NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by Noble Saber »

From Aliens to Yautja to T-800s, discuss all things NECA (besides Godzilla...) in this thread!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've been waiting for an Ultimate original Alien figure, since I missed out on the first release. But at least they'll be releasing an Ultimate Dog Alien soon. Can't wait for the AVPR figures, the movie may have been ass, but those designs were beast.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I just ordered the blue Aliens Ultimate Warrior. Hopefully he arrives in decent shape. I have yet to remove my City and Jungle Hunter Predators from their packaging and I've had them for well over a year now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Current NECA haul for March! Planning on opening Fugitive Predator tonight.

Last edited by Noble Saber on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Scorpion Alien? Are they calling the common drone that? I thought only the ancient Aliens toy line called the drone that.
I admit as bad idea as a kids Aliens cartoon was that was smart to cash in on Alien 3's depending on the host idea to get more toys out.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

^No, it's specifically based on the Kenner line. Normal drones without domes are referred to as Warriors.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I had the Kenner Scorpion and Gorilla Aliens as a kid. I can't wait for the NECA Scorpion. That said, their Gorilla Alien was a bit of a disappointment - he really needed shorter legs.

I scored a Leo/Shredder set from Target yesterday. Probably the only one I'll get from the cartoon line (unless they do a cartoon Slash).

Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Slash has been prototyped but Neca says there's no plans to release him in the near future.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Slash has been prototyped but Neca says there's no plans to release him in the near future.
Not even the videogame version?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Poe Ghostal wrote:I had the Kenner Scorpion and Gorilla Aliens as a kid. I can't wait for the NECA Scorpion. That said, their Gorilla Alien was a bit of a disappointment - he really needed shorter legs.
Totally agree. I held onto him for a lot longer than their Mantis Alien (which was so impossible to keep standing that I quickly sold it), but I finally sold him recently because it was too hard to keep him standing.

I just got the Scorpion Alien and I was worried at first that I somehow got a bootleg because the paint on the face was not as good as others I've seen online, but I think mine just got a bit rushed. The only real issues I have with mine is that the head doesn't really want to move on the joint (and I'm afraid to give it too much force) and that the wire in the tail ends about an inch from the stinger "club" instead of going all the way up to it. Though as long as the wire doesn't poke through, I guess it's all good.

Other than those minor issues, it is a beauty, though.
2004Zilla wrote:Current NECA haul for March! Planning on opening Fugitive Predator tonight.

I keep thinking about getting the Neomorph, especially since it's been on sale at BBTS lately, but I just hated Alien: Covenant so skreonking much that even getting figures from it feels weird. I like the Neomorph design, though.

If you do open the Neomorph, let me know how big of a pain in the butt is it to get it to pose properly or to switch heads, etc.

I may just stick with the upcoming Kenner-style figure of it that NECA is doing, but I am very tempted by this version.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

_JNavs_ wrote:I've been waiting for an Ultimate original Alien figure, since I missed out on the first release. But at least they'll be releasing an Ultimate Dog Alien soon. Can't wait for the AVPR figures, the movie may have been ass, but those designs were beast.
The Hadley’s hope set is a good alternative. It’s got some minor differences but you get the idea. It’s just a warrior with the dome.
Last edited by BARAGONZILLA on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the beginning of the end.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Really hope we get a Shredder from the 2003 series. LOVE that design

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm hoping for a 7" Movie Shredder. Would like one to go on my villains shelf.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I want Super Shredder, Tokka, and Razar. I can see them as an SDCC exclusive maybe.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I know not too many people were fans of the Bay Turtles, I personally liked them and Shredder, but I totally get the criticism.

That being said, I think if NECA ever did 7 inch Bay movie Turtles I guarantee they'd be able to capture the likeness almost perfectly and they'd sell like hot cakes just because of how limited that movie merch is.

I wish they'd get The Purge license.
There were some great designs in those films, and would work great for regular ol goons
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Wrong thread, my bad...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Current NECA haul for March! Planning on opening Fugitive Predator tonight.

I keep thinking about getting the Neomorph, especially since it's been on sale at BBTS lately, but I just hated Alien: Covenant so skreonking much that even getting figures from it feels weird. I like the Neomorph design, though.

If you do open the Neomorph, let me know how big of a pain in the butt is it to get it to pose properly or to switch heads, etc.

I may just stick with the upcoming Kenner-style figure of it that NECA is doing, but I am very tempted by this version.
I'll get it open sometime during this weekend. I've started to really like Alien: Covenant so I can't wait to snap some photos.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I want Super Shredder, Tokka, and Razar. I can see them as an SDCC exclusive maybe.
:shock: ....That would be awesome. Hell....hope we get the Shreddar and a few foot soldiers in 7 inch scale.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

2004Zilla wrote:I'll get it open sometime during this weekend. I've started to really like Alien: Covenant so I can't wait to snap some photos.
I gave in and ordered it from BBTS and shipped my Pile of Loot with it and the NECA Snake Alien and their Blue Kenner-style Alien Warrior.

Hopefully the Blue one stands better than the albino concept figure I ended up selling only a few months after getting it. But I also bought a bunch of NECA figure stands yesterday so I think I'm more prepared that nonsense. It was so nice finally getting figures like their Katniss to stand on their own instead of having to lean on sturdier figures or be prone victims.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

"Hey there! Want a balloon?"

I love this guy. I'll definitely take more photos later!
By the way, _JNavs_, how is the head on your Tim Curry Pennywise? Mine likes to fall off easily.....
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III