Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by Godzillian »

People always just gotta get the last word in smh

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

So I typed everything I just did in a level headed manner and that’s the response?

Look. I tried to explain where we are coming from in a level headed manner. All I can do
Last edited by king_ghidorah on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

It could happen. It probably won't happen. I think everyone gets that. But, people are still going to be hopeful at the .01% chance that it COULD happen.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote:So I typed everything I just did in a level headed manner and that’s the response?

Look. I tried to explain where we are coming from in a level headed manner. All I can do
You said Gamera happening is impossible and that Monsterverse was likely ending when the frustration started. When others debated you in the same friendly manner you called them delusional.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Dude f’n drop it already holy shit

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

king_ghidorah wrote:Dude f’n drop it already holy poop
Only you apologize!11!

but seriously, don't call people delusional on here. Treat people nice and i'm sure there gonna be nice to you back. ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’m not going to apologize for stating that I believe someone isn’t being rational when that’s how I see it.

But. I do keep trying to drop it. Or at least explain my POV and then move on.

We don’t have to agree. I’m totally fine with not finding a middle ground. So since we can’t find common ground let’s drop it

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote:Dude f’n drop it already holy poop
So you want make absolutes, someone enters a friendly debate then you insult them and want to drop a conversation.

Ok fair enough then. Just be warned that others don't like to put up with attitudes like that. Alot of us disagree on here all the time, we're all only human and we're all fans with different views. Just know that if your intentions weren't to upset people you need to word your debates a little different or offer an apology if someone took your opinion the wrong way.

That's my last word on the matter. I'll fucking drop the shit now.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I`m in the anti-Gamera camp so yeeeeeet.

If it did happen, I would not really care, I`d watch it, and maybe like it. I just don`t like Gamera. :)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I feel the same way about a Gamera crossover as I do a Pac Rim crossover. I don't want it. And luckily for me, it is extremely unlikely. Hell, a Gamera movie is unlikely to happen period.

And this is coming from someone who owns all the gamera movies BTW.
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I heard someone a few pages back mention the idea of an DreamWorks animated of Gamera.

I'd love to see that! :D

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Now just give me 200 million dollars and I’ll make that happen for you ;)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'll give you 200 million if you give me an R-Rated Pixar Film
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

YOUR copy will indeed be r rated. Gamera will drop tons of f bombs and slap a hooker in the face before curb stomping a nazi. He will then develop a nasty meth habit and accidentally burn down a school. He becomes public enemy number one and the rest of the movie is about his road to recovery.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

king_ghidorah wrote:YOUR copy will indeed be r rated. Gamera will drop tons of f bombs and slap a hooker in the face before curb stomping a nazi. He will then develop a nasty meth habit and accidentally burn down a school. He becomes public enemy number one and the rest of the movie is about his road to recovery.
Sounds like 200 Million dollars put to good use to me.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Now just imagine all of the stuff I have to cut out to make a PG cut for everyone else lol

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dear lord what have I begun...

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Hokmuto wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:11 pm Let's say somehow, SOMEHOW this was a possibility. Many aspects of Gamera will need to be removed. Just off the top of my head:
1. NO ANNOYING KIDS THAT ARE "FRIENDS" TO GAMERA. THIS WILL MAKE THE MOVIE EXTREMELY HORRIBLE
2. Gamera's flying capabilities will need to be removed
3. The infamous plot line that Gamera is a creation of the Atlantians will need to be completely removed

Heh, with the direction Legendary is headed now, Gamera would fit in. Even his flying powers would fit.

Still, none of that “Friends of the Children” stuff, unless it’s like Kong’s relationship with Jia.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

As much as I would like to see Gamera again whether it is in the Monsterverse or not I don't think it is ever going to happen.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

If the Monsterverse gets to keep moving on after Kong's anime, then thematically speaking, Gamera, and specially an adaptation of Heisei Gamera, would make a perfect fit for the Monsterverse.
An ancient civilization creating a bioengineered kaiju to protect them doesn't sound that far fetched after GvK.

Regardless, from a bussiness point of view, it would make absolutely no sense to get the movie rights for Gamera. And that really sucks, I hate how companies do bussiness.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/