K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Greyshot151 wrote:Ever need some helpful information but can't find it? Is a mere description not adequate enough to compliment your writing style and you do not have the time to watch every movie you need to? Well have no fear as this thread will solve your problems. Basically if you have a question that needs to be solved for the KWC ask it here. Personally this thread is exactly what I wished for when researching Zone Fighter so I hope it helps tremendously. :mrgreen: Anyway, to the rules!

Guidelines:
1. Answer the question asked, do not judge, mock or infuriate the recipient.
2. If you have a question about the actual KWC, go to the KWC FAQ. This is more for like monster's motives, traits, characteristics or actual human characters.
MY EXAMPLE - What is the character of Goro Ibuki (Jet Jaguar's Inventor) like?
3. Try to keep your questions to the point.
Bet you didn't think of this, KaijuX! :twisted:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by Coobzilla03 »

This will be especially useful considering all the non-Godzilla guys. :)
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Well, there needs to be a reason for the General Discussion thread to exist. :P But whatevs, lol
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I'm having some issues determining the correct grammar for some sentences. Look at these examples and tell me which one is correct:

"A beam of thin purple energy ripped through the air."/"A beam of thin, purple energy ripped through the air."

"A powerful golden blast crashed into the plating of its chest."/"A powerful, golden blast crashed into the plating of its chest."
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Birdman wrote:I'm having some issues determining the correct grammar for some sentences. Look at these examples and tell me which one is correct:

"A beam of thin purple energy ripped through the air."/"A beam of thin, purple energy ripped through the air."

"A powerful golden blast crashed into the plating of its chest."/"A powerful, golden blast crashed into the plating of its chest."
I'm not sure, but I think it's the second (for both).
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

In terms of grammar? It's the second one, technically.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

DinoMaster wrote:In terms of grammar? It's the second one, technically.
Technically? Elaborate.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Birdman wrote:
DinoMaster wrote:In terms of grammar? It's the second one, technically.
Technically? Elaborate.
I think he means that the first one sounded better, but it isn't grammatically correct.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Birdman wrote:I'm having some issues determining the correct grammar for some sentences. Look at these examples and tell me which one is correct:

The second for each. When placing two adjectives together, there should always be a comma in between. For example, "The glimmering, hypnotic shaft of light exemplified the essence of angelic beauty, tranquility trapping the monster's thoughts. That quickly changed to hellacious agony when the katana-like appendage came down lightning quick, gashing his chest wide open and splattering his cold blood over himself and his attacker."

The second sentence was unnecessary but I thought it sounded cool :lol:

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Birdman wrote:Technically? Elaborate.
It's a grammar thing, and to be perfectly frank grammar issues like this aren't necessarily the biggest thing we look at in depth normally. At least, not from my end. Might be a higher up thing.

Anywho, I'm in need of a little help. I'm trying to write a match between the Brontosaurus and the '33 King Kong, and I don't have an arena. I was planning on doing it after the events of '33, and the places I had thought of were too young (Area 51 wasn't build till the 50's, Alcatraz was an active prision til the 60's, etc.). So, if anyone has a reccomendation that'd be a little more interesting than the usual city, I'm all ears.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

DinoMaster wrote: Anywho, I'm in need of a little help. I'm trying to write a match between the Brontosaurus and the '33 King Kong, and I don't have an arena. I was planning on doing it after the events of '33, and the places I had thought of were too young (Area 51 wasn't build till the 50's, Alcatraz was an active prision til the 60's, etc.). So, if anyone has a reccomendation that'd be a little more interesting than the usual city, I'm all ears.
Skull Island maybe?
Or, since it takes place after 33, and Kong is dead at that point, you could set the match in hell or some other afterlife setting?
Or maybe just a random forest...
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

How about the Brazilian plateau from the lost world? You could even have an interaction between Kong and the ape men. Then again, I'm not sure how Kong would get there...

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

What is the catalyst for Zetton going EX? Or just the catalyst(s) for monsters going EX in general?
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What is the catalyst for Zetton going EX? Or just the catalyst(s) for monsters going EX in general?
They have to be controlled by a Reionic or be exposed to Dark Thunder Energy.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Can Spideros actually fire an energy beam? Because it never demonstrates such an ability in the footage that I can find.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

So, it's been awhile since I've brushed up on my Showa lore, but Showa Godzilla is a prehistoric creature awoken by the atomic bomb tests, correct? I was thinking of writing a match with the fella, but I wanted to check on it.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

DinoMaster wrote:So, it's been awhile since I've brushed up on my Showa lore, but Showa Godzilla is a prehistoric creature awoken by the atomic bomb tests, correct? I was thinking of writing a match with the fella, but I wanted to check on it.
That was the origin for 1954 Godzilla. Showa… I don't think it's really explained where he came from. He and Anguirus just show up. Since he is the same species as '54, I would not say it would be inaccurate to give him the same origins as his predecessor.

Edit: Yep, Godzilla Showa and Anguirus were awoken by hydrogen bomb testing.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

How does Burtannus' electric current power work? Is it a beam-like attack or does it require physical contact?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Birdman wrote:How does Burtannus' electric current power work? Is it a beam-like attack or does it require physical contact?
It is a beam.
KWCE Administrator

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Would it be alright if I explained that Jirass had some Godzilla DNA in him? Considering that he looks almost identical to Godzilla and I think he was created instead of naturally born, I think it'd make sense.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."