ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:59 pm What the heck is Urin and why was it not included in Ultraman?
Apparently, Urin is actually called Uwa (て宇輪). By the way, I wonder why it was featured in an Ultraman art book if it was made for Uchusen?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

New Trigger rumor. This leak matches with the Tiga focus this year so I think this is more likely.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I'm conflicted here a lot. On one hand I can't imagine a new Ultraman series taking place in the Tige-universe. But otherwise Idid Z so wrong for thinking it won't be sth special.

Anyway, I hope the thing about Tiga is true, would really like to see him more often. And please give us the return of Kirieroid!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

"Monsters from another universe."

Read as: Red King, Eleking, Zetton, Birdon, Gudon, etc etc etc. Any ole' Showa returnne suit lying around. That kind of sucks. I was hoping for a return of Goldras, Silvagon, Sealizar, etc.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:45 am "Monsters from another universe."

Read as: Red King, Eleking, Zetton, Birdon, Gudon, etc etc etc. Any ole' Showa returnne suit lying around. That kind of sucks. I was hoping for a return of Goldras, Silvagon, Sealizar, etc.
I swear, if the only kaiju they use from Tiga is Golza, we riot.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:31 am

I swear, if the only kaiju they use from Tiga is Golza, we riot.
Is his suit even in useable shape anymore? We haven't seen him since the X movie where it was given a blue paintjob.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh here's something I learned about Dan in Ultraman Leo apparently he was supposed to be a completely different character! Dan's actor was sure kids would be confused to see 'Dan' acting like a normal guy and never becoming Ultraseven hence the leg injury...and kinda Dan being a bit of an asshole. So I guess the original commander was going to be in on Gen being Leo and toughened him up? That would make for an interesting dynamic if the human commander knew that the new member of the team was an Ultra.

I'm pretty damn sure that the Captain Ibuki Goh saw in The Monster Tamer was his conscience arguing with himself to let Mamurchi destroy the town. If that was him he'd be charging into battle too.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Or Pagos, Zeppandon, Skull Gomora, etc.

Silvergon, Geoshark, and Melba for the win!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 am

Yeah, Melba, Reicubas and Super COV should finally have their comeback

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Dramorg wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:17 pm
imposterzilla wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 am

Yeah, Melba, Reicubas and Super COV should finally have their comeback
Melba, especially. Now that I think about it, why haven't we got a straight-up Golza/Melba fusion? I'm not talking Five King, just these two monsters as a hybrid kaiju.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since we've all seen the heavenly sight that is Shin Neronga, I decided to remind us of the abomination that is the Kaiju Remix Neronga.
Resized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I like it. Rather realistic

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:42 pm I like it. Rather realistic
Ugly as sin does not automatically mean it's realistic.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I think it looks relatively naturalistic, but that's generally not what I'm looking for in an Ultra monster.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yeah, there's a lot of detail put into the skin/flesh that resembles how a real-life reptile or mammal of great size would appear; but I don't know if that's inherently a good look in this case.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I have laid my eyes on the open mouth in Zearth 2 and I have no idea how to feel.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm I have laid my eyes on the open mouth in Zearth 2 and I have no idea how to feel.
I looked this up, and I swear I thought it was some bootleg. How have I never heard of this! What is this?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Zearth is basically an Ultraman comedy.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 pm I have laid my eyes on the open mouth in Zearth 2 and I have no idea how to feel.
I looked this up, and I swear I thought it was some bootleg. How have I never heard of this! What is this?

It's a 30th anniversary film...that's a parody of Ultraman and made in cooperation with a gasoline company. It's wacky

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Theoretically, If any given Ultra harnessed the power of the Infinity stones, would their color timer(s) flash all the stone's colors? Just a little fan-fictiony speculation, that's all. I mean, don't scoff at me and act like it can't happen, after all Marvel DOES have the rights to Ultraman in comic-form.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.