Monsters HD Godzilla 1985

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Monsters HD Godzilla 1985

Post by G-MAN »

Anyone have a really good copy of this in HD or SD. Or seen any still online let me know cuz I've been trying to see this copy of the film but haven't been able to find anyone with it. So if anyone has this and is willing to share let me know please.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monsters HD Godzilla 1985

Post by Goji »

The 1080i version seems to be extremely rare (I, and just about everyone I know definitely don't have it), and the versions floating around are pretty compressed..
Last edited by Goji on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Yeah I was wondering if anyone on here had cuz the only place I found one is on this guys dailymotion and he does commentaries on kaiju related things and has the widescreen version of 85 but ether him or dailymotion compressed it a lot when it was put online. But I've been trying to see if he's upload it but of course he never responds.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Interesting. Would you mind linking me to his Daily Motion page?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Here's his DM profile www.dailymotion.com/f711513007
I also found that he has a YouTube when I was looking up titra dubs and he posted downloads to his "reconstruction" of sea monster and smog monster but the links are dead now

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Those commentaries fail to impress me.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Yeah I tried one but couldn't sit through it mostly cuz of the quality of the audio they used, but I'm mostly interested in his godzilla 1985 and the titra dubs

DaimajinBob
Young Farmer

Post by DaimajinBob »

I recommend you check iOffer. There are several people offering the Monsters HD on DVD along with the orignal Japanese version of the film.

RyanClark
Monarch Researcher

Post by RyanClark »

No discussions on where to obtain filthy evil bootlegs!

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Yeah, especially if they are the only way to acquire the American version in widescreen!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

You know you could always pop in your New World, Star Maker, or Anchor Bay VHS, get some black construction paper, tape it to the top/bottom edges of your TV and there you have it! ;)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^ That would actually work for the opening and ending credits, which are open matte on the tapes you cite.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Nobody should be paying for boots of GODZILLA 1985/ROG/G'84 (there are other avenues possible to acquire any and all of them)..but I will continue to watch my MHD rip of G'85 until it's picked up by somebody for a home video release. It's not like I'm burning copies, and selling them to people. :P

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

I'm not a big fan of the monstershd rip I have now. I have one where a guy added in the subs for the russian parts, the picture quality is pretty subpar. Anything better floating around?

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

The rip I have occasionally breaks up and gets really blocky for like a second, and there's shimmering, but it's pretty decent otherwise, except that it's some kind of answer print missing a ton of stuff that should be there. I have another rip that doesn't have the aforementioned glitches, but it is non-anamorphic and has aliasing. Wish the HD version would surface...

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Is downloading a HD TV rip really considered bootleg? It'd be the same principal as recording it on VHS and just watching it over and over again wouldn't it?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

gvamp wrote:Is downloading a HD TV rip really considered bootleg? It'd be the same principal as recording it on VHS and just watching it over and over again wouldn't it?
If you recorded it, its a non issue, but your suggestion, not really.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Rockzilla wrote:I'm not a big fan of the monstershd rip I have now. I have one where a guy added in the subs for the russian parts, the picture quality is pretty subpar. Anything better floating around?
I have a version like that too, the quality is better than my vhs in most instances but the beginning is so meh. But show signs of compression of course. still cant believe that its so hard to find a good copy or at least one in HD

Emperor5353
Monsterland Worker

Post by Emperor5353 »

I know I have mentioned this before but there is a nice program for adding audio tracks and reauthoring bluray discs. I bought the RoG Toho Japaneses bluray, added the audio (from a bootleg..ok quality) and synced it up with the video and added English subs. Multiavchd is a nice program if you are interested in tackling this project. You can reauthor the blu ray file structure and add subs and extra audio that does show up in the language/sub choices. I have done it with basically every Toho bluray (with the help of TK member Max Defiant). I know the majority here hate the Toho blu's but most of them are better than any domestic release on dvd. But the nice thing is that I have a high quality bluray of RoG that was purchased legitimately

SoooTrypticon
Ronin

Post by SoooTrypticon »

Hey all, long time reader, and first time poster.

I too, am interested in finding the best copy of this broadcast available, largely for sentimental reasons.

It's my 30th next week, and I'd love to screen this film for friends, as I saw it when I was just two years old. It's one of the earliest, if not THE earliest film memories I have. Godzilla '85 made me the monster loving, bird hating, volcano fearing man I am today.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

If not, I may just have to get the VHS, and find a player somewhere- do it up old school.

Thanks!