The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:I just now noticed that Behemoth, Methusela and Scylla aren't part of the roster.
Making cards take a while, and usually they update all at once. They are coming.
Interesting. I'm guessing this all applies to the arena cards as well (given how many different fictional characters are a part of the roster and God-knows-how-many environments that apply to each of their respective universes).
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

ShinGojira14 wrote:I'm guessing this all applies to the arena cards as well (given how many different fictional characters are a part of the roster and God-knows-how-many environments that apply to each of their respective universes).
I feel like overall we're probably not as completionist about the arenas as we are about the combatants. I mean, sure, more arenas will probably be added at some point, but I feel like we have a good enough selection of them right now that no one's really clamoring to add Fictional City #12 or Alien Planet #5.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Arena cards are added on a match by match basis (from here on, unless KaijuX comes in and says otherwise). We will not make a new arena card unless a match is set in a location that no previous matches have been set in/hasn’t already had a card made for some reason (I dunno, ask KaijuX or whoever made a bunch of those arena cards that don’t correspond to a match). Inversely, just because a location does not have an arena card does not mean that you cannot set a match there. As long as an arena card can be made for it, you can set a match in that location (within reason of course, use that thing between your ears before you go doing something tremendously stupid).
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: (within reason of course, use that thing between your ears before you go doing something tremendously stupid).
But how are my eyes gonna help?

Get it? Because your eyes are right next to your ear?

Fine, i'll leave. :(
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Arena cards are added on a match by match basis (from here on, unless KaijuX comes in and says otherwise). We will not make a new arena card unless a match is set in a location that no previous matches have been set in/hasn’t already had a card made for some reason (I dunno, ask KaijuX or whoever made a bunch of those arena cards that don’t correspond to a match). Inversely, just because a location does not have an arena card does not mean that you cannot set a match there. As long as an arena card can be made for it, you can set a match in that location (within reason of course, use that thing between your ears before you go doing something tremendously stupid).
Got it.

So if someone writes a match with Godzilla Junior and Smaug beating the skreeonk outta each other in Minas Tirith, then someone would at some point make an arena card for Minas Tirith as a result.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote:
Got it.

So if someone writes a match with Godzilla Junior and Smaug beating the skreeonk outta each other in Minas Tirith, then someone would at some point make an arena card for Minas Tirith as a result.
Exactly.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I hope we get an Ultraman match for September, to celebrate the new comic that was released.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

MoarCrossovers wrote:I hope we get an Ultraman match for September, to celebrate the new comic that was released.
Would be nice to see him get match on the KWCE, KWC, or both.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Quick question; since Zorgulon and Raptros don't have origins in "War of the Monsters", is it acceptable to make an origin story for them?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

HillyHulk wrote:Quick question; since Zorgulon and Raptros don't have origins in "War of the Monsters", is it acceptable to make an origin story for them?
I mean, as long as you keep it in the style of something that would actually happen in War of the Monsters (so something involving the aliens, their crashing ships, and/or the ships' mutagenic fuel), I don't see why not.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Change in origins are generally fine so long as they make sense to the original character and whatever world they happen to inhabit. The idea is, when going for something more than basic "they fight," is to have the audience believe these two characters can intermingle together through means that don't require dimension-hopping. That's my take, at least.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Quick question: Is it possible to feature Gandaguirus in a positive role? It seemed like a big kid in the original, maybe that can make it redeemable.

Added in 9 minutes 38 seconds:
Nervermind, I don't see it on the roster (weird, I remember seeing it there.)

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I mean nothing is stopping me from making a card for them. As a matter of fact, I've been wanting to complete the Terror-Beast roster for some time.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So uh, what do we do when we find out a kaiju's name is wrong? Because uh..

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Leugocyte#Monster

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote:So uh, what do we do when we find out a kaiju's name is wrong? Because uh..

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Leugocyte#Monster
Simple, we just update it. ;)

Pair of kings.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Whew... All right, one *giant* overhaul later and the addition of 250+ cards, I present to you the new layout. I'm sticking with Imgur, but had to delete everything else; and by extension, replace everything of all the past matches. That way, everything is consistent and links back to one source (as I'll be deleting all the DeviantART files as well). So all the matches have been updated appropriately, though I didn't edit the matches themselves in this wave.

I must also acknowledge if you find duplicates or missing cards, let me know! Because Imgur doesn't have the ability of saving 100 uploaded cards at once, there's a real shot some of them are missing (like I found a few during the replacement phase). While I may look over with a fresh mind tomorrow or later in the week, I'd like for everyone to search and ask who's missing.

Did this because I was tired of operating under DeviantART's messed up coding, and couldn't find a substitute. So if any of the albums are blocked because of "mature restriction" (to which there are none), then sign up and be done with it, because there's nothing else I can do at this point. My only hope is that by deleting the other one, that dumb "mature" restriction should be gone.

Nevertheless, the KWCE finally has a long-overdue overhaul (again). Hope you guys enjoy!

Added in 6 minutes 59 seconds:
Would also like to give special shout-outs to soulgodzilla for a vast majority of the replacements for the KWC-vets! :D Came out really good!

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

What the heck, Lord Tirek? Didn't think he'd ever be here.

Also, and i know this isn't really likely but.. maybe it's almost time to stop adding cards? You already said you regret making the roster so big, i'm pretty sure we have over thousands of monsters anyway.

EDIT: Oh yeah and there's two Planet Boris', but since they both have different pictures on them, i'm not sure if they're suppose to be the same place or not.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Hope y’all like all the new additions! Nice job Soul with all the updated KWC monster cards, they look great!

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Also before anyone says anything about it, Eternatus is the exception to the no-more Pokémon rule because of his already kaiju-sized form that does not have a super-short time limit that is confined to super specific circumstances. Also no regular Bowser, just accept Giga Bowser and don’t complain.
KWCE Administrator

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Hey, I'm cool with the new additions, and I'm plenty satisfied with Giga Bowser. Good job with the roster.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA