Tsubaraya's Cutting Room Floor

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Tsubaraya's Cutting Room Floor

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Before Shin Ultraman, there was Ultraman Shinhen.
Believe it or not, this guy could've almost become the face of Towards the Future.

OrnithopodaistheBest
Samurai

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Before being the giant aquatic lizard obsessed with chocolate we all know and love, Guesra was to be portrayed by a spikier, recycled Mothra larva prop.

Likewise, I'm sure many here are aware of the fact that Saigo, a squat monster from episode 38 would have been Man's final opponent in place of Zetton. Imagine if they went with that... Perhaps on an alternate dimension, the big bad threat of Ultraman Saga was a Hyper Saigo.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 pm Before Shin Ultraman, there was Ultraman Shinhen.
Believe it or not, this guy could've almost become the face of Towards the Future.
You sure that's Narita's Ultraman Great design? IIRC, it was this one. That one looks more akin to his general humanoid artwork he did post Ultra.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Megalon-5 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 pm Before Shin Ultraman, there was Ultraman Shinhen.
You sure that's Narita's Ultraman Great design? IIRC, it was this one. That one looks more akin to his general humanoid artwork he did post Ultra.

I don't know if the two pieces are directly connected but they both have similar palettes so I made the connection.

What I do know is that the one I posted is indeed supposed to be an Ultra. Multiple Japanese sources I've found state so.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Mind dropping them? Would be super stoked to see Narita's third take on an Ultra idea after the Man/Seven template.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I dislike DRC even more, now. We could've got this beaut instead.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Well, there’s the original plans for Nexus’ conclusion before the episode count got trimmed. Would have had this lad, Dark Lucifer, as a revived Dark Zagi.

Or perhaps he wouldn’t have been in the actual show, because the Ultra wiki says the original plan was for the Ultra N Project (Ultraman the Next and Nexus, plus some stage shows in between) to conclude with a movie, called Ultraman 2: Requiem, that got canned in favor of the Mebius movie. So Dark Lucifer may have been the antagonist of that instead.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:41 pm Or perhaps he wouldn’t have been in the actual show, because the Ultra wiki says the original plan was for the Ultra N Project (Ultraman the Next and Nexus, plus some stage shows in between) to conclude with a movie, called Ultraman 2: Requiem, that got canned in favor of the Mebius movie. So Dark Lucifer may have been the antagonist of that instead.
No, it was meant for the series. Ultraman 2: Requiem was going to be in 2004 and would've had an entirely seperate villain named Requiem, whose suit would later be reworked into Reibatos.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:05 pm No, it was meant for the series. Ultraman 2: Requiem was going to be in 2004 and would've had an entirely seperate villain named Requiem, whose suit would later be reworked into Reibatos.
Ah, that makes sense.

Wish we could have seen that movie happen, I bet it would have been amazing, too bad Nexus tanked.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tons of unused concepts for Shin Ultraman's version of Alien Mephilas.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:17 pm I dislike DRC even more, now. We could've got this beaut instead.
What the hell is DRC?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:27 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:17 pm I dislike DRC even more, now. We could've got this beaut instead.
What the hell is DRC?
I believe it’s shorthand for “Delta Rise Claw”, a form of Ultraman Z.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:27 pm
What the hell is DRC?
I believe it’s shorthand for “Delta Rise Claw”, a form of Ultraman Z.
Yup.