The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Question in regards to Surtur, what does “can be restored to full size and power” mean in context of the KWCE, especially in regards to size? Are his listed stats of 130 meters and 92,000 tons for before or after that transformation?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Question in regards to Surtur, what does “can be restored to full size and power” mean in context of the KWCE, especially in regards to size? Are his listed stats of 130 meters and 92,000 tons for before or after that transformation?
Since the form as see at the end of the movie is much larger than the stats, it's reasonable to say he is MUCH bigger at full strength. The stats for the KWCE is his... "average" monster height. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Aw man, I can't see the updates eith-- Oh. They're showing up between the U-Z section at the start and the main A-T section. Imgur is weird.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

hey kaijux, I'm planning to write a parody match. should I PM it to you when I'm done or what? first time writing a parody match.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote:hey kaijux, I'm planning to write a parody match. should I PM it to you when I'm done or what? first time writing a parody match.
Just PM it straight to me, and we'll go over the details from there. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:hey kaijux, I'm planning to write a parody match. should I PM it to you when I'm done or what? first time writing a parody match.
Just PM it straight to me, and we'll go over the details from there. ;)
got it, thanks.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I'm writing a match that's currently up to 11 pages long, and a kaiju hasn't even appeared yet. Am I trying too hard?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:I'm writing a match that's currently up to 11 pages long, and a kaiju hasn't even appeared yet. Am I trying too hard?
I think as long as it's proportional to the match, I think it's fine. Get the set up going, getting to know the characters, I don't think it's a bad thing to expand upon the usual boundaries.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Birdman wrote:I'm writing a match that's currently up to 11 pages long, and a kaiju hasn't even appeared yet. Am I trying too hard?
you should have seen my first KWC match, Rodan vs Monster X and Zandora. that was a pain in the butt to write

Added in 3 days 19 hours 1 minute 41 seconds:
not too long ago I found out that Heisei King Ghidorah was supposed to fire red, yellow, and blue Gravity beams, but it was scrapped. Can that be used in matches?

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
here is the video
https://youtu.be/xlyCjZ9-Z_o
hope you can access it. the colored beams are in the trivia section

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote: not too long ago I found out that Heisei King Ghidorah was supposed to fire red, yellow, and blue Gravity beams, but it was scrapped. Can that be used in matches?

here is the video
Ooooh, that's a fun idea. Well, it's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect how Ghidorah fights, only the color of his beams. For the KWCE, I have no problem with that. Just keep it to the Heisei version (though I'm fully aware that they used the Showa prop for the test).

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote: not too long ago I found out that Heisei King Ghidorah was supposed to fire red, yellow, and blue Gravity beams, but it was scrapped. Can that be used in matches?

here is the video
Ooooh, that's a fun idea. Well, it's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect how Ghidorah fights, only the color of his beams. For the KWCE, I have no problem with that. Just keep it to the Heisei version (though I'm fully aware that they used the Showa prop for the test).
ok got it

Added in 1 day 20 hours 8 minutes 54 seconds:
found out why GMK Ghidorah sucks. he is a young Orochi who was awakened before all eight of his heads could grow back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg1ULIt_j5A
this video explanes

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote:found out why GMK Ghidorah sucks. he is a young Orochi who was awakened before all eight of his heads could grow back.
this video explanes
Umm... No not really. Well, I don't think you mean "sucks" as I'm sure "weak" would be the preferred term. Yes, GMK Ghidorah is an underdeveloped Orochi. He's practically the youngest of the Ghidorah family, next to Cretaceous Ghidorah from ROM3.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:found out why GMK Ghidorah sucks. he is a young Orochi who was awakened before all eight of his heads could grow back.
this video explanes
Umm... No not really. Well, I don't think you mean "sucks" as I'm sure "weak" would be the preferred term. Yes, GMK Ghidorah is an underdeveloped Orochi. He's practically the youngest of the Ghidorah family, next to Cretaceous Ghidorah from ROM3.
sorry for the poor wording. :oops:

Added in 3 days 13 hours 4 minutes 9 seconds:
just found out that in the game boy Godzilla game Godzilla King of the Monsters, Gorosaurus can shoot fireballs, can that be used in matches?
link: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Gorosaurus
scroll down to the abilities section

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote:just found out that in the game boy Godzilla game Godzilla King of the Monsters, Gorosaurus can shoot fireballs, can that be used in matches?
Nah. Best to keep it regular.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:just found out that in the game boy Godzilla game Godzilla King of the Monsters, Gorosaurus can shoot fireballs, can that be used in matches?
Nah. Best to keep it regular.
ok, just wondered sense some of the kaiju in the KWCE have their video game powers like Jet Jaguar

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Tbf, at least a fireball attack for Gorosaurus is way more believable then the sonic ray for Titanosaurus.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

soulgodzilla wrote:Tbf, at least a fireball attack for Gorosaurus is way more believable then the sonic ray for Titanosaurus.
always found that attack ironic for Titanosaurus.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

kaijufanforever wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Tbf, at least a fireball attack for Gorosaurus is way more believable then the sonic ray for Titanosaurus.
always found that attack ironic for Titanosaurus.
same here

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I get the irony, but Titanosaurus' sonic ray is his sonar, like dolphins. It's just weaponized. ;) I think it was a specific kind of frequency he was vulnerable to, and that's why it's his weakness.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So, what’s the minimum amount of monsters that need to be in a match before it gets labeled a “vs Everyone” match?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.