The Marvel Legends Line Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

The Marvel Legends Line Thread

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Ah, a thread for the discussion of the Marvel Legends toy line. From Toybiz to Hasbro, to wishlists and speculation. Any and everything Marvel Legends you wish to discuss, this is the place for you.
"Those of limited lifetimes often behave in strange ways."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Marvel Legends Line Thread

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Well this went nowhere, guess I'll help kick it back in action. Just got into the Legends line recently, they always looked pretty cool but they were too expensive for my tastes(There was LEGO to get after all). Only have a few figures, but I just got the Deluxe War Machine in from Amazon and it's great. This is the War Machine design I remember on the cards and the comics and the cartoons, it's pretty much my mental default and I'm so happy such a good representation of it exists in articulated form. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow or Sunday.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:Well this went nowhere, guess I'll help kick it back in action.

Yeah, THIS thread kind of crashed and burned right off the bat.
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:Just got into the Legends line recently, they always looked pretty cool but they were too expensive for my tastes(There was LEGO to get after all). Only have a few figures, but I just got the Deluxe War Machine in from Amazon and it's great. This is the War Machine design I remember on the cards and the comics and the cartoons, it's pretty much my mental default and I'm so happy such a good representation of it exists in articulated form. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow or Sunday.

It's a really cool figure.
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

G-Force Personnel

Little late and not all super great quality, but here they are:

The smudge on the helmet is unfortunate, but I didn't want to take nail polish remover to it because it's a paint smudge on another layer of paint. Anyone know how remove a splotch like that?

mikelcho
G-Grasper

Post by mikelcho »

Is the green figure in the fourth photo supposed to be the Guardsman, one of many Iron Man imitators (the others being, of course, the Titanium Man, the Crimson Dynamo, the Cobalt Man, the Iron-Monger, etc.)?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Force Personnel

mikelcho wrote:Is the green figure in the fourth photo supposed to be the Guardsman, one of many Iron Man imitators (the others being, of course, the Titanium Man, the Crimson Dynamo, the Cobalt Man, the Iron-Monger, etc.)?
It actually is Titanium Man, from whatever series this is:
I found it at the second-hand store without the blaster, leg articulation is a bit odd but otherwise he's quite nice.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Picked up the Morbius and Phage from the Venompool wave. They're both great imo. Phage in particular.

It's a big step up from figures like Lasher who just reuse that lame Superior Venom mold
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Took the plunge today with Venompool wave Venom, FFH Mysterio, MCU Ultron, and Deadpool + Negasonic Teenage Warhead two pack. I've had a few Legends before (still have one: Mayday Parker) that were comic-themed, figured I'd get back into it for MCU stuff.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

This thread could use more activity, so i guess I'll go ahead. and drop a list of figures I'd like to see be made in the future. (all of which are comic-based, since I don't really collect MCU stuff)

.Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
.Werewolf by Night
.Tigra
.Blackout
.Harpy (Betty Ross)
.Blackout
.Mephisto
.Black Heart
.Classic Doctor Strange
.Agony
.Riot
.Blade (Riders Series)
.Madarin
.Baron Zemo
.Abomination (Deluxe Series)
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
Gotengo Officer

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'd like to see a new fin fang foom
your source of self destruction

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I think this line needs more monsters.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

master_of_monsters
Gotengo Officer

Mr. Yellow wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 pm I think this line needs more monsters.
this. so much this

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

master_of_monsters wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:50 pm
Mr. Yellow wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 pm I think this line needs more monsters.
this. so much this

I could not agree more.

master_of_monsters
Gotengo Officer

anyone have a head for the Sasquatch baf that they'd be willing to sell? PM me if you do

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Curious, does anyone have a left leg of the Gamerverse Abomination they'd be willing to sell or trade? PM me if you are interested.