Official "Ultraman Ace" thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Official "Ultraman Ace" thread

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah the last few Ace episodes have been really enjoyable. It is weird how the monsters are kind of comical but like the human parts seem really sincere. I got half way through the violin one and I'm wondering if we're supposed to be siding with the kid,I sure am, or if we're supposed to side more with his mom for making him take violin.
And oh god the Ultra shows know how to make cars scary. I got anxiety from the one Return of Ultraman episode where an alien was messing with lights and perception and cars would keep crashing into each other.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:05 pm And oh god the Ultra shows know how to make cars scary. I got anxiety from the one Return of Ultraman episode where an alien was messing with lights and perception and cars would keep crashing into each other.
Ooh, there's a bit in Taro you're not gonna like then. I wanna say it's the last episode of the Birdon 3-parter.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Uh-oh. Well got that and a dogs being killed by kaiju warning.
Yeah the traffic anxiety was done really well with all the chaos cause by the traffic signal choji.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well at least the second dog I saw survived by the weird overweight laughing kaiju in Taro.
But finished Ace and yeah that was a pretty alright ending, random 'don't transform in front of people' random thing aside.
I'm glad Ace's speech added 'keep trusting foreigners, give them a chance, even if every once in a while it might bite you.' Since hey that was kinda the message I was getting was 'don't trust foreigners/aliens they might actually be a bad guy playing innocent!'