Table Top/Board Games

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Table Top/Board Games

Post by Maritonic »

First thread in our new forum! Table top and board games!

Enjoy!
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Table Top/Board Games

Post by Spuro »

:D

I'm a Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 edition) player who got into tabletop RPGs fairly late in life, about three years ago. I already had prior experience in Text-Based RPGs (the type of stuff you'll see in the RPG subforum on this site), so I already had a groundwork for the roleplaying and character developing aspects of the game. One of my Text-Based RPG buddies roped a bunch of us into trying a 3.5 game module, Red Hand of Doom, and after a bit of struggle to get a grasp on the rules of dice-based RPGs we've been going strong ever since.

I play entirely online (don't know anyone in my area who's interested), on Roll20.com's virtual tabletop system. The Dungeons and Dragons games that I play differ from the style most are familiar with, since our roleplay (descriptions of character actions, dialogue, etc) is all text-based, rather than voice-acted. This is because of that Text-Based RPG background me and most of my group have — for us it's easier to settle into character when writing, as opposed to acting.

I've got a passing familiarity with 5th edition (we have a campaign in that edition planned a few months from now) and Pathfinder's 1st edition (very similar, even near-identical, to 3.5). I have limited experience as a DM too; currently running a lengthily homebrew 3.5 campaign called The Starlight Stones. Most of my experience is as a player, though.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan indo muu
Rusuto uiraandoa, hanba hanbamuyan, randa banunradan
Tounjukanraa
Kasaku yaanmu

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Dinosaur island is probably my favorite board game, and it’s sequel literally just got released on Kickstarter!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

My wife got me "Horrified" and "The Shining" board games recently and I am absolutely addicted. Especially to Horrified. SOOOO much fun to play. I want to track down the Resident Evil 2 game, but it's looking kinda pricey with all the add ons.
Resized Image

Breakdown
Xilien Halfling

Post by Breakdown »

Anybody play Warhammer 40k? I feel like it kind of deserves its own thread because the game has tons of lore and novels set in the universe.

I main Tyranids with Imperial Guard as my second army. Im slowly auctioning off my IG to build a Chaos Space Marine army. So far I have 1 squad of Chaos Marines and a Terminator Lord. My Tyranid army is like ~70% complete with a couple of Termigaunts and Genestealers left to paint. I got all the big monsters out of the way first. I'm looking to buy a Tyrannofex and Exocrine as my next additions since I've heard they're excellent as anti-vehicle and anti-infantry respectively.
[Anti-Godzilla Super Heavy Mass Nanometal Decisive Battle Weapon]

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Warhammer and D&D can both have their own threads as far as I'm concerned. They're both huge.
Resized Image

CrimsonBloodX
Interpol Agent

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

One of my favorite board games is Parcheesi. I played it all the time as a kid and haven't played it again until last year at my great aunt's house. Me, my sister, and our cousins had a blast.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft