Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dyrakro wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:28 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 pm Night Fang, Zegan, Segmeger and Hellberus would be cool for me too. Though, I know Hellberus' suit was turned into Death Draco, but maybe there's another suit?
Didn't know that about Hellberus, such a shame tho... Zegan and Snake Darkness need to return for sure! I mean if Tsuburaya reuses kaijus, why not those who barely appeared and were introduced to us just some shows before? Gomora and Red King already had way enough appearances already.

On another side note, I love how Demaaga managed to become a classic kaiju now which is also thanks to him having returned so often. Wouldn't mind to see him again in Decker, maybe even an updated Tsurugi Demaaga after being infected by Spheres
Yeah, I admit I'm glad there's a handful of New Generation kaiju that have become recurring. Demaaga is one of them for sure. I'm always glad to see Gargorgon too. I remember seeing her design for the first time back in X's magazine scans and LOVING it. Still do to this day. Five King, while just another chimera of kaiju, has taken over Ezmael's spot as my favorite chimera.

That is one thing I'll give credit to New Generation for over the Heisei era of Ultras. While there's a handful of memorable Heisei kaiju from Tiga to Mebius that are exclusive to the era, New Gen almost always knocks it out of the park with their new kaiju. Almost.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:36 pm That is one thing I'll give credit to New Generation for over the Heisei era of Ultras. While there's a handful of memorable Heisei kaiju from Tiga to Mebius that are exclusive to the era, New Gen almost always knocks it out of the park with their new kaiju. Almost.
I'd say New Gen kaijus got it a little bit easier considering how they barely got any competition aside of the classics of course. Most of the time the New Kaijus get at least an episode dedicated to them and don't simply appear out of nowhere. Tiga, Dyna and Gaia kaijus on the other hand had to compete with 40+ others to be memorable and all appeared for the first (and in more cases then not, last) time in the same season!

I'd say aside of OG Ultraman there is no season which had a whole lot of first appearing kaijus with most of them being classics now. No other Showa or Heisei season has a roster of memorable kaijus as huge as the very first.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Behold the official reveal!

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Not overly impressed
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Sphere Gomora looks cool.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 pm Sphere Gomora looks cool.
Context:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yep. Sphere Gomora is taking Neo Geomos' role. I like the design, but still kinda wish it was a returning Geomos.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I dig the designs now, especially the new Miracle Type. The plot synopsis about the host's team being comprised of rookies battling against threats after the Earth becomes a lone star is really interesting, and I hope it pays off well. Yes, all the Seven capsule kaiju is weird but I guess they gotta have something related to Ultraseven if Zero's not in the picture.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sphere Gomora actually looks really cool! Odd that Sphere Red King isn't anywhere to be seen yet though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I've always enjoyed Tiga over Dyna. But even at first glance, I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy Decker more than Trigger. First impressions are seldom wrong.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I really like Decker's design. Kinda getting pumped for this show honestly.
I'm almost through Gaia now, and I wonder if the next series will be a Gaia homage or if they'll go a different direction?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:34 am I really like Decker's design. Kinda getting pumped for this show honestly.
I'm almost through Gaia now, and I wonder if the next series will be a Gaia homage or if they'll go a different direction?
I'm pretty sure they plan doing a New Gen Gaia since they already did for his two buddies.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:34 am I really like Decker's design. Kinda getting pumped for this show honestly.
I'm pretty sure they plan doing a New Gen Gaia since they already did for his two buddies.

Do you think they might do New Gen Cosmos as well? I'm thinking Cosmos would be a good stopping point since Cosmos did well while the N-Project ultras sadly didn't do well. Also while I have been out of the loop on ultras for a bit, I don't think we have had another pacifist ultra in a while (plus alot of other toku fourms criticize the Ultra series for collateral damage from the kaiju fights).
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

darthzilla99 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:33 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Do you think they might do New Gen Cosmos as well? I'm thinking Cosmos would be a good stopping point since Cosmos did well while the N-Project ultras sadly didn't do well. Also while I have been out of the loop on ultras for a bit, I don't think we have had another pacifist ultra in a while (plus alot of other toku fourms criticize the Ultra series for collateral damage from the kaiju fights).
I'm not sure about Cosmos since the big thing right now is 25 years of Tiga-Dyna-Gaia. 2026 may have something for Cosmos (25 years since his first film). Now, TsuPro does have the next eight or so shows already planned, so who really knows. I think the real guarantee is that we'll at the very least get some specials for Cosmos and even Nexus.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Ultraman Decker's theme song artists have been confirmed! The OP will be done by SCREEN mode and the first cour's ED by Hironobu Kageyama, who is returning from Ultraman Dyna.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why are they relegating a legend like Hironobu Kageyama to the ending theme?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The official PV (promotional video) for Ultraman Decker has dropped!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 am The official PV (promotional video) for Ultraman Decker has dropped!
I'm not really seeing anything to complain about. Everything looks neat! The spheres look like they'll be captivating villains.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:25 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 am The official PV (promotional video) for Ultraman Decker has dropped!
I'm not really seeing anything to complain about. Everything looks neat! The spheres look like they'll be captivating villains.
Well, Trigger didn't look all that concerning when its PV came out but fast-forward to the actual series and... yeah.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The announcer voice is just horrible though, worse than the one in Trigger. Really wish they'd just go back to Japanese with the announcing forms.

Quote of the Year: