting to that point. I've accepted we'll probably never get the Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla over here, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
I might have a completed fan-edit of the Japanese Kong (and buying that blu-ray was NOT cheap), with updated subtitles, merged with the English version of the submarine scene and ending fight climax, color-corrected (not as good as the 4k master; the transfer wouldn't support it), that I just need to proof-check before putting online in hopefully a month or so... ;)

Maranatha!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote: You could just have each film in their own case. There's a custom cover set:
Zarm wrote:
I might have a completed fan-edit of the Japanese Kong (and buying that blu-ray was NOT cheap), with updated subtitles, merged with the English version of the submarine scene and ending fight climax, color-corrected (not as good as the 4k master; the transfer wouldn't support it), that I just need to proof-check before putting online in hopefully a month or so... ;)
YOOOOOOOOO I'm definitely gonna be looking out for that.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

Same. I only have the Japanese version w/ inaccurate subtitles and god awful video quality. Zarm, please PM me when you finish that fan edit. Would love to see it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Greeeen SLIIIIIIIMMMEE!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Same. I only have the Japanese version w/ inaccurate subtitles and god awful video quality. Zarm, please PM me when you finish that fan edit. Would love to see it.
Seconded!

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

My most Recent kaiju movie buys were the 90s gamera movies on blue ray like last month at slackers.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Gojira-Fan wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:
I've only ever seen the American cut of the film, so I desperately want to see the Japanese version.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yeah, sorry for the delay. That is actually finished, and all ready to post, I just keep meaning take some screenshots so I can make one of those nice-looking posts like a lot of the fan edits already have... and life has gotten crazy. So I haven't had the chance to take them or compose that post. But I'll get around to that very soon. :)

Added in 10 hours 40 minutes 40 seconds:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:
Gojira-Fan wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: YOOOOOOOOO I'm definitely gonna be looking out for that.
I've only ever seen the American cut of the film, so I desperately want to see the Japanese version.
Okay, it's up:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28509

Maranatha!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I got the Triple Feature DVD of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs. Mothra '92, and GMK at work today via my final break for $9.99. 3 movies for the price of one. It was well worth it.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Special Edition DVD from Amazon today:

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

the media blasters gamera the brave bluray and peter jacksons king kong

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Dare I ask how much the Gamera the Brave BD was? It’s one I’ve regretted not grabbing right away for a long time now.