Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:33 pm I think the head writer died with only like two episodes done though. So it's not like mid-way there was a massive shift.
As tvtropes list it...
Kota Fukihara was the main writer◊ of Ultraman Z since the first two episodes, but with the news of his death in May 18, Kiyotaka Taguchi took over his role as the story editor.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Ah okay, the one thing I was wondering about was the devil splinters. Maybe they intended to do more with that? Or was it just an excuse to be able to use Belial related creatures? I think the devil splinters are only in the first two episodes.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^There's a bunch of things they introduced and dropped. For an example, Zett only used the Z Lance Arrow twice and none of those instances were after episode 10.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

That's pretty typical for these Toku shows though. They get a new weapon/attack that kinda out-grades the old one and I think it's a little easier to track in a 25/26 episode show. I'm watching Super Sentai Go Go V and their normal sized finishing move was an assembled bazooka. Then about 22ish episodes in they got these lances that turn into machine guns and they are sorta phasing out that bazooka. So I dunno I kind of figured that would happen with the Z-Lance once he got his final form. I did like that he used the Lance a few times afterward. That said I was sorta wondering if they'd explain how that thing got in Alaska but maybe that was always going to be a riddle for the ages.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to guess Ultras that Zett's inevitable new form will harness powers from?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Meant to add that the Z Lance got overlapped by the Z-Riser finishing moves.

Hm I bet this next form has Omega but I kind of like Upsilon. The latter is not a word you hear that often.
Hm...first gimmick that came to mind was uniting with foreign Ultras. Oh yeah apparently Z is from a different place than The Land of Light so he's pretty much a foreigner, like how Gen/Leo are. But I meant more foreign as in made by a foreign company. So let's have uh Upsilon Foreign be made from: Ultraman the Great, Ultraman the Ultimate Hero and...Hannuhman!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:15 pm Meant to add that the Z Lance got overlapped by the Z-Riser finishing moves.

Hm I bet this next form has Omega but I kind of like Upsilon. The latter is not a word you hear that often.
Hm...first gimmick that came to mind was uniting with foreign Ultras. Oh yeah apparently Z is from a different place than The Land of Light so he's pretty much a foreigner, like how Gen/Leo are. But I meant more foreign as in made by a foreign company. So let's have uh Upsilon Foreign be made from: Ultraman the Great, Ultraman the Ultimate Hero and...Hannuhman!
Replace Hanuman with one of the USA trio (probably Scott) and that's plausible.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Huh what's the U.S. trio and this Scott? I was trying to think of other Non-Japanese Ultras and yeah Hannuhman is a gag...but if it pisses off some executives that caused a lot of grief I'm for Ultraman Hannuh!
Admittedly Powered and Great are pretty vanilla designs since they were based off the original.

Edit: Oh right forgot about Ultraman: The Adventure Begins. I thought that was The Ultraman anime. Okay foreign co-production.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Wow. Z's been such a success the trending social media topic in Japan is that next season should just be Z Season 2 and the official Twitter account is tweeting about it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Angilasman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:10 am Wow. Z's been such a success the trending social media topic in Japan is that next season should just be Z Season 2 and the official Twitter account is tweeting about it.
Gotta get pretty popular in order to get part of a top twenty show countdown by Nerdds!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Here's a nice write-up.
https://ourculturemag.com/2020/12/16/fa ... ltraman-z/

Hm I'd love an Ultraman Z-2 (Ultraman ZZ?) if it had the same people behind it but I don't want them to be forced.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:01 pm Anyone care to guess Ultras that Zett's inevitable new form will harness powers from?
With the likely guest Ultras in the movie the medals are already there so I don’t know how they could pull that off especially with the toyeticness in play they’ve made practically every medal about already unless they do a new rivals-type thing like for DRC

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:29 pm
Overall, best Ultraman Series since Mebius with Taiga a near second. But I sort of wish instead of making a new ultra man series, they come back with a second season.
I feel like that’s an unfair comparison with the episode count. Mebius had so much more time to give insight and nuances to the main cast. unless they do pull off a second season but there’d have to be more a shift in the setting right now , especially with the ending.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I wouldn't be upset if Sigma Breaster appeared in The Movie I like the look of it. Overall this show did a nice job of giving all his forms LOTS of attention and making each one unique. Delta Rise isn't just A+ in ever stat. I mean we got to see his other forms in the second to last episode. In Geed I found myself hankering more for his Solid Burning and Magnificent forms. Yeah hopefully if the next Ultra show has different forms they do them a little more like how they did it in Z.

I thought Tetrite Cross was another video game Z form but that's Geed's and I kinda like the look of that too.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think it makes sense if Z had a form that consisted of Ultraman, Tiga and Taiga for me movie. The whole Showa/ Heisei/ Reiwa thing?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^I think Ginga would be better since he was the first of the New Generation. Taiga was the last.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah Ultraman, Tiga, Ginga makes a little more sense. I was 'but Taiga is the last of that batch?'

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

And someone pointed this out in the comments section! We got a blooper if you're eagle eyed!
https://youtu.be/U7puULL1DUU?t=1396
@23:17
If you look above around the plant you can spot one of the staff with a health mask on. Oops!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:18 pm And someone pointed this out in the comments section! We got a blooper if you're eagle eyed!
https://youtu.be/U7puULL1DUU?t=1396
@23:17
If you look above around the plant you can spot one of the staff with a health mask on. Oops!
Oh no! That's hilarious!
But also something that can probably be easily cut out/altered in subsequent releases.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I was kind of hoping for the finale we'd see Riku and Zero come back for a big battle but I'm kind of okay they didn't
Actually my first thought was that maybe several kaiju would come back and help Z and the robots for the final battle. I guess after episode 23 that might have been too obvious. I mean it could have been a neat message of 'destroy the monsters only when you can.' So I'd love it if after Haruki and Yoko started seeing the monsters a little more sympathetically, when they can be, there is suddenly several monsters coming to help with Z and the robots but I guess after the Earth rebelled against Ultroid Zero it wouldn't feel THAT sincere.
And a little Red King helping at the back!

So maybe the next series several spared monsters come back to help?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm kinda torn if i wanna watch the STORAGE Special or not. It's just another recap, but then again, it's also gonna be the last thing i watch of this show besides clips online by other YouTubers and/or when i get the Mill Creek boxset.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:25 am I'm kinda torn if i wanna watch the STORAGE Special or not. It's just another recap, but then again, it's also gonna be the last thing i watch of this show besides clips online by other YouTubers and/or when i get the Mill Creek boxset.
I'm making the plunge. Pretty sure that the magazine that first revealed this episode mentioned new footage.

Added in 26 minutes 42 seconds:
They didn't just call Tiga Taiga, did they?

By the way, I was wrong.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.