Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Shin Ultraman Officially announced

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Gabora is being featured in this film, I think he should show up more often in future series as an alternative to Neronga. It would be a nice change of pace every now and then.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So, to my understanding, the kaiju in this will be CGI, unlike other Ultraman movies? Bigger budget? Sorry, newbie here.
Last edited by Anguirus on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Anguirus wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:07 pm So, to my understanding, the kaiju in this will be CGI, unlike other Ultraman movies? Bigger budget? Sorry, newbie here.
Yup.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Anyway, I'm excited to read that this will have more than two kaiju. I am hoping for Gomora to appear.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just realized something that basically confirms my enhancement theory. Look at Gabora’s skin color in the trailer, not the CG render. I used to think it was an overly-muted purple but come to find out, it’s the exact same coloration as Neronga. There’s even that same sorta brown highlight on the shoulders.

So now, I think I can say without a doubt I’ve cracked the case here.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Any clue when we might get to see more of this?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vakanai wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:51 am Any clue when we might get to see more of this?
I'm assuming we might get something once the movie's closer to being completed.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gonna start holding out for December like I did last time since it's fairly certain it ain't getting released this year.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Anno's going to have to promote Shin Ultraman while making Shin Kamen Rider st this rate.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

No major news but we have a clear look at Shin Ultraman's CGI model.
I'm a bit puzzled on why he has the Type C face, considering he had a Type A-looking face in the trailer.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:16 pm No major news but we have a clear look at Shin Ultraman's CGI model.
I'm a bit puzzled on why he has the Type C face, considering he had a Type A-looking face in the trailer.
Well they did say they were still working on the monsters. Maybe they decided the C face fit him a bit better?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that they didn't get more creative with Ultraman's design.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Found this in the wild. The cross promotion begins. I look forward to the Ultra-Razor.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:14 pm Found this in the wild. The cross promotion begins. I look forward to the Ultra-Razor.

Was it good though??
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:14 pm Found this in the wild. The cross promotion begins. I look forward to the Ultra-Razor.

If the cross promotion has begun, maybe we'll get more news soon?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

There's a two part discussion between Anno and Hitoshi Matsumoto (Big Man Japan) on Amazon Prime and there's a funny moment where Anno completely dorks out about Ultraman, detailing his favorite fight scenes, and Matsumoto is just sitting there not knowing what to say.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

From September 10th so sorry if this is old news, but I think we might be getting a 2022 release for this -

Tsuburaya Productions Cancels Event, More Details on Shin Ultraman to Be Revealed Soon
Tsuburaya Productions announced yesterday that they had to cancel their upcoming TSUBURAYA CONVENTION 2021 due to COVID-19 concerns. Alongside this, the official Twitter account for the upcoming Shin Ultraman film, from the team behind Shin Godzilla, announced that more information on the film was set to be released during the event but will now be released another way.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, according to what I’ve read about that event, it’s a bi-yearly thing, and they’ll still do some online event or something. While Covid-19 is clearly the catalyst, I think it’s part of a larger part of Japanese companies realizing that while in person events are fun, they can just reach a more massive audience if they do things online.

Corona has seriously gone down in the past week in japan, and the vaccine rate is also going up. I still feel like a December release date is possible, but I doubt it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If I were a Tsupro exec, I would show the film to a test audience. If they don't like it, then they should do re-shoots.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:08 pm If I were a Tsupro exec, I would show the film to a test audience. If they don't like it, then they should do re-shoots.
Good thing you aren't a Tsupro executive. ;)

I believe we've had this conversation before, but what would that accomplish, other than satisfying fanboys? The Ultraman franchise has a devoted fanbase, but a lot of it is based on assumptions of what they think what the fans want, not something refreshing and exciting, which this film has the potential to be. While I hope it has some similar beats to the old show, I'm looking forward to some new things I haven't seen before, just like Shin. I also want to see the film ASAP, because I'm really excited to see a big Japanese film again in theaters with no clue what to really expect.

Unrelated to the current topic, I hope this film gets a similar limited release to Shin at Independent theaters in the USA and around the world. Shin Godzilla got runaway fame by word of mouth, and I think this would be a fantastic way to expand Ultraman's fame in the United States and around the world. They could still release it down the line, but I think Ultraman, similar to Godzilla, is just a few steps away from becoming a mainstream name again.