The Daimajin Trilogy coming from Arrow Films!

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Daimajin Trilogy coming from Arrow Films!

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I would point out that I think getting in early with Amazon preorders probably helps your chances in situations where stock is limited -- I preordered the Gamera box pretty much the minute it appeared on there and my copy arrived without incident -- but I don't think this is going to be anything like that in terms of demand for the limited set overwhelming the supply.

Basically, if what you're worried about is not getting it, that's a good reason to claim your spot in line early. Realistically, though, I think you'll probably be okay.
Last edited by omgitsgodzilla on Thu May 06, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED MENACE
Tumblr YouTube Patreon

Latest project: Godzilla 1985 35mm hybrid reconstruction
Current project: Stay tuned for details

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES

canofhumdingers
G-Force Personnel

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah I don’t think this one will be as high demand as the Gamera set, but you just never know. I also own the previous Blu ray set and had the same internal debate about whether I really needed to upgrade. But the bottom line is, for me, it wasn’t worth the risk of *not* being able to pick it up later. Plus I very much want to support these kind of higher end, fan oriented releases of kaiju films. We need more of these archival-level sets!
“Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind.”
~The Doctor

mwbworld
Ronin

Post by mwbworld »

o.supreme wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am Amazon is being weird right now with the Ultraman BRD's from MC, so I am going to hold off on the Daimajin set. I am content with the MC BRD set. I mean I already have the ADV VHS, the ADV DVD set, and the retromedia DVD for the English Dubs, and the purpose of getting the MC was to be the "end -all-be-all". I admit the Arrow set has some nice features, but I'll wait. If it comes down to a reasonable price I'll get it. If not, no big loss. The Gamera set was a must. And while the Warning From Space BRD was not really a high priority at all, it was more of a one-off. Not something I had several copies of already. While the Arrow Daimajin set has some nice additions, it is not a must for me.
Got to ask - what do you mean weird? I have them (a butch of Ultraman sets) and Daimajin in one of my wishlists there and will order them evenutally (but not right now since I can't order everything I want at once - tragically!) - so was wondering about it.

- Michael

o.supreme
EDF Instructor

Post by o.supreme »

Well Ultraman Leo has a release date in 2 weeks (May 25th), and My pre-order I did on day one still has no estimated delivery date. However, the next MC Releases (Ultra Galaxy set and Ultraman Zero set), have a release date of June 15th, but last week, Amazon updated my order to say they will not arrive until July 7. I understand delays happen, but why would Amazon know more about a release that is over a month away, than one that is now just 2 weeks away?
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mwbworld
Ronin

Post by mwbworld »

Got it. It's more a day and date concern with these. That I can work with. As long I get it in the end I'm fine. But I can understand it as an issue for sure.

- Michael

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Got mine pre ordered through Diablo. Sold my Mill Creek set a few months ago to finance this set which looks to be superior. Excited!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.