NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by Anguirus »

If not Pacific Rim, Cloverfield would be neat for them to do next. I hope Neca does not stop making monster toys after their upcoming Kong.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

As mentioned in the other thread, I'd be down for more stuff in their same legally-distinct Kong universe. Don't let all that articulated bipedal reptile practice go to waste, give us some carnivores for Kong to punch out. If it's not "too risky" toss in some pterosaurs and plesiosaurs too.

DoctorWarpdrive
Samurai

Post by DoctorWarpdrive »

'55 Ultimate Doc Brown announced, plus looks at the boxes for Ultimate Marty and the "Darth Vader from Planet Vulcan" Ultimate Marty

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm not interested in buying them but these BTTF figures look great.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

ApexOversteer wrote:"You're gonna need a bigger shelf."

https://i.imgur.com/Uq4Xe3P.jpg

Oh My God...
I'm sorry, while I honestly appreciate the effort of making it in scale with the human character figures, that's dumb. Unless you're the Super Level High End Collector type with a huge house and an entire room dedicated to their collection alone with plenty of shelves and stands for display, who's even going to have the space for that? I don't need an almost yard-long Bruce, I just need one in the 7 to 10 inch range to go along with the rest of my horror/monster figures. Maybe a foot long, at most. A Bruce that size is insane.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope for an AVP version of the Queen Alien to be revealed also!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NECA Jasons are back on the menu!! Ultimate New Blood Jason just got revealed!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDAL6IQp8Tm ... n6arqkqq19

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Well, looks like I was wrong about a potential Pacific Rim reveal. Hopefully when/if the anime arrives we will receive more merchandise.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't know what you mean by "potential", there never was any potential for the Pacific Rim line to start back up. It's done, the movie has long left theaters, the sequel bombed and the anime series is stuck in development hell. Even if the latter comes out, it won't be enough for NECA to re-acquire the license.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

If the anime series is a hit I could see renewed interest.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:

Oh My God...
I'm sorry, while I honestly appreciate the effort of making it in scale with the human character figures, that's dumb. Unless you're the Super Level High End Collector type with a huge house and an entire room dedicated to their collection alone with plenty of shelves and stands for display, who's even going to have the space for that? I don't need an almost yard-long Bruce, I just need one in the 7 to 10 inch range to go along with the rest of my horror/monster figures. Maybe a foot long, at most. A Bruce that size is insane.
What's the point of even having the shark, if you can't stick Quint in its maw?? :huge:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:

Oh My God...
Well, its not the first time NECA's done in-scale sizing for larger creations. The Alien Queen and ED-209 come to mind. I'm still debating if I want to get the shark. On one end... its a shark. On the other end, its a highly detailed and articulated shark that's in scale with the rest of my horror stuff. I just really hope it comes with a display stand. I might even have to get some sort of larger scale Y-stand to have it posed ABOVE the other figures I got...

Now if only NECA would do the god damn, f'n Tremors line.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'd buy the Graboid in a heart beat.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

How do you lose the licensing to something like this before the figure even comes out? What, did Universal or Roy Scheider's estate or whoever write a "Just kidding!" on the back of the contract?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

SoggyNoodles2016

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
How do you lose the licensing to something like this before the figure even comes out? What, did Universal or Roy Scheider's estate or whoever write a "Just kidding!" on the back of the contract?
My best guess is the estate got cold feet and NECA had to out. This thing was already oked for pre-orders, so it wasn't "we made it and didn't get an ok", something came up before it hit shelves.

also, lowkey think the head looks like a bobblehead which is why i can imagine the estate bounced
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

There is a Jaws 4 The Revenge Joke in here somewhere

Its nice to see that they were able to get the F13 license back, that's pretty cool

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

Just got the Kong.

Everyone who even MODERATELY likes Kong needs to get this figure.

Holy shit.

Some of the best engineering I've ever seen on any kaiju figure. It not being in scale with Godzilla is fine by me with how good this is.

Now, to find out if people will buy the Mezco without the accessories (which BTW, do fit, with a bit of fiddling).....

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

The more I look at that Neca King Kong the more I'm just incredibly impressed at it. The detail, the articulation, it almost looks like a SHMA-sized Revoltech. The detail and quality on it is that good, and despite the "inaccuracy" complaints the Neca's head just screams 33 Kong to me

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

People sleeping on the Kong figure. It's a really great representation of Kong. Yeah the scale is whack but it's fucking great I love it.