Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Re: Official "Ultraman Trigger" Thread

Post by Saturndusk »

Could possibly just be me but during the OP when it’s gets to Ignis and there’s an Ultra shadowed by darkness on the building, does it not look like Dyna?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:21 pm Well, episode 04 was the best episode since the first. None of the characters were overly obnoxious (for once) and the fight scenes were good. Probably the best use of Gubira since the monster's reintroduction in Saga as well. Could this be the start up a recovery for the series? Fingers crossed.

Also, I am 100% convinced Ignis is an Alien Barossa, the butterfly winged space pirate/thief/sword fetishist from Z. The markings on his face look a lot like Barossa's wings.
I agree, mostly. I thought Gubila and the destruction surrounding it were well done. Even if it's simple, I liked that the episode had an actual plot, and Oku-Gubila had an actual origin rather than a monster that randomly got thrown in. I believe Ignis is a Barossa as well. I liked that he had the ploom of that monster from Orb (forge the name).

It's a bit strange to me how we're only four episodes in though. In comparison to the past ones, it seems a bit more plot heavy. I'm optimistic, but still worried.

In any case, I think we can all agree the action for this series will be fantastic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Ok, so am I the only one that feels Ignis is a "wanna-be" Juggler? I mean Juggler was never my favorite character, but for a rogue, I get why people like him, and the more appearances he makes, the better he gets. He definitely made Z better by his presence.

But Ignis just isn't compelling to me. I guess we'll see if his character develops over the series, or if they do anything interesting with him.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

o.supreme wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:02 am Ok, so am I the only one that feels Ignis is a "wanna-be" Juggler? I mean Juggler was never my favorite character, but for a rogue, I get why people like him, and the more appearances he makes, the better he gets. He definitely made Z better by his presence.

But Ignis just isn't compelling to me. I guess we'll see if his character develops over the series, or if they do anything interesting with him.
I get what you're saying completely. I think the problem is Juggler always walked the line between good and evil and left you wondering exactly where he fell and what he would do. We saw him do horrible things, attack cities and then save people, all while being super charismatic. Ignis is obviously going to end up a good guy and an ally of Trigger. There's no real mystery behind him or what he's after.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Spoiler:
Well, i guess there goes Gubila's lucky streak of surviving and being spared.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 am I get what you're saying completely. I think the problem is Juggler always walked the line between good and evil and left you wondering exactly where he fell and what he would do. We saw him do horrible things, attack cities and then save people, all while being super charismatic. Ignis is obviously going to end up a good guy and an ally of Trigger. There's no real mystery behind him or what he's after.
If you're evil but handsome, you're "morally grey" :lol:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 am I get what you're saying completely. I think the problem is Juggler always walked the line between good and evil and left you wondering exactly where he fell and what he would do. We saw him do horrible things, attack cities and then save people, all while being super charismatic. Ignis is obviously going to end up a good guy and an ally of Trigger. There's no real mystery behind him or what he's after.
If you're evil but handsome, you're "morally grey" :lol:
Huh. So THAT'S why I haven't been banned again for sometime.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm kinda split on Episode 5 right now.. i dunno maybe the next bits will help save it.

EDIT: (copy-pasting this from the Nwbula M78 Reddit)
Spoiler:
Okay, now i'm really wondering how Darrgon's character is gonna go. He's the most willing to spare everyone he fights as long as he gets a good fight out of it, and also seems to start respecting humans now. Kinda wondering if he's gonna pull a Heel-Face turn.

Beyond that, everything else was fine too! Wasn't really too interested in Akito's origin though, too focused on Deathdrago and Darrgon.. although i got a good laugh out of Yuna's bitch slap lol
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm hoping this episode sparks an increase in quality. After all, this is the guy behind the Bullton episode in Z directing so it can't be that bad, right? Less "sMiLE SmIlE", please?

Added in 1 hour 8 minutes 41 seconds:
It definitely was better than the last 3 episodes. Not as good as Episode 1 but still an improvement.
Spoiler:
Honestly, I do wish Akito got a chance to help Trigger defeat Deathdrago, though.
Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Also,
Spoiler:
Yuna b***h-slapping Darrgon was pretty funny

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I think now that the series seems to be done laying down the basics on the villains, cast, and Trigger's forms, it should be getting better. As others have said, Darrgon's sense of warrior pride could make for an interesting inner conflict with him, or maybe he's an antagonist with layers. Certainly I feel like it'll be more than just wanting to settle a score with Trigger like his original Tiga counterpart.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The show is improving, finally got around to watching episode 5 and thought it was pretty good, better than the first 4 episodes, and so was episode 6. I think it’s finding its stride, still not amazing, but it’s good.

Deathdrago was a pretty cool new kaiju, liked the lopsided design with the blown off antler.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Episode 5 was a step up and Deathdrago is a cool monster.
Episode 6 was very good, love how they build up Satandelo as this big threat that needed GUTS, Trigger, and Ignis to work together to stop. Hudram is great to see again and I love the sunset setting they used for Hudram vs. Trigger again.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I fell behind and watched episode 5. I rather liked it and it was a nice touch that Akito found some person piece not in destroying the monster but something more personal.
Also I was so sure Deathdrago was a creature from the Heisei era so I'm shocked it is brand new.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Next episode is gonna be our Zett team-up!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Powered Dada has been confirmed via Telebi-kun.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:49 am
Spoiler:
What timeline are we living in?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spoiler:
Good God. I still can't believe it. Now, hopefully, we one day get the fusion form of an Ultra.... and we get Ultraman Great Powered!

Also... Trigger Dark!?

Quote of the Year:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:57 pm
Spoiler:
Good God. I still can't believe it. Now, hopefully, we one day get the fusion form of an Ultra.... and we get Ultraman Great Powered!
Spoiler:
Also... Trigger Dark!?

Might wanna spoiler that but yes, he's here.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:35 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also... Trigger Dark!?

Its not even a spoiler, dude.

Quote of the Year:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:35 am

Spoiler:
Also... Trigger Dark!?

Its not even a spoiler, dude.
How is it not? This isn't just a MOTW like the zebracomputerman is. We're dealing with someone who'll undoubtedly be important to the plot and hasn't debuted in the series itself.