The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
Post Reply
User avatar
CommanderPhoenix
Samurai
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Deviljho vs King Kong needs to be added to the match index
Last edited by CommanderPhoenix on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian
Posts: 3509
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hello everyone! As you all are likely aware, a new match has been posted today. And with it comes a new batch of cards, updates on out of date ones and new combatants (I should update that randomizer, huh?), so have fun with looking for all those.

And as well, the match index issue has been fixed as we now have a new match index run by the current head, so that way we don’t have to bug KaijuX every time a new match gets posted to make him update it. (Instead we just have to bug GvJ and/or GvZ to unlock the thread for it to be updated instead :lol:)

One more thing, I never saw anyone bring this up but it’s still something worth mentioning. Ever since the new leadership began, there was an issue with older matches where the cards were not displaying properly because that card had been updated since the upload date and the actual post of the match had not been adjusted properly. KaijuX managed to find time amongst his ten million projects to fix this issue, and now all of the matches have the latest versions of every single card. (Until we update something else and it all starts again.)
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Image

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian
Posts: 3509
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Showa Mothra’s powder is poisonous, Millenium Mothra’s powder reflects beams (when going off SOS), interferes with electronics (when going off Final Wars), or both if one is so inclined to do so in a match. Showa Mothra is also larger and heavier than Millenium. They can pretty much be written as related with no issue, but there is enough there to keep them seperate as opposed to Showa Anguirus and FW Anguirus.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

User avatar
godjacob
G-Grasper
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Showa Mothra’s powder is poisonous, Millenium Mothra’s powder reflects beams (when going off SOS), interferes with electronics (when going off Final Wars), or both if one is so inclined to do so in a match. Showa Mothra is also larger and heavier than Millenium. They can pretty much be written as related with no issue, but there is enough there to keep them seperate as opposed to Showa Anguirus and FW Anguirus.
To be fair, Showa Anguirus couldn't roll into a ball like FW Anguirus and FW Anguirus was also larger/heavier than Showa Anguirus. But fair enough appreciate the clarification.
Image

User avatar
ShinGojira14
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm Random question, but on the subject of Mothra what character/ability/story wise acts as separation between the Millennium and Showa Mothra? Both seem to have similar skill sets, both have the classic two fairies and in one of Millennium's films she literally ties into the OG Mothra film. Could they not be the same character but alternate skins like Anguirus or King Caesar and the like?
Showa Mothra’s powder is poisonous, Millenium Mothra’s powder reflects beams (when going off SOS), interferes with electronics (when going off Final Wars), or both if one is so inclined to do so in a match. Showa Mothra is also larger and heavier than Millenium. They can pretty much be written as related with no issue, but there is enough there to keep them seperate as opposed to Showa Anguirus and FW Anguirus.
To be fair, Showa Anguirus couldn't roll into a ball like FW Anguirus and FW Anguirus was also larger/heavier than Showa Anguirus. But fair enough appreciate the clarification.
Outside media such as video games and comic books depict Showa Anguirus rolling into a ball.
"I thought you were gonna say 'the only problem is that it treats a 90's Kaiju with respect!' :lol: "

-GodzillaVsRayquaza

Image

Logan268
Ronin
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by Logan268 »

What monsters from Colossal Kaiju Combat are in the KWCE?

User avatar
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2262
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by UltimateDitto »

Brutusk.
The caterpillar and dino.
Gurral.
Gaonaga
Dragon Lotus.
Mulligan.
Macrosaurus.
Sacrosean.
Tyransaur.
Tornaq.
Prospector Pete.
Nemesis.
There's probably a few more I'm missing.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller
Posts: 2369
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:58 pmThe caterpillar and dino.
Chameleon, actually. And it's BullDozer.

Also, Rekker, Ouroboros, and Moglios.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian
Posts: 3509
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

There’s also Xerimus and Heart Eater.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4992
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla, Gamera, The Stay Puft Marshamallow Man, King Kong, and Ultraman.

Yes, we did get them in before the team did but you know what they say, nothing beats the speed of CKC ;)
Image

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

Post Reply