Official "Ultraman Powered/The Ultimate Hero" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Official "Ultraman Powered/The Ultimate Hero" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since I will start watching Powered tomorrow, I might as well beat eabaker at making the thread. Sim

Added in 19 hours 56 minutes 41 seconds:
I'm watching it right now. I have to say, Powered is amking a much better first impression than Great. Hopefully, I can forgive the infamously bad suitmation that's about to reveal itself.

Added in 9 minutes 55 seconds:
First episode is finished. Personally, I liked everything except for the land portions of the Baltan fight.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Official "Ultraman Powered/The Ultimate Hero" Thread

Post by daveblackeye15 »

If people call Ultraman the Great boring and uninteresting then they haven't watched Powered.
I love the suit designs though! They're just too good!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

He just called "Kemura" an oversized iguana. Wrong 1990s reptilian kaiju, Kai!

Added in 4 minutes 14 seconds:
daveblackeye15 wrote:I love the suit designs though! They're just too good!
I know! My favorites are Red King, Dorako, and Baltan.

Added in 38 seconds:
Also, Kemular's acting a bit too much like Skydon.

Added in 30 minutes 3 seconds:
I'm at the Red King vs Ultraman fight right now. If you put the playback speed at 1.25, the battles are a whole lot easier to watch.

Added in 52 minutes 53 seconds:
The Specium Ray for this show has to be the best one I've ever seen.

Added in 46 minutes 57 seconds:
I'm at Jamila's episode. Doubt they'll top Jissoji's legendary episode but hopefully, this won't be my least favorite episode.

Added in 18 minutes 6 seconds:
Eyyyyy, combat that I don't have to speed up!

Added in 10 minutes 47 seconds:
hat was a go0dmepsiode. The drama and conflict was well executed,

Added in 1 hour 12 minutes 20 seconds:
I wonder why the Zambolar episode was so goddang boring. Oh well, time for The Dada Effect!

Added in 4 minutes 35 seconds:
That guy was humming the theme for the original Ultraman series!

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
he got turned to coke

Added in 29 minutes 26 seconds:
Unfortunately, The Dada Effect wasn't that much more exciting than The Fires Below. However, I will rank it higher than that episode because of the fight, which while limited, can actually count as a fight.

Added in 1 hour 51 minutes 4 seconds:
Update. The Aboras/Banila and Pestar episodes were both good but I'll have to say the former is better

Added in 42 minutes 51 seconds:
Gomora was great but his episode was average.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I did end up watching a couple episodes. It's pretty alright for what it's worth, seems to be better than Powered at least. Now all i need is to watch Joneus and the set is complete!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I forgot about Red King!

Added in 43 seconds:
Gigantis wrote:I did end up watching a couple episodes. It's pretty alright for what it's worth, seems to be better than Powered at least. Now all i need is to watch Joneus and the set is complete!
Wrong thread, m8

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
Did he just kill Red King that fast?

Added in 23 minutes 20 seconds:
Whatever they were doing wrong for the Gomora episode, they definitely fixed. Unless the Zetton episode can top this, I'm calling right now that Falling Stars Spell Trouble is my allt-ime favorite episode of Powered.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The handling of the suitmation may be sub-par, but the same can not be said about the design of the monster suits themselves.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Man, this show is awful. It just lacks the spirit of Ultraman. Takes classic '66 stories and leaves nothing but a stiff understanding of what makes this series work. Don't get me started on the ending...

There's this toku youtuber who's close to finishing his video covering this show's troubling production, can't wait to learn more.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Wish the Powered kaiju could return, keeping their gnarly redesigns but with better materials so they can have proper battle scenes. Except Pigmon. Skreeeonk Powered Pigmon.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^Especially Dorako. Seriously, why haven't they used it yet?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ultraman Powered Production History – ULTRA BLOG DX
https://www.google.de/amp/s/ultrablogdx ... story/amp/

For anyone interested in this show.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Maeda is a fantastic creature designer. All the Powered kaiju look awesome though I do prefer the more traditional Baltan designs.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Has Mill Creek released this series on Blu-ray yet, or are they going to?

I remember seeing an announcement for this series back in the day and thought it sounded interesting.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am Has Mill Creek released this series on Blu-ray yet, or are they going to?

I remember seeing an announcement for this series back in the day and thought it sounded interesting.
It's not on their list.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Both Powered & Ultimate Hero have been released on BRD by TPC in Japan. You purchase them directly from Japan, but they'll set you back about $150.00 USD each (but they do have the original English audio for both). Or you can watch them for free on YT 8-) . I'm hoping that if all goes well after MC releases everything they initially negotiated for, that there will be an extension that includes these 2 series along with a few more missing ones.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!