Official Ultraman Episode Guide

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Official Ultraman Episode Guide

Post by Angilasman »

Printed in Blood, an American publisher known for deluxe art books (especially related to the horror genre, if you couldn't tell by the name), is working on an official episode guide for the Showa Ultraman era - the 8 live action series Q through 80!

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrintedinBlo ... 3014531075

There are so many great Tsuburaya guide books in Japan. I hope they'll be mining those for material. I especially dig Narita's concept art.

o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Official Ultraman Episode Guide

Post by o.supreme »

That is cool. I'd love to have one in English. I just hope it is more in depth than (my fear), just taking all the booklets that come with the MC sets of Q-80, and binding them in book form, as there are a TON of spelling and grammatical errors.

But yeah I have a 25th anniversary Ultraman Book that covers everything from Q-Great (and all movies TV shows etc). Came out in 1991, and is unfortunately in Japanese, but the photos are awesome.

I also have the 50th anniversary TPC Book which is HUGE and covers everything from the beginning through Neo Ultra Q (came out in 2013). Not only does it cover Ultraman, but every other TPC Movie, OVA and TV series as well (Mirror Man, Mighty Jack, Dinosaur series etc...)

If what is proposed for an English series guide is along this line, I will be happy.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

This sounds like a good thing. Any progress on it at all?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Nope. I forgot I even made this thread! But publishing usually takes a while?