Be Honest: Do you think Godzilla vs. Gamera will EVER happen?

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.

Do you think there's still a chance for Godzilla and Gamera to cross over?

I think it's possible!
26%
I don't think so, but i could be wrong
26%
It could, but only in certain circumstances
31%
It has no chance of happening at all
17%

Total votes: 35

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Be Honest: Do you think Godzilla vs. Gamera will EVER happen?

Post by LegendZilla »

Maybe when one of them goes public domain first.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

If you are legitimately, unironically saying there was 'no plot' and that it was 'only fight scenes'...then you LITERALLY were not paying attention. Cutting all of the fight scenes together completely rips the emotion out of them.

Kong wanted to find a new home, and Godzilla wanted to eradicate humanity's attempt to upend his primacy with MechaGodzilla, while he was essentially being framed as the villain the entire film. The meddling of the humans and the nature of the title characters led Godzilla and Kong to blows. Without Jia's bond with Kong and wanting to help him find a home and Madison trying to vindicate Godzilla's actions, the movie IS mindless. Thankfully, the fights had meaning.

And yes, visual storytellng, Godzilla and Kong don't speak a single word...but they had a complete conflict and dynamic throughout the film that is resolved at the conclusion. They had an arc without a single word of dialogue. They had close ups that showcased more soul and character than they received in most of their prior films.

Color, shot composition, camera framing and movement. They have meaning and purpose. Visual Storytelling.

Just because the film is about the journey of the monsters doesn't mean it had no plot. Hell, I love it BECAUSE it found a way to make it feel like it was finally ABOUT the monsters and built the human journeys around them. The movie ends when Godzilla and Kong resolve their conflict and complete their goals.

But I apologize for dragging this thread off topic. I won't follow up here any more.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Chrispy_G wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:59 pm If you are legitimately, unironically saying there was 'no plot' and that it was 'only fight scenes'...then you LITERALLY were not paying attention. Cutting all of the fight scenes together completely rips the emotion out of them.
I wasn't being literal, hyperbole is allowed when you clearly know what I mean. It had a plot. A weak, barely there, poorly thought out, wouldn't get a passing grade in school, shallower than a paper bag plot. It was there only to string together the fight scenes and barely explain why those fight scenes were happening - and in the title bought between Kong and Godzilla it didn't even do that!

But it's easier and gets the point just the same to say "it had no plot" than to go into detail and length of why it was such a cruddy plot.
Kong wanted to find a new home, and Godzilla wanted to eradicate humanity's attempt to upend his primacy with MechaGodzilla, while he was essentially being framed as the villain the entire film. The meddling of the humans and the nature of the title characters led Godzilla and Kong to blows. Without Jia's bond with Kong and wanting to help him find a home and Madison trying to vindicate Godzilla's actions, the movie IS mindless. Thankfully, the fights had meaning.
No, the movie IS mindless - the fights too. How did Godzilla sense the MechaG? Why did he keep going after Kong when it had nothing to do with MechaG? When it kept him from MechaG? He went to Hong Kong where MechaG was, and instead of wrecking the building where MechaG was powered down, took precious time to bore a hole into the earth to mess with Kong more.
It was so mindless.
And yes, visual storytellng, Godzilla and Kong don't speak a single word...but they had a complete conflict and dynamic throughout the film that is resolved at the conclusion. They had an arc without a single word of dialogue. They had close ups that showcased more soul and character than they received in most of their prior films.
It wasn't a complete conflict. Godzilla would've needed a motive for it to be complete. And trying to tie him fighting Kong with the MechG thing just doesn't fit.
What they had wasn't storytelling. It was just emoting. You could really understand the facial expressions and emotions. But there was no narrative for why those two were fighting.
Color, shot composition, camera framing and movement. They have meaning and purpose. Visual Storytelling.
No. It just makes things pretty.
Just because the film is about the journey of the monsters doesn't mean it had no plot. Hell, I love it BECAUSE it found a way to make it feel like it was finally ABOUT the monsters and built the human journeys around them. The movie ends when Godzilla and Kong resolve their conflict and complete their goals.
But it wasn't about the journey of the monsters. Kong maybe, that's debatable. Godzilla, nope. He was after MechaG for good reason, and Kong for none.
And their conflict was only resolved when Godzilla decided arbitrarily that he was no longer in the mood to murder Kong for the lulz.
But I apologize for dragging this thread off topic. I won't follow up here any more.
Same. You're free to believe what you want about this film, but you'll never convince me that this wasn't the worst of the 4 MV films. Or the worst Hollywood Kaiju movie since 1998, with the possible exception of Pacific Rim Uprising because I refuse to see that.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:30 pm no
Pure savagery, lol

I think its possible but only when the Gamera series recovers from its really, really, long vacation and some other stuff happens

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

There’s a definite possibility of it happening...but that possibility is a very slim chance

What’s more likely to happen and what i would really want would be a “Ultraman vs Godzilla” crossover, whether it be feature length film, short film, park ride, or what have you
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:50 am What’s more likely to happen and what i would really want would be a “Ultraman vs Godzilla” crossover, whether it be feature length film, short film, park ride, or what have you
With Shin Ultraman coming out some time in the future, I think an Ultraman vs Godzilla event is inevitable.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Godzilla vs Ultraman vs Kamen Rider vs Evangelion - finally a crossover to surpass Infinity War/Endgame.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I doubt it anytime soon but these last few years have surprised me so I won't say never.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I highly doubt it will ever happen. Toho doesn't seem to keen on the turtle's existence whatsoever. Even if they had a change of heart I don't think they want to bother investing anything into it since only fans of kaiju would want this anyway.