Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh right! I like that while Decker was able to beat the kaiju he just wasn't in time to stop the ships from sealing Earth away. That's a good plus.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I watched the first episode on YT. Dyna is one of my very favorite Ultras so Decker's looks is very reminiscent of Dyna and so I like it. I did like the first episode more than Trigger's first episode. I really liked the monster in this episode. I really hope we get many more original kaiju in this show. I miss the days of Ultraman shows being around 50 episodes, I wish we could get them back. I really like that you don't hear Decker's "voice" when the protagonist is about to get Decker's powers. I think that was cool. I am looking forward to Saturday's episode!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh boy! New episode tomorrow! Please be good!
I mean there was good stuff like Akito and Yuna got introduced and y'know we all thought the GUTS-Secret crew would get development like...woman that goes from stoic to energetic when piloting...or strong guy who is loud...and the cheap imitation Pega, Marluru...Oh but Captain Seiya was magnificent!

Trigger does have cool moments but overall it was pretty middle.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I think Trigger had fun characters that were caught in a middling show. I'm already liking how Decker is standing out from Trigger though.
Looking forward to tomorrow's episode!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yep. Yep. I'm gonna like this show.
Spoiler:
Murahoshi is literally a gigachad. A slightly ominous gigachad but.. still a gigachad. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Trigger's gonna have to start wearing a brown paper bag in public if Decker keeps stunting on him like this.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yep. Its official: It's gonna be better than Trigger. Faith restrored.

Enjoyed seeing Miclas again, its been WAY too long. Hope we see Agira soon. Seeing the Falcon being used semi-well and NOT by an obnoxious 5-year old acting girl was great too.Still dislike Deathdrago though. Nothing actually WRONG with him, but its a damn shame they butchered the amazing Hellberus suit for him. Sphere Gomora is next, and I'm kind of surprised he's in so fast.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yep, I agree. I think the 1 year time jump for training was interesting, also a smaller more intimate science team should be interesting. Liking this more than Trigger.

Also, I don't know if it's me getting old, but I can of course recognize most Kaiju from before the "New Generation" era, but when someone says "we've seen this monster before", and I have to look up the Ultraman wiki for Drathdrago, that I can't remember from a year ago? 😂🤦‍♂️.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Only two episodes in and this is already better than 90% of Trigger.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

It's interesting this show feels more tonally serious than Trigger when it's based on Dyna, which was definitely sillier than Tiga.
It seems these first two episodes are sort of about the pandemic, which I think is pretty cool.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Sad another Gomora is used early just to show off the Power-type form but only a small complaint. Enjoying also the fact that we haven’t really had too many set pieces yet, the training exercise seemed old school.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I am liking this show and I do agree that so far, it is better than Trigger. I can't help but wish that we would ONLY get new monsters. I believe that Tsuburaya spends too much money on new Ultras rather than new monsters. I am looking forward to episode #3, but it will have to wait until after I get back from Ultraman Stage show this Saturday. :)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:28 pm It's interesting this show feels more tonally serious than Trigger when it's based on Dyna, which was definitely sillier than Tiga.
It seems these first two episodes are sort of about the pandemic, which I think is pretty cool.
I noticed the pandemic parallel too, it felt very personal. There's a lot of emotion and distress there the show can work with, especially since the Spheres have shut off the Earth for a whole year.

I'm greatly enjoying Decker thus far. Kanata has big Asuka vibes, which is a good thing. I think the main trio has a lot of potential, so does Murahoshi and Kaizaki (she is from Saga!). I know this is silly but those small shots that focused on the forest gave me the impression that the director has a lot of confidence to not rush things and focus on the surroundings, which he does later when the cast stops to help the injured after Deathdrago's attack. I also noticed that the opening song has the singer reference Decker's forms like Dyna's theme did. Oh and the ending song, man is it good to hear a song by Hironobu Kageyama, who did "Ultra High" back on Dyna.

I hope the show continues to get even better, and allow the characters to grow.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Decker somehow continues to be absolutely amazing.
Spoiler:
Hanejiro is gonna be one of my favorite characters, I can already tell lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:15 pm Decker somehow continues to be absolutely amazing.
Spoiler:
Hanejiro is gonna be one of my favorite characters, I can already tell lol
Indeed. I can't believe they didn't make him super obnoxious. I was ready to hate him like I did Merlulu or whatever in Trigger. This series is such a big improvement.

Taking some more closer looks at stuff in this episode. I wonder if the purple hued form we see at the very start of Decker's transformation/summoning sequence is going to be his fourth form. Looks like a whole different suit/patterns that are enhanced with CGI. I also LOVE the transformation into Strong form. I also wonder if the supposed link/merging of the Hawk and Falcon will be this series' Mountain Gulliver or whatever, the dream robot from Dyna that also just got a recent Spark Doll.

Monsarger next episode. Suit looks... off for some reason.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Excited that everyone seems to be digging Decker! I've got a few episodes left of Dyna, then I'll start this new show.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Gomora sure gets a lot of varieties. I like that this one was a bit more action heavy, strangely satisfying when Sphere Gomora kneed Decker in the face. That was pretty neat how GUTS Select showed off they were useful before needing Decker. I kinda want a series where the strength mode is introduced last rather than magic/speed last. GUTS Select guns are cool too. I re-watched Z's episode with Gomora and I like their white rifles but GUTS's has cool sniper mode for their rifles.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Has Taiga done a crossover yet? I expected him to pop up in Z.
I won't be surprised if Kengo and Trigger show up in Decker. Sure why not one more 'smile smile' huh?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 pm Has Taiga done a crossover yet? I expected him to pop up in Z.
I won't be surprised if Kengo and Trigger show up in Decker. Sure why not one more 'smile smile' huh?
Taiga has only crossed over with others in his film and the Ultra Galaxy Fight stuff.

And Trigger's been confirmed for A LONG time to be appearing in Decker at some point.

Quote of the Year:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Poor Taiga maybe he'll get to guest star in a main series soon.
I liked this episode! It was a good episode looking more into Hanjiro. This show does humor way better than Trigger.
Spoiler:
I haven't a clue if in Dyna the monster was still a mail-order monster or if this was made up for Decker but I like it! Or Decker hitting the capsule so it stops repeating the marketing pitch.