Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Notice of "Sin Ultraman" movie
It is scheduled to be released in 2021 and the production of the movie "Shin Ultraman" has been announced.
Hideaki Kuwano will participate as a plan and script in the Higuchi group led by Makoto Higuchi.
In addition, the draft study draft is unprinted on February 5, 2019, and Konno is scheduled to join the Higuchi group in earnest after the "Shin Evangelion Movie version" is completed.
Thank you very much.

Production: Tsuburaya Productions Co., Ltd., Toho Co., Ltd., Color Co., Ltd.
Distribution: Toho Co., Ltd.
Release date: scheduled

for 2021 Please contact Toho Co., Ltd. for inquiries.
Please note that we can not reply.

RELEASE NEWS - A NEW FILM "SHIN ULTRAMAN"

Tokyo, August 1St 2019 - A New Film Production Of "SHIN ULTRAMAN" Was Publicly Announced Today The New Movie Will Come To Theaters In 2021..
Hideaki Anno Will Join A Film Team, Higuchi- First draft script has been completed in February 5th, 2019. Anno will fully join the project after finishing his “EVANGELION: 3.0 + 1.0” film.

Presented by: Tsuburaya Productions Co., Ltd.
       Toho Co., Ltd.
       Khara, Inc.
Distributed by: Toho Co., Ltd.
Release: 2021

Toho Co., Ltd. Will take care of public communications. Please get contact with Toho regarding this project.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 11, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Shin Ultraman Officially announced

Post by Stump Feet »

Get fucking hyped, let’s GO!
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

As hyped as I am for this is it really necessary I'd rather see that awesome short film get expanded than this so meh
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I am hoping this leads to Shin Ultraman vs Shin Godzilla. That's movie would be amazing!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

said it once and i'll say it one more time: it really feels like Anno just wants to cancel 4.0,but doesn't wanna dissapoint EVA fans. so he keeps on postponing it and goes towards another project.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

OGMechaMothra wrote:I am hoping this leads to Shin Ultraman vs Shin Godzilla. That's movie would be amazing!
I mean that's probably gonna happen since Toho's involved and marketing it under the Shin name

Added in 3 minutes 21 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:said it once and i'll say it one more time: it really feels like Anno just wants to cancel 4.0,but doesn't wanna dissapoint EVA fans. so he keeps on postponing it and goes towards another project.
He's supposed to fully come on board after finishing Eva
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

oh....3.0+1.0 IS 4.0. my bad,i had a bad brain fart there :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Don't blame youself it can easily be split into 2 films

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

OGMechaMothra wrote:I am hoping this leads to Shin Ultraman vs Shin Godzilla. That's movie would be amazing!
I wouldn’t be surprised if SHIN ULTRAMAN is actually in the same universe as SHIN GODZILLA honestly. Something that sticks out to me is Toho is helping produce the film, AND they’re the ones distributing this. I mean Khara(Annos studio) and Toho have been doing that Evangelion/Godzilla crossover collaboration since 2016. Maybe they realized that an actual Evangelion/Godzilla movie wouldn’t work for whatever reason and they brought in Tsuburyua to bring in Ultraman..

Also before anyone asks, yes this belongs in the “Reiwa Era” section since Toho is involved.
Last edited by Cookson on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cookson wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if SHIN ULTRAMAN is actually in the same universe as SHIN GODZILLA honestly. Something that sticks out to me is Toho is helping produce the film, AND they’re the ones distributing this. I mean Khara(Annos studio) and Toho have been doing that Evangelion/Godzilla crossover collaboration since 2016. Maybe they realized that an actual Evangelion/Godzilla movie wouldn’t work for whatever reason and they brought in Tsuburyua to bring in Ultraman..

Also before anyone asks, yes this belongs in the “Reiwa Era” section since Toho is involved.
You know if a crossover does happen, then out of the 4 big franchises of giant monsters Gamera is the only one left he didn't do a crossover with.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Excited, but no film cross overs with Shin please. :)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It being called SHIN ULTRAMAN is what’s having me think that too. Why in the world would you call it that and not just “Ultraman: ..........” ? Since Toho is heavily involved here there’s a chance imo it could be the case.

If so I kind of like the trickery here... forever they said there wouldn’t be a “Shin Godzilla 2”. Technically this wouldn’t.. but sorta is. Lol

Holy poop what if Ultraman fights Shin Godzilla’s fifth form??? Like big versions of it with the frozen Shin Godzilla just freakly in the background.

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Excited, but no film cross overs with Shin please. :)

Idk man.. I kind of do just to see how crazy fucked up the story would be!
Last edited by Cookson on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Put me in on the no crossover camp. The comments in that Tiga vs. Godzilla animation made by Ultraman. Ultimo were pure torture....

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Tsuburaya announcement:

https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/13 ... JBBNJucOwE

They have a image of 3 actors at the bottom. Assuming they’re our main cast.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Color me intrigued. Wonder if Maeda will return to design the kaiju/aliens like he did in Shin Godzilla? I mean he already did the designs for Ultraman Powered in the early 90s so he's already familiar with the franchise.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

considering the film isn't gonna be released till two years from now,someone should remember to find this thread under everything when a teaser comes out or something. unless the hype train keeps it going like the Godzilla Anime thread till then.

also,it's mostly based off of the original show. but knowing Anno,he's gonna make it his own style like he did Godzilla. speaking off the original show,maybe an old monster gets revamped? also, SHINGI HIGUCHI! at least we know the film is gonna look great! :D
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I hope Ultraman’s face retracts in on itself to reveal the barrel of a huge laser gun :huge:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Stump Feet wrote:I hope Ultraman’s face retracts in on itself to reveal the barrel of a laser gun :huge:
No he fires lasers from his face-butt.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:considering the film isn't gonna be released till two years from now,someone should remember to find this thread under everything when a teaser comes out or something. unless the hype train keeps it going like the Godzilla Anime thread till then.

also,it's mostly based off of the original show. but knowing Anno,he's gonna make it his own style like he did Godzilla. speaking off the original show,maybe an old monster gets revamped? also, SHINGI HIGUCHI! at least we know the film is gonna look great! :D
I have a feeling when they say being based off the original show the SSP will be in the film, and they`ll most likely revamp and recreate monsters like Bemular, Geronomion, Zetton and others. The destruction will probably be high, and expect some weird lore about Ultraman himself.

Honestly glad Ultraman is getting this treatment, I sort of dislike the modern franchise so this could reinterest me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

If Baltan isn’t in this, I’ll scream
Long Live The Sting