The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by KaijuX »

And as of today, I officially step down. While I will still help from behind the scenes, all management and scheduling will be handled by the wonderful Harley and GvR. Hope for the best, may the KWCE prosper!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Genegarg and Sevenger (Reiwa) have been added to the roster, and Zetton’s card has been updated to accommodate both the new form Zetton Falx from TAC and to add Mutant Zetton, who’s just a real neat form from a game.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So are the big roaster updates done?

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

KaijuX wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:47 pm And as of today, I officially step down. While I will still help from behind the scenes, all management and scheduling will be handled by the wonderful Harley and GvR. Hope for the best, may the KWCE prosper!
Thanks for all your hard work! Wish you the best!
Image Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:16 pm So are the big roaster updates done?
We just add eligible cards as we get them now instead of waiting to upload dozens/hundreds at once.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 pm
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:16 pm So are the big roaster updates done?
We just add eligible cards as we get them now instead of waiting to upload dozens/hundreds at once.
Well, while I do prefer the later, I do see that pain in the bum.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I don't know if I'm just remembering wrong, but wasn't the Mutant Black Widow from Godzilla: The Series originally part of the roster?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

The new KWCE Is out everyone! Also, we'll be doing batch uploads of any new/updated cards along with the monthly KWCEs so you all don't get flooded with messages. We've added quite a lot this time around, and a couple new arenas! Hope you all enjoy.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Great, The Deadly Spawn is finally in. I'm really looking forward to gore filled matches with it.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

At long last, Bowser in his entirety has been included. There's sure to be good matches with him.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Given the question mark next to Fukuide's monsters, I guess that means we could make our own out of his capsule monsters. What are the limits to that?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

HillyHulk wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:48 am Given the question mark next to Fukuide's monsters, I guess that means we could make our own out of his capsule monsters. What are the limits to that?
Only the three from the Fusion Fight game.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

One last hurrah from me--as it was something GvJ and I had already discussed / had in the works before I announced my retirement. Nevertheless... Happy (belated) Valentine's! ;)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=31051
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Calling all writers! I am pleased to announce the next theme month for the KWCE:

KWCE3! A whole month of video game-themed monsters to star in matches. It won't start until June, so that means you all have plenty of time to write it right?
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Oh, good! A theme month I don't need to write a new match for!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Welp, time to dust off Dah'Ren Mohren vs Greater Krayt Dragon I suppose.....

(Actually possibly not, now that the canonical one is closer to his opponent)

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

shippersdreamer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 pm Calling all writers! I am pleased to announce the next theme month for the KWCE:

KWCE3! A whole month of video game-themed monsters to star in matches. It won't start until June, so that means you all have plenty of time to write it right?
Will they be matches with every combatant being a video-game monster, or can there be one video-game combatant in it and it would still count?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:12 pm
shippersdreamer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 pm Calling all writers! I am pleased to announce the next theme month for the KWCE:

Will they be matches with every combatant being a video-game monster, or can there be one video-game combatant in it and it would still count?
Same as any KWC event month, just one video game Monster is all it needs to count.
KWCE Administrator

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

What's the ruling on kaiju that didn't start as video game characters, but were in video games, like Maleficent being in Kingdom Hearts, or Vastatosaurus in the King Kong 05 game? Also, completely unrelated secondary question, does Super Attack Robot have a swastika on his arm or am I just not seeing the rest of the design?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 pm What's the ruling on kaiju that didn't start as video game characters, but were in video games, like Maleficent being in Kingdom Hearts, or Vastatosaurus in the King Kong 05 game? Also, completely unrelated secondary question, does Super Attack Robot have a swastika on his arm or am I just not seeing the rest of the design?
I’d say they need to be kaiju that started from video games.

And yes, your eyes do not deceive you.
KWCE Administrator