SRS Cinemas Licenses Bicheongoesu/Flying Monster (1984)

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

SRS Cinemas Licenses Bicheongoesu/Flying Monster (1984)

Post by MaxRebo320 »

(Don't think this has been posted elsewhere)
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2020 ... g-monster/

SRS Cinemas, known for their releases of shlocky backyard Kaiju movies, have apparently acquired the rights to Bicheongoesu/The Flying Monster, a 1984 South Korean movie that utilizes stock footage from Ultraman, Return of Ultraman, Ultraman Ace, Fireman and also monster footage seen in numerous Taiwanese movies (Who's exact source is not known).

I do find this announcement...suspicious. According to someone I know, the head of SRS claims they purchased the rights from Tsuburaya (Which would seem to imply the production of the movie was a legitimate one), but nowhere in the article in this mentioned. Said article also claims those to be Japanese posters, which they aren't, and only mentions it using footage from Return of Ultraman, when several other shows were used. Nevertheless, if this does get released (Legit or not), I'm getting it.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Re: SRS Cinemas Licenses Bicheongoesu/Flying Monster (1984)

Post by Angilasman »

This is so bizarre. Hopefully I'll be picking this one up.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I recognize two of those Ultra kaiju.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Them constantly referring to it as a "lost movie" is kind of cringe-worthy (The term has been getting thrown around way too liberally), but it's happening, and I'm stoked...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdlYRjS ... SCinemaLLC
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

It would be great if SRS Cinema could post actual specs for their releases

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I just saw this up on their site. Being that the monsters are all stock footage from various Ultraman series and other sources, is this worth getting?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Vakanai wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:24 pm I just saw this up on their site. Being that the monsters are all stock footage from various Ultraman series and other sources, is this worth getting?
Just watched it. It's actually way better than expected. The human plot is gripping, emotional and theres real character development. But the finale of the movie (the last 25 minutes or so) is a mess. It's one Ultraman monster stock footage scene after the other and nothing else really happes anymore
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Purzel2205 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:24 pm I just saw this up on their site. Being that the monsters are all stock footage from various Ultraman series and other sources, is this worth getting?
Just watched it. It's actually way better than expected. The human plot is gripping, emotional and theres real character development. But the finale of the movie (the last 25 minutes or so) is a mess. It's one Ultraman monster stock footage scene after the other and nothing else really happes anymore
Is the stock footage only ultra shows or are there any footage from other lost asian movies? I might get this movie if for no other reason than for more cultural exposure.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

darthzilla99 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Purzel2205 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Is the stock footage only ultra shows or are there any footage from other lost asian movies? I might get this movie if for no other reason than for more cultural exposure.
It also features a very random scene showing a dragon from the Taiwanese movie Hai mo (1975)
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...