Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
KaijusHunter
Samurai

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by KaijusHunter »

Ultraman Taro will be released on January 12th!

Last edited by KaijusHunter on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the next 30 minutes, you'll experience a parting of mind from body and become swallowed into this mysterious time.”

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Beautiful, 84 Days. Let the countdown Begin!
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

WOOHOO! Ultraman #6!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Good to know. I haven't had anything to watch since I finished Ace a few months back.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Finally picked up Return of Ultraman and Ace, which should help the rest of 2020 go a little easier.
StreamOfKaijuness wrote:It's crazy how readily available all of these Ultra series have become after so many years of obscurity in the West.
Yeah I'm still so excited about this. What Mill Creek's been doing has truly been a best cast scenario.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah Taro! When that comes out it means all the Showa shows are out one way or another though I do want Leo and 80s physical releases.
C'mon Heisei works!

Oh yeah finally got my booklet for Ginga yesterday. Now for the code...

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm really excited for Taro and can't wait for Leo too. I kind of wish that Mill Creek would have just released them together like they did with Ultra Q and Ultraman. Hopefully the Heisei stuff follows shortly I'd love to revisit Tiga again because I haven't seen it since it came out here in the states on DVD. I'm also very interested in Gaia and Dyna which I've never seen.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I've been getting the SteelBooks but this is mighty cool -

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I kind of wish the The Ultraman and 80 would be part of the Mural, but I understand they probably wanted to complete it as soon as possible, and although 80 is available for Mill Creek, I'm not sure when it will be released on BRD in Japan, but that has to come first. As for Tiga, Dyna etc...

Keith has stated that Mill Creek is more-or-less alternating between Older and Newer titles and working their way towards "The Middle" so I don't expect those mid-late 90's series until late 21 or early 22.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Is there any blu-ray plans for Japan for missing series like 80, Tiga, Dyna, etc. etc.?

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

gvamp wrote:Is there any blu-ray plans for Japan for missing series like 80, Tiga, Dyna, etc. etc.?
Tiga and Dyna have been released on Blu-ray in Japan.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

We do still have Gridman on the back burner too.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

o.supreme wrote:I kind of wish the The Ultraman and 80 would be part of the Mural, but I understand they probably wanted to complete it as soon as possible, and although 80 is available for Mill Creek, I'm not sure when it will be released on BRD in Japan, but that has to come first. As for Tiga, Dyna etc...

Keith has stated that Mill Creek is more-or-less alternating between Older and Newer titles and working their way towards "The Middle" so I don't expect those mid-late 90's series until late 21 or early 22.
I think Keith Aiken's Kaiju Con-Line panel kind of implied Q through Leo were kind of being considered the "classic seven" with 80 being separate, which kind of makes sense -- 80 came a good five years after Leo. There's a case to be made for it not really being part of that original run.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

G-Matt wrote:
gvamp wrote:Is there any blu-ray plans for Japan for missing series like 80, Tiga, Dyna, etc. etc.?
Ah thanks for the info Matti.

So does anyone know what Ultra series haven't had Japanese BD releases yet?
Last edited by gvamp on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PC Specs

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

gvamp wrote:
G-Matt wrote:
Ah thanks for the info Matti.

So does anyone know what Ultra series haven't had Japanese BD releases yet?
The Ultraman, 80, and every remaining Heisei series after Gaia
Last edited by Millenial88 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:I think Keith Aiken's Kaiju Con-Line panel kind of implied Q through Leo were kind of being considered the "classic seven" with 80 being separate, which kind of makes sense -- 80 came a good five years after Leo. There's a case to be made for it not really being part of that original run.
That is true, especially during the 1980's when 80 was the last new series for nearly a decade, seemed to be quite seperate from the rest. However, some 40+ years later, it is clear that 80 is part of the Showa "Ultra Brothers" continuity, being included in Mebius, and the Ultra Galaxy film in the same context as the previous series'. I just think it was an easier decision for Mill Creek, rather than to have to wait for Tsuburaya, and have an "unknown" time frame for a completion of a portion of the releases.

Yes there were four years between the end of Leo, and the start of The Ultraman. But there were Two-and-a-half years between the end of Ultraseven, and RoU. Looking back form 40-50 years ago, it's not that big of a difference. Besides it's all semantics anyway. The Mural will finish with Leo, and that is fine. We will eventually get The Ultraman, and 80 on BRD form ill Creek, and that is fine also, I'm just expressing a wish for what "could" have been is all.

Who knows, maybe there is a talented fan out there who can use art of the live action Jonias suit and custom make a couple "add on" spines to the mural for me with Jonias and 80 ;) . After All BCI/Eclipse did it with the Masters of the Universe DVD's. A Mural that was originally intended to have 9 parts, was stretched to 10 when the 2002 series came out on DVD ;)

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
Millenial88 wrote:The Ultraman, 80, and every remaining Heisei series after Gaia
Hrm.... I thought 80 was one of the few series not released on BRD in Japan.... Well, with that said, and Mill Creek's seemingly aggressive release schedule, does anyone think there will be a chance Mill Creek releases any BD sets before Tsuburaya does ?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Figure 80's Japanese blu-ray release is ready to go, judging by the HD episode uploads Tsuburaya has done on YouTube.

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

Angilasman wrote:Figure 80's Japanese blu-ray release is ready to go, judging by the HD episode uploads Tsuburaya has done on YouTube.
Actually, the episodes uploaded on YouTube are in SD. But every week, on Tsuburaya's Productions' Twitter page, they share the weekly episode alongside screenshots, but this time remastered in HD, with vibrant details and colors.
“For the next 30 minutes, you'll experience a parting of mind from body and become swallowed into this mysterious time.”

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2020 ... L8K3ZiSwJk

The original Ultraman series is getting yet another HD remaster in Japan. Wonder if we’ll ever see it here...
Last edited by goji1986 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132