Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by MaxRebo320 »

It was fun seeing Banilla and Aboras again, even if their suits looked a bit rough. It's just too bad I care so little about the actual storyline in Trigger to the point where I zoned out any time those two weren't on-screen.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pretty solid episode. None of the humans were overly obnoxious again. It's a god damn shame the series is becoming more tolerable at the tail end of it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

That was a fun fight! There really isn't too much to Aboras and Banilla than the gimmick that they are together but it was cool seeing them fight then Trigger and Dark Trigger team up. "I THOUGHT WE WERE BROS IGNIS!?" Eh it'll be fine. I do like how sometimes Glitter Trigger just shows up to deliver the final blow and it helps make the sense that Glitter really is that much more powerful.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, Last Game was a pretty big improvement on the last few episodes we've gotten. Hopefully, we can expect similar, if not better quality for the final 3 episodes?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah that felt pretty good seeing Hundram get some punishment.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well thought I'd post it here since we don't really have a general Ultra thread anymore.
https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/12/ ... tZWoziy3_o

Doesn't want to make changes for the western audiences. I get what they're saying but a part of me is like 'well didn't in the past you guys tried expanding out westward? Ultraman the Great and Powered and of course a certain company in South East Asia?' At the same time I recall the Ultraman manga sure seemed to make a lot of changes that feels like of like it wants to separate from the lore a lot...cool armor and staying human sized rather than growing giant.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:32 pm Well thought I'd post it here since we don't really have a general Ultra thread anymore.

Doesn't want to make changes for the western audiences. I get what they're saying but a part of me is like 'well didn't in the past you guys tried expanding out westward? Ultraman the Great and Powered and of course a certain company in South East Asia?' At the same time I recall the Ultraman manga sure seemed to make a lot of changes that feels like of like it wants to separate from the lore a lot...cool armor and staying human sized rather than growing giant.
Yeah, but the manga is *STILL* Japanese and is still directly related to the original Ultraman, though with some changes in history. But the Land of Light and the Ultras still, technically, exist.

I'm reading this more akin to TPC vowing not to turn their creation into Power Rangers or a repeat of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad. With the toy gimmicks of New Generation, it'd be remarkably easy to Power Ranger-ify the newer shows. I'm glad they're not.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:32 pm since we don't really have a general Ultra thread anymore.
I made an attempt at one a couple months after ULTRA-THREAD 2.0 got yeeted but it's gone under.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:55 pm I'm reading this more akin to TPC vowing not to turn their creation into Power Rangers or a repeat of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad. With the toy gimmicks of New Generation, it'd be remarkably easy to Power Ranger-ify the newer shows. I'm glad they're not.
I saw this a few days ago. A lot of it is also they see the forced politics and checking of boxes that goes on in Western Media, and they want to make sure that dosen't happen,. Despite getting many offers, they refuse movie TV deals, which is admirable. Sure there is the Marvel Comic, but you can bet TPC has very close oversight of that.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:35 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:55 pm I'm reading this more akin to TPC vowing not to turn their creation into Power Rangers or a repeat of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad. With the toy gimmicks of New Generation, it'd be remarkably easy to Power Ranger-ify the newer shows. I'm glad they're not.
I saw this a few days ago. A lot of it is also they see the forced politics and checking of boxes that goes on in Western Media, and they want to make sure that dosen't happen,. Despite getting many offers, they refuse movie TV deals, which is admirable. Sure there is the Marvel Comic, but you can bet TPC has very close oversight of that.
Lol, well, to be fair... The series itself has always had a bit more of a liberal feel to it, with the protagonist always wishing for peace, making friends with monsters and aliens, etc. Especially now days.

Quote of the Year:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Haven't watched new episode but remember how exciting it was to come here and talk about Z?
Hell remember when Trigger started on Mars and how exciting that was?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:32 pm Well thought I'd post it here since we don't really have a general Ultra thread anymore.

I love that article, I'm glad Mr. Tsukagoshi is striving to keep the series what it is. I want them to keep the cultural identity of Ultraman, good to know he's in the same boat. There's a level of humanity found in this series that would be lost in translation with Hollywood.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, Trigger is wrapping things up. The past handful of episodes have been, dare I say it... Pretty decent. It's still too little far too late to salvage it though. The amount of character building for the Dark Giants done so fast should have been done throughout... Oh I don't know... THE WHOLE SERIES. I mean yeah, I like them more now. But it would have been a lot better to see MORE of Hudra's lunacy and bloodlust and Darrgon's "nobility." But I guess what little we got is better than nothing. But I am fairly sure if this angle and "Mexican Stand Off"-ishness of the Dark Giants with Trigger and GUTS in the crossfire would have been explored properly throughout the season... It'd have bumped this series up on its own while also making them some of the best baddies of the franchise.

As for the new Megalothor... I LOVE IT. I have a HUGE weakness for Lovecraftian kaiju and this is one of my most favorite yet. And the fact it's going to be turning into a sort of Gatanozoa (Yes, I know, outdated name), this has me more excited for anything in this season has managed to do since it started.

So the season has gotten better since, I want to say the Barrigueler or whatever (the blue Goro Thunder) episode. Just a damn shame the whole season couldn't have at least matched it...

Human characters are still trash, but Kengo has gotten a bit less annoying lately also.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:11 pm Well, Trigger is wrapping things up. The past handful of episodes have been, dare I say it... Pretty decent. It's still too little far too late to salvage it though. The amount of character building for the Dark Giants done so fast should have been done throughout... Oh I don't know... THE WHOLE SERIES. I mean yeah, I like them more now. But it would have been a lot better to see MORE of Hudra's lunacy and bloodlust and Darrgon's "nobility." But I guess what little we got is better than nothing. But I am fairly sure if this angle and "Mexican Stand Off"-ishness of the Dark Giants with Trigger and GUTS in the crossfire would have been explored properly throughout the season... It'd have bumped this series up on its own while also making them some of the best baddies of the franchise.

As for the new Megalothor... I LOVE IT. I have a HUGE weakness for Lovecraftian kaiju and this is one of my most favorite yet. And the fact it's going to be turning into a sort of Gatanozoa (Yes, I know, outdated name), this has me more excited for anything in this season has managed to do since it started.

So the season has gotten better since, I want to say the Barrigueler or whatever (the blue Goro Thunder) episode. Just a damn shame the whole season couldn't have at least matched it...

When do you think we’ll get our first reveal for Ultraman Decker?
Human characters are still trash, but Kengo has gotten a bit less annoying lately also.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 am When do you think we’ll get our first reveal for Ultraman Decker?
Probably May since the Trigger finale is late.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:45 amLol, well, to be fair... The series itself has always had a bit more of a liberal feel to it, with the protagonist always wishing for peace, making friends with monsters and aliens, etc. Especially now days.
If anything, Ultraman becoming more political is only a natural evolution. The very classic shows would often touch upon topics currently plaguing society. Likewise plenty of classic comic books that are currently being adapted for film and TV. I'd say the more recent Ultraman shows have taken a step back, likely due to their more overt toy commercial format, but the series still undeniably retains a progressive, humanist tone consistently. But I'd love a more overtly political series some day.

People bitching and moaning about franchises becoming "too political" (Be it comic adaptations, Star Wars, etc.) are big babies who must have never paid attention to the content they claim to like so much.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:42 pm People bitching and moaning about franchises becoming "too political" (Be it comic adaptations, Star Wars, etc.) are big babies who must have never paid attention to the content they claim to like so much.
Yep, totally those babies fault that movies like and The Eternals, and The 355 failed, because they are terrible people, not at all because those movies were bad. Also completely their faults that crowd pleasing films like Spider-Man No Way Home, that just gives the audience what it wants, a fun experience, is a monster success, even during a pandemic. :roll: .

Totally their fault because they don't like reading about Superman being prison raped, because that is so bold and different, and not at all DC allowing the fan fiction of a sick mind to be published.

Sorry...I'm glad TPC is protecting their IP from awful western media ideas.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I remember Homecoming had people complain that it was too diverse...the major port city of New York with a high school for gifted kids...was too diverse. Also No Way Home has the major crime of remember berries so 0 out of 10. But seriously it was really good.
Z's remember berries of Ace was really good not to get off topic.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

o.supreme wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 pm Totally their fault because they don't like reading about Superman being prison raped, because that is so bold and different, and not at all DC allowing the fan fiction of a sick mind to be published.

Quote of the Year:

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

:roll:
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.