KWCE FAQ 2021 Edition!

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

KWCE FAQ 2021 Edition!

Post by shippersdreamer »

NOTICE AS OF 2024: Due to GodzillavsRayquaza being made the sole controller of the KWCE, parts of this relating to where to send matches once they are completed are outdated. Please wait until further notice for what to do with finished matches.

1. HOW TO MAKE A K.W.C.E. MATCH

So! How do I get into the K.W.C.E.?

It's as simple as writing a match and submitting it to one of the verifiers, easy! If you're familiar with the KWC's style of doing things before the verfier email, this is basically the system we're working with. And although it should go without saying, don't try and steal someone else's work. That's a surefire way to get banned from the KWCE.

Where do I send it once it is finished? And do I have to make a Toho Kingdom account to submit one?

Yes, you need a TohoKingdom forums account to submit a KWCE match. Those sent to the KWC verfier email will be thrown out without comment. Once you meet the very small requirement, you can DM it to either FatBaconUnicorn or GodzillavsRayquaza. They'll send you a message after they're done reviewing it telling you it's been accepted and if that's the case, great! They'll send it to shippersdreamer as soon as possible.

NOTICE: If you're writing a Parody Match, all details and verification are between the author and shippersdreamer. Please don't send it to GvR and Bacon, they're not actually in charge of posting that.

I didn't get a response. Does that mean my match didn't make it in? It's been a week and my match still isn't up yet! What's taking so long?

Not necessarily.We're only human after all. So in addition to our KWC responsibilities as well as reading over submissions, cards, etc, we have a lot on our plate. So if you don’t get an immediate response, don’t be too surprised, we'll try to get to everything as quickly as we can. The scheduling is something we all plan out in advance. If your match is accepted, it'll be uploaded in time.

Are there going to be banners for the K.W.C.E.?

Not by default, no. The cards are a decent enough substitute since a vast majority of the monsters in the KWCE's roster probably don't have a decent enough picture online. But if you want to make one anyways, by all means do so! We would love it if authors or fans of the match made banners for whatever you'd like. Shippersdreamer will be more than happy to substitute the cards for a banner if needed.

2. THE RULES OF THE KWCE

Can two or more people co-write a match together?

Yes.

Can I call dibs on a match? How many dibs can I have?

We happen to have a dibs thread Here where you can stake a claim on something. Ideally, you should only have a maximum of about three matches dibbed at any given time, but keep in mind that even if you DO stake your claim, other writers can write what you claimed anyways.

Wait a second, can I write insanely mismatched fights in the K.W.C.E.?

You're going to have to write something pretty darn good for something like that to be accepted. It's not off-limits or anything but with how our quality standards have increased, so too has our requirements for one-sided brawls.

Are rematches allowed?

Yes!

Are match subtitles (Godzilla (2001) vs. Lord Tirek (The Massacre of Ponyville) allowed?

For most matches: No. Either there's going to be a round 2 slapped on the end or there's literally so many combatants in the match that you've broken the forum wordcount and we have no choice.

Can I write King Caesar vs. Zilla for the K.W.C.E.?

Yes actually! The biggest change for the rules for the KWCE is that you can write King Caesar vs. Zilla. It just needs to have some element that would be exclusive to the KWCE (IE: The Doctor from Doctor Who, the setting, etc.) If it doesn't meet that requirement, then you should just submit it to the KWC portion of the place.

May I write a K.W.C.E. match that’s a continuation of a K.W.C. match?

Writing a K.W.C.E. sequel to a K.W.C. match is all right. For the sake of ease, stick to the matches that have already been posted on the site. It's really confusing trying to wrangle something as a sequel to something that's not up yet. And for the sake of clarity, don't write a KWC sequel to a KWCE. We're pretty small compared to the main show and it'll just confuse people.

It said on Gojipedia that Zilla can shoot acid from his stomach while being able to overpower Destoroyah’s final form by himself via a chokehold. Can I use that in a match?

Try to have a more reliable source than that. If you can prove your case, then we'll be happy to update the card to reflect that.

3. AND NOW, THE MONSTERS!

There are so many monsters in the K.W.C.E. roster! Are there any that aren't allowed?

Yes, some monsters just flat out aren't allowed. Who and what these monsters are is purely based on GodzillavsRayquaza, FatBaconUnicorn, and myself. Something like Clifford the Big Red Dog is likely never going to get in unless the whole place riots for him. They also (mostly) need to actually be large enough to be considered. The main reason why Starfish Hitler and The Indoraptor were excluded was due to the fact they’re so small and can’t grow any larger. We also need some information about them, as Kongzilla’s powers were largely fan-made and had no official source except for being literally one toy and no powers listed.

So are transformations and alternate forms allowed?

Yes. Just look at the Monster Cards and see the forms you’re allowed to use.

Can I make suggestions to alter things around? Like adding new forms, for example.

You can, yes. Just message either myself, Bacon, or GvR and we'll talk about it to see if it works out.

Is there a limit to how many different incarnations of the same monster can be in the K.W.C.E.?

No, but whether or not we'll split them up into different cards or merge them together is up to us.

Can I help with making a Monster Card or an Arena Card?

Absolutely! Just PM shippersdreamer, GvR, or Bacon! Or even request it in the General Discussions Thread!

Hey, there's a monster in a match that's not even on the K.W.C.E. roster! The heck?

Cameos from other monsters are fine, as long as they're not major combatants. The standard rules for the KWC still apply in this instance. You can have other dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, as an example, but that doesn't mean you can have them win the match.

Can Legion use her soldiers? Can Megaguirus use the Meganulons/Meganula? Can Gyaos and Kamacuras be used in groups?

The same rules apply here as they do in the K.W.C. and as long as it’s true to form for the character.

Can Godzilla use his---

If a monster used a power on-screen, they can use it in the K.W.C.E.

Can I use the various powers from the Pipeworks video games (Titanosaurus and Varan's sonic beams, Gigan's teleportation, Megalon's magnetic vortexes, etc.)? Or the IDW comics? Or whatever source a K.W.C.E. monster comes from? Is there going to be any major leeway with these abilities?

As long as the power is listed on their card, feel free to use it. If you aren't sure, you can always ask somewhere. No harm in asking.

What's the rule on writing alternate interpretations of the monsters?

Now this is an interesting question. With so many different monsters, the answer is a soft "yes". Heisei Godzilla can still be a defender of the Earth if you want him to be, and as long as the alternate interpretation isn't too out of character for the monster(s) in question, it should be fine. If you can even source something for your interpretation, even better. IE: Shinji Ikari piloting Kiryu. He does that in a Super Robot Wars mobile game, so that's fine so long as Kiryu has Eva 01's paint scheme.

Can I make up my own version of a monster for a match? Like, can I have Ghidorah grow an extra five heads, or make Anguirus be able to fly, or have Mothra transform into Megalon?

Absolutely not. If you wanna do that, you can write your own fanfiction and post it there.

All right, but if I have a bunch of versions of one character (the Godzillas, Mothras, Ghidorahs, Gameras, etc.) in a match, can I give them alternate names or other designations?

The K.W.C.E. has a lot of monsters that share the same name. Naturally this means that we will receive matches that feature these monsters in the same match. A base numbering system (Gamera I for Showa, Gamera II for Heisei, etc.) is recommended if the version of the combatant doesn’t have a distinguished name (like Godzilla Earth or Avant Gamera).

The catch is that the kaiju must
A: Be extremely similar
and B: Don't have enough distinguishing characteristics to identify them with.

Alternatively, designations like “S-Mothra” for Showa Mothra or “Barugon-66” for the original Barugon are acceptable, so long as it makes sense as to why they’re being called that. Though we’d prefer calling them by any official designations based on their respective canons (like MonsterVerse Mothra being referred to as Titanus Mosura). I know this is a lot to take in, but that's the price we pay for having a billion versions of Mothra in the KWCE.

So, what's the deal with the Gotengo and Super X? Can we have other machines like the Goten?

As of right now, no. The only reason the Gotengo and the Super X are being included in the KWCE is purely because the KWC is doing so as well. Perhaps in the future we'll review our policy on other machines like the Goten but as of right now, those two are our only SDF representations.

4. GENERAL STUFF

What the heck does 'K.W.C.E.' even stand for, anyway?

It stands for Kaiju War Chronicles Extended. I don't know why I kept this question to be honest.

I've got a cool idea for a match, but I don't think I can/I don't want to write it myself. Can I request that one of the K.W.C.E. writers write it?

Absolutely! You can request which monsters are fighting, where they fight, and even a small synopsis, if you care to. This does not mean you can dictate to whoever writes the match what the ending or the story can be however. Once you put your request out there, it's there for the taking.

Is there a limit to how many monsters are allowed in a single match?

Not at all, write as many as you want.

How do you write a K.W.C.E. Parody Match? Any specifics?

Ideally, it's something to do with an upcoming holiday. That's usually the tradition is to have some fun holiday-themed parody. Beyond that, how you write one is not up for us to tell you.

Is it possible for a K.W.C.E. submission to become a K.W.C. match? Can we convert old K.W.C.E. matches into K.W.C. matches?

No, any KWCE submissions will stay submissions. We don't see any problem converting old matches however, as long as they're up to the standard. I would highly recommend asking KaijuX for permission first before you do so, as he's the main liaison for the KWC.

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Really? I prefer sweatpants.

Fine. So how'd all this get started, anyway? What’s the history of the K.W.C.E.?

The K.W.C.E. was the brain child of Joshua Reynolds (MM Raids Again) as he pitched it to Andrew Sudomerski (KaijuX), who had it posted to the K.W.C. section. Though it was initially supposed to be a quick and easy thing to do, KaijuX ultimately took the K.W.C.E. into his own hands to help give it its own defined style. Due to the lack of resources (notably the K.W.C.E.’s feature of Monster Cards), KaijuX had to construct practically everything from scratch and alter some elements originally proposed in MM’s version.

After suffering a massive creativity slump, KaijuX (with help from the community) was able to pick up and get things done. After a long haul of getting things yonder way, we finally have the K.W.C.E. going live!

Massive shoutouts to SpaceG92, Birdman, TitanoGoji16, and MM Raids Again for the help with the other Monster Cards (and correction of the information)!

As of January 7th, 2018, shippersdreamer is appointed as the K.W.C.E. Senior Undersecretary, making her the first 2nd-in-Command. On July 1st, 2019, GodzillavsZilla became our first KWCE Verifier. He has stepped down from duty, and has been replaced by GodzillavsRayquaza as of May 17th, 2020.

As of Febuary 1st, 2021, KaijuX has stepped down from the KWCE and shippersdreamer has become our official head now, with GodzillavsRayquaza becoming our second-in-command and head verifier and FatBaconUnicorn as our second verifier, also as of Feb 1st, 2021.

Not long after that, shippersdreamer made the decision to have the KWCE act more like a triumvirate than a hierarchy. While GvR and Bacon are still verifiers in a sense, we all have equal say in the schedule, what monsters are approved, etc. That way, if for some reason I (Shippersdreamer) am unable to post a match, Bacon and GvR are well within their rights to post it for the month. Not only does this take the burden off of my shoulders significantly, but it means that any future decisions will be approved by more than just one person.

What influenced the K.W.C.E.?

Besides being MM’s idea, the new form of the K.W.C.E. draws a nice bit of influence from the predecessor to the K.W.C., the T.M.W.F. (Toho Monster Wrestling Federation). So you could technically look at this as T.M.W.F. version 2.0.

Who writes all these matches?

Anyone who submits them! We've had a lot of writers over these past few years and we're sure to have many more. There's too many to name at the moment but yours could very well be on there in the future if you submit it! Don't be discouraged if your match gets rejected for some reason either, just keep trying and working hard. You'll get there. We all started somewhere after all.

THE END

And thus concludes the Official K.W.C.E. Frequently Asked Questions Thread. We hope this answers any questions you may have had about the K.W.C.E. and helps you with any matches you plan on writing in the future!
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.